Author Topic: 2006 May 21st General Meeting  (Read 41484 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
2006 May 21st General Meeting
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:18:07 am »
Sunday May 21 at the Jantzen Beach Red Lion Inn, Portland OR
Clark Room (room confirmed!)

12-3pm
Anyone who wishes to view the space we will be in, please come to this meeting. We will be touring the grounds. More info on agenda items after the April meeting.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:20:21 am »
will also try to attend this meeting! I would enjoy getting a feel for what the cons lay out will be
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:48:23 pm »
See you guys there.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:32:56 pm »
I'll definately be there, Camera en hand.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 12:58:40 am »
This meeting location will be awesome for scouting out the land from a yojimbo standpoint.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 10:00:19 am »
I will be at this one for sure
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 01:53:21 pm »
just found out I can't go
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 09:23:03 pm »
Kinda far out there, but I'll try to make it.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline Smith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 09:18:38 am »
You can definitally count me in on that one.

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 09:12:34 pm »
I'll most definitely try to be there...and with at least one friend.... :twisted:

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 10:17:30 pm »
is it true that if we bring our computers we can check out whether we can access wireless internet from various parts of the hotel, on this tour?

when will we know if we have the hotel rooms near some of the panel rooms so that those rooms can continue programming into the evening?

forgive the blatant technoignorance, but does one have to purchase some kind of gear or some kind of account, before trying to access wireless, if one at home only uses dialup? if so, what should one get?

(note: i'm on a mac).
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 08:08:34 am »
I and hawkeye will be bringing a couple wireless radios for use with the con for testing. We just got a killer deal on a set of 2 for 30 bucks that have a 10 mile range. BUT we have concerns on the ranges that we are allowed to use and or not use legally. Any assistance would be great.

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 10:38:30 am »
I second kylite's questions, but if you have any info that would be useful on if we can keep them or not, please let us know soon as we only have a 30 day window to take them back if necessary.

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/allyson_l
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 11:12:52 am »
I'm in. It would be nice to get a look at the convention grounds before the actual convention (scout out my hiding places and all of the exits to make a quick get-a-way when the time calls for it).  8)
I refuse to believe people refuse to believe the truth.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »
I and hawkeye will be bringing a couple wireless radios for use with the con for testing. We just got a killer deal on a set of 2 for 30 bucks that have a 10 mile range. BUT we have concerns on the ranges that we are allowed to use and or not use legally. Any assistance would be great.

Im not too sure about legal restrictions, personally I think if there were legal restrictions they wouldnt have made them usable up to 10 miles.

But here is something about radios to watch out for. Make sure that they are on something other than channel 1. You should be able to configure them for channels 1-11, but by staying on the default channel 1 there is a chance anyone else out there with one could listen in or even broadcast and make a big confuzzle of things. You always run this risk since anyone can access those channels and possibly interfere with transmissions but most ppl arent intelligent enough (or are too apathetic) to change their own channel.

Also note that if your radios broadcast at 2.4Ghz then you will most likely get lots of interference/white noise from all the cell phones/wireless devices in the building since most devices send signals at 2.4Ghz (damn FCC).

My recommendation, set your radio's to channel 6 or 11 they are the least likely to have anything running through them, and even if there is something operating on those channels it will be so little that you should be able to minimize interference. Good luck.  8)

PS.

If your radios are advanced enough to set the range on them, then I suggest you set them to the area of the convention. Any bigger and they could interfere with outside sources. This is just a way of being nice, no reason to set up a 10 mile field when your going to use less than 1.

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:18:31 pm »
Quote from: "Daxe"

Im not too sure about legal restrictions, personally I think if there were legal restrictions they wouldnt have made them usable up to 10 miles.

But here is something about radios to watch out for. Make sure that they are on something other than channel 1. You should be able to configure them for channels 1-11, but by staying on the default channel 1 there is a chance anyone else out there with one could listen in or even broadcast and make a big confuzzle of things. You always run this risk since anyone can access those channels and possibly interfere with transmissions but most ppl arent intelligent enough (or are too apathetic) to change their own channel.

Also note that if your radios broadcast at 2.4Ghz then you will most likely get lots of interference/white noise from all the cell phones/wireless devices in the building since most devices send signals at 2.4Ghz (damn FCC).

My recommendation, set your radio's to channel 6 or 11 they are the least likely to have anything running through them, and even if there is something operating on those channels it will be so little that you should be able to minimize interference. Good luck.  8)

PS.

If your radios are advanced enough to set the range on them, then I suggest you set them to the area of the convention. Any bigger and they could interfere with outside sources. This is just a way of being nice, no reason to set up a 10 mile field when your going to use less than 1.

These are all things we're looking at, actually. We might also consider taking these 10 mile ones back and getting some shorter range ones, we haven't decided yet.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 05:27:11 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
is it true that if we bring our computers we can check out whether we can access wireless internet from various parts of the hotel, on this tour?

when will we know if we have the hotel rooms near some of the panel rooms so that those rooms can continue programming into the evening?

forgive the blatant technoignorance, but does one have to purchase some kind of gear or some kind of account, before trying to access wireless, if one at home only uses dialup? if so, what should one get?

