Author Topic: Teen anime Fan  (Read 5118 times)

Offline MadaNeddals

• Oni
Teen anime Fan
« on: June 04, 2004, 11:49:10 am »
Hey just came here to say hello to everyone and start meeting some other fans.

Do you think i should help volunteer at this convention:?:
I am a truly a great leader I plan ahead, look I've already got my death sentance all planned out: "You and what army?"

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Teen anime Fan
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 04:55:30 pm »
reason i voted no is simple.  at age 13, ud have more fun goofin off at the con then being on staff.  trust me, if u volunteer, half ur con is dedicated to being either in one spot or all over like a chicken with its head off.  (mind u i think its fun but hey thats me but im 24 and been to a few cons already)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Teen anime Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 05:06:44 pm »
i didnt vote becuase i dont think it would screw it up

but i do think there are legal issue and maturity issues not specifly you but in genral 13 year old are pretty inmature

Offline alanna_liadon

• Cabbit
Teen anime Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 12:18:14 am »
I also think it's a bad idea due to legal issues, and also supervisory issues.  Someone over 18 would need to be "in charge" of this person anyway, wouldn't they?  I'm not 100% clear on the minor-rules, but I just think volunteering or being staff is asking for trouble when you're that young.  

I do encourage attending the convention regardless of your age.  You're 13! Go and have fun, and don't worry about working until you have to.

=^_^=
~ Alanna =^_^=

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Teen anime Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 05:25:27 pm »
We do ask that any of our staff are at least 18.  There is the ability for minors to do volunteer work, but there are only so many things that we are allowed to have them do.  One position that probably would be best if you still feel like you want to help out is to be a staff gopher, basically you help bring notes, or a slice of pizza to a starved staff member, or run a broken radio back to ops, small little tasks that don't require any sort of authority, but that's something you can decide to do at the convention simply by talking with the volunteer coordinator people.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
Teen anime Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 05:34:31 pm »
but see i think its would be cool of a teen to do it, i mean how many teens will ask to help out? if they do, its ovbious they really want to ! like me! i have volunteered at the humain socitey (however you spell it) and the blanchet house, old folks homes, ego trust buliding, and so many more! i went to enviromental middle school, and they tought me how to volunteer and be good at it, im 13 going into high school, and i love volunteering. so hopefully you'll let at least SOME volunteer.
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline Takmai

• Sailor Scout
    • http://takmai.deviantart.com
Teen anime Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 01:18:36 pm »
I voted no just because I know so many irresponsible people my age.  I know I'd jump at the chance to help, but who knows how many of my evil friends would lure me away with yummy yummy Pocky...

That was a joke.  My friends aren't really evil... I swear.
It doesn't matter whether you win or squelch, but how you play the tuba.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Teen anime Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 02:31:56 pm »
No.  Simply for legal reasons.  Yes, you may be a mature 13 year old, I know I was more mature than most adults by that age-don't worry, I grew out of THAT phase ^.^ - but we still request you be legally old enough to volonteer.

But have fun at your first con! ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.