Author Topic: First Time Attendee  (Read 4709 times)

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
First Time Attendee
« on: March 30, 2006, 08:18:49 am »
Hi! I've gotten the green-light to register this year (I haven't registered yet, but I know I'm going).  But, being this is my first con, I have some questions!
1. I still have to have parental gaurdian(s) to go to this con.  If my family bought one adult pass, could my mom go one day, my dad go the next, etc?
2. If I pre-register, I get a pass to all 3 days of the con, right?
3. Do the people give you some sort of scheduele for con?
4. I have been hearing about screening rooms.  Do all screenings take place on one day?
5. Are the screenings listed?  Do they have age ratings on them?
6. About how many kids cosplay?  By kids I mean 8-13.  I ask because I am considering cosplay, and I am 12 years old.

Thanks!!!
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
First Time Attendee
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:22:45 am »
I can't answer any of your questions, sorry there...(^^);> I have guesses, as I'm not totally sure of my answers or own guesses. Those are very good questions there!

I'd just like to say it's great you've got an interest in Cosplay! WElcome aboard! If I find you sometime during the convention, I'd like to exchange words and all ^^ Do you have any idea what you'll be going as?

My name's Victoria and I hope to learn of your name sometime! Is it Connor?

*Waits for another to give answers* Don't worry, CC-Conner-San, they are always hovering around, ready to swoop down to help!
- Sakura-Con-Goers-Click ^^

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
First Time Attendee
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 09:39:54 am »
You'll have to check with registration about the adult pass, sorry I can't help you there.  But if you pre-reg, you will be able to get a 3 day.  Programming schedules are handed out when you pick up your registration at the convention, and we are hoping to have the info on the website as well.

The viewing rooms run all three days, from 8am-2am (Sat & Sun) and 8am-4pm Monday.  The schedule and ratings for the shows will be included with programming schedule, as well as posted outside the rooms.

Lots of people cosplay, including younger than you, so have fun  :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

• Sailor Scout
First Time Attendee
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:11:57 am »
Quote from: "Catgirl Rin Rin"
I can't answer any of your questions, sorry there...(^^);> I have guesses, as I'm not totally sure of my answers or own guesses. Those are very good questions there!

I'd just like to say it's great you've got an interest in Cosplay! WElcome aboard! If I find you sometime during the convention, I'd like to exchange words and all ^^ Do you have any idea what you'll be going as?

My name's Victoria and I hope to learn of your name sometime! Is it Connor?

*Waits for another to give answers* Don't worry, CC-Conner-San, they are always hovering around, ready to swoop down to help!

I am currently deciding on these guys:
-Loki from Mythical Detective Loki
-Vash from Trigun
-Syaoran from Tsubasa
-Rock from Metropolis
-Some randon guy wearing a cosplay cap! (Hopefully not)

2. Connor is not my name.  It is actually my middle name.
Just thought I'd answer your qustions! :D

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
Re: First Time Attendee
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 11:32:00 am »
Quote from: "CardCaptorConnor-EX"
Hi! I've gotten the green-light to register this year (I haven't registered yet, but I know I'm going).  But, being this is my first con, I have some questions!
1. I still have to have parental gaurdian(s) to go to this con.  If my family bought one adult pass, could my mom go one day, my dad go the next, etc?
2. If I pre-register, I get a pass to all 3 days of the con, right?
4. I have been hearing about screening rooms.  Do all screenings take place on one day?
5. Are the screenings listed?  Do they have age ratings on them?
6. About how many kids cosplay?  By kids I mean 8-13.  I ask because I am considering cosplay, and I am 12 years old.

Thanks!!!

1) you are going to need to check with registration on being able to traide off the pass but we will get back to you on that soon I hope.

2)Regisration is for all three days yes.

3)When you get your conbook there will a schedual in there and when there are changes to the schedual they will be anounced.

4) The vido rooms run all 3 days of the con.

5) Age screening will be enforced for everyones enjoyment and concerns at the video rooms and panels.

6) People of all ages cospay, last year I saw a baby that was cosplaying!

I hope you enjoy this years Kumoricon we are working hard to make it a great one.

-
Heidy
Kumoricon Staff
Promotions Manager
Contacts Coordinator
Publicity Slave
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline antibishie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.antibishie.com
Re: First Time Attendee
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:50:21 pm »

Speaking realistically, the volunteers just check to see that there's a badge on the person as proof that they've paid to be there.  So if you trade badges around it won't matter... it's still just going to be one person wearing one badge.  I can't imagine that anyone would even be able to notice, honestly.

Plus there's usually a schedule listed by the door of each screening room in case you want to just stop to take a moment to check and see if anything sounds interesting.  I'll freely admit that I promptly lose my schedule and resort to doing that.
-----
Jeremy Forbes
"You have much YAOI-esque-ness here...!"
http://www.antibishie.com

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
First Time Attendee
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 04:52:57 pm »
One side note: althought badge tradeing isnt exactly against the rules, remember that badges have age sets on them, so if we see some 40 year old guy walkin around with a minor badge.. well we may have to ask quesitons LOL
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
First Time Attendee
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 05:08:40 pm »
Quote from: "kylite"
One side note: althought badge tradeing isnt exactly against the rules, remember that badges have age sets on them, so if we see some 40 year old guy walkin around with a minor badge.. well we may have to ask quesitons LOL

so how many levels of color are on the badges or are they just adult and minor.  Can I tell from a badge if one of the gaurdian chaperones is over 35 and single
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
First Time Attendee
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 06:08:12 pm »
Badges come in 3 flavors:  Child, Minor, and Adult.  Last year they were yellow, red, and blue respectively.  Other colors are used for other functions within the con (I.E., staff was white last year)

And naughty Antibishie!  No encouraging con badge scamming!  You get no cookie!  Unless it's a fried gummy worm cookie.  Cuz fried gummy worms are nasty.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
First Time Attendee
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 11:06:49 pm »
Seeing as how most of your questions have been answered as well as they can right now, I'll answer the last one.

Check out this Millie from Trigun (photo taken by Eurobeat King) at Sakura-Con:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Trumby/Sakuracon%202006/Trigun/643473.jpg

Also this Rock Lee with Black Gai (Chris <3):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Trumby/Sakuracon%202006/Naruto/DSCN0117.jpg
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

• Sailor Scout
First Time Attendee
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 12:46:51 pm »
Ok guys, new question.
How long does Kumoricon last?

(e.g. x:00am-y:00pm)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
First Time Attendee