Author Topic: Cosplay for 06' help  (Read 5106 times)

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
Cosplay for 06' help
« on: December 13, 2005, 10:57:23 am »
Me and my girlfriend are going as Lupin and Fujiko from Lupin the 3rd. Does anyone have any ideas as to get our cosplays together?
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:11:46 am »
Beacuse the costumes aren't super elaborate, you should make sure to have every last detail down. The shoes, hair (facial also) is important... to me anyway... -not very good at giving advice- ^^;;

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 11:15:27 am »
I know at least one person on here cosplayed as Lupin III so there is someone who can give you personal experience here.

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 11:21:46 am »
Quote from: "Negima"
I know at least one person on here cosplayed as Lupin III so there is someone who can give you personal experience here.

If you could send me that persons AIM, Yahoo, MSN, or E-mail address. It would be greatly appreciate it.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 11:23:55 am »
i think with a costume that simple, you need to get the details DOWN. otherwise youre justa a guy in a suit.
Ive seen its really popular to do lupinIII, spike, and nabeshin  too.  but i dunno, it almost seems like its popular out of ease of costume than it is out of coolness of character.
but the few people that ive seen really do the details looked pritty cool.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 12:01:06 pm »
Quote from: "DarkKnightUltima"
Quote from: "Negima"

If you could send me that persons AIM, Yahoo, MSN, or E-mail address. It would be greatly appreciate it.

Found him.  It was rarnom.  All of his contact info is on his profile page here.  *Points to "search" and "memberlist" up top*

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 05:44:18 pm »
Does anyone know where to find Templates (like those you can find at fabric stores for dresses and such) for Cosplaying? I have been looking for awhile but nothing has turned up.
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 05:59:39 pm »
You want patterns from a place like Jo Ann’s fabrics, I have about 30 sets of costume patterns although the only ones I have used so far are for Cloaks. The store will have catalogs of the pattern sets they have stored in file drawers, check out all the catalogs for every company not just the one for Halloween.  Most of mine are Simplicity and McCall’s because they were on sale the most often, either half price (for a set I realy wanted) or 99 cents during the midnight madness sale.  I'm not familer with the outfits of the charectors from most anime but you shoud be able to find patterns that would give you a start they always have a set with Kimonos and Ninja Pajammas.  And then research on the net about cosplay
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 08:16:13 pm »
what place does midnight madness 99c?  i used to get my paterens at mill end cause they are allmost allways on 50% off.  but now i get eveything at the fabric depot on the 40% off everything weekend.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 08:24:31 pm »
We have three Jo Ann's fabric outlets in Eugene.   There are other stores with patterns but my one friend who is into sewing was always going to Jo Ann's.  They always have one of the 3 brands of patterns on sale for half price $5 or $6, and then they have 99cent sales a few times a year or maybe even once a month.   Once I was in Portland with other friends and we were getting computer parts and next door was a Jo Ann's having a sale and I got 15 patterns for $15 while they hid in the car.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 08:47:30 pm »
Okay, got an idea.

Does anyone know a good material that would work for a Laughing Man mask? If possible, does anyone know of a material that is keep and like a one way mirror, where I would be able to see out, but I could have the laughing man logo on the other side?
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Cosplay for 06' help
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 03:02:08 pm »
ask rarnom. He's on the threads as well and has already cosplyead as Lupid the third. But yeah, since the cosplay is simple make sure you have the details down. Make sure you have the side burns as well, lol. Good luck!  :wink:

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Laughing Man / Costume Sale
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 09:55:08 am »
Quote from: "AzuKyo"
Does anyone know where to find Templates (like those you can find at fabric stores for dresses and such) for Cosplaying? I have been looking for awhile but nothing has turned up.

Actually, I have made a rotating Laughing Man mask that Guy tends to wander about with... Because of a lack of room for all the NEW costumes that I've been making, I'm pondering selling off many of my old costumes (20+ years worth of sewing!) -- including the Laughing Man mask...

Haven't decided on prices yet (make an offer!! I just might take it), but here's a partial list of what needs to be shoved aside for my new stuff: Sesshoumaru (aluminum armor, too!), Laughing Man, Genzo Sanzo, the "This costume has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" sign, the "Costume Licensing Agreement", Software Pirate, Samurai Salad [excellent hangover costume], "Nip of Scotch" [half scotsman half samurai pun costume], "Rum an' Coke" [Roman soldier out of coca cola fabric pun costume], brown & yellow parti colored 12th century velvet 'gates of hell' dress, blue 12th century 'gates of hell' dress, Byzantine male and female outfits, "bad reception man" [another pun costume - very comfy], "Daphne" [of Scooby-doo] dress, 60s space bimbo, and a few generic tunics.

I have pictures of most of these (and will take pics of the rest!). Most of the costumes listed are made to fit loosely, so they will actually work for many body types / sizes (I'll help adjust the costume if it's a bit large; don't have extra fabric to make 'em bigger, though). Costumes are essentially in sizes equivalent to L / XL sizes. All are in good to excellent condition and all are CLEAN.  Email me off list to let me know which you might be interested in and we can discuss.  

-Andie
andie@ados.net