The hotel says they have wireless Internet access. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to test your ability to connect.

If you don't have a wireless network interface card in your laptop or for your laptop, then yes, you will need one. 802.11b should be fine, 802.11g would help your throughput. I don't know Macs so if you don't already know if you have a wireless card I don't know what to tell you. But if you don't know then you probably don't have one. Look at your computer's documentation, call the people who sold it to you, something like that.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Yuki-cyan77

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 09:09:58 pm »
I was planning on going to the previous meeting, but couldn't...so I'll be definately going to this one...that is, if nothing happens to my ride or me.  ^-^
Yuki-cyan77
KC'06: Staff - on call Sign Language Interpreter
SC'06: Wendy (GUNxSWORD), Aerith (FF7), Inuyasha
Staff - Translator

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 09:24:34 am »
Pocky Club will be attempting to have a meeting in Jantzen Beach once again. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up at the convention meeting and use some time towards the end/afterwards to plan our own events and stuff.

Neko_chan! Bring your camera so that we can assemble some photo posts on the mailing list.

If i'm lucky my new seamstress will have some things to show my other club members.  :wink:
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 01:56:26 am »
thanks, rian. i *think* that the "air port" feature is wireless? any mac users in the know??????
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline kalira

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 11:47:08 am »
Yes, Airport is your wireless card.

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 01:40:14 pm »

Depending how new your mac is, you might already have built-in wireless. You'll need to check your specs.  If not, you will want to look into something like the Apple AirPort Card. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106777
That page lists which Macs the card works in and which it doesn't.

What I've learned from my hubby's laptop is that he just needs to find a wireless connection and he's good to go, providing it's a free wireless connection. Red Lion advertising a free Net4Guests connection, so no problems there.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 08:32:13 pm »
go figure....it specifically names my computer (ibook g4) as not able to receive an air port card. now what!

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 11:02:15 pm »
go figure....it specifically names my computer (ibook g4) as not able to receive an air port card. now what!

If nothing else, bring your laptop up to the May meeting and someone will likely be able to help you figure it out.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline prettymoi

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/29182705
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 01:32:29 am »
my bf is really good with computers and wireless (which is what I have at home) so I will get him to come to the meeting and see if he can help.
Trust is where it all begins...

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2006, 10:16:42 am »
I work with computers and more specifically wireless laptops.
Im a Technician for Portland Public Schools, so if you need help feel free to ask me if and when I get there.

Offline Smith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 09:53:43 am »
Complete change of subject.  I forgot to bring this up in last post, but I can drag anybody who could go, if they had a ride, that lives somewhat close to, or can be around, the Milwaukie area-ish.

I currently have three seats available.

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 12:18:06 pm »
*bats eylashes*

Smmmiiiiiiiith, old buddy old pal.....which part of millwaulkie are we talking here?

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2006, 03:57:09 pm »
He's talking about the western edge of Milwaukie... Both he and I don't really live that far away from "downtown" Milwaukie/McLaughlin... Like a mile or so away from them each.

I'm fairly sure that it really doesn't matter what part of Milwaukie you live in... Only problems might be the southern part of Milwaukie (towards Gladstone and Johnson City (Thiessen and Webster areas.)) Just post which part of Milwaukie you're in or send him a PM with the same information.

Hopefully that means he's taking me >.>

Offline Smith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2006, 04:48:32 am »
Who said anything about taking you Yamcha *cough* I mean of couse.  I'll be taking the Jeep if I need it so I have three extra after you.  Anyways most likely I can take you, just give me a heads up on the where-abouts and I'll most likely be able to help out.

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2006, 12:37:19 pm »
Its cool. I don't live in Millwauke, I was just going to meet you there or something for a ride, but I think I've figured something out. So I guess you don't need to worry about it. Thanks though!

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2006, 11:58:25 pm »
Dont worry about it Xaam, Ive got a ride covered for us.

Offline Smith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2006, 11:27:20 am »
Ok, I'll see you at the meeting then.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 09:28:14 pm »
prettymoi, daxe, and rian, thanks a lot! looking forward to anyone's kind assistance :)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 11:13:04 am »
Any Pocky Club members that will be at the meeting!
Come dressed for pictures!

We need to get some photos of us for the website and I want to get a little publicity stuff together for our table.

It's time to kick it into gear and begin the preparations for the con!

(also, any members of the Survival Horror Society going to be there? I need to know if we're going to pull off that campout so I can request time off!)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2006, 08:50:29 pm »
okay pretty sure i can make it and if i can i will come in cosplay of course
oh yeah thanks for the ducktales link very funny stuff
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Pocket Ninja

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2006, 04:24:53 pm »
aww! I missed it! *pouts*
Kumoricon! Wahoo!

(order of cosplay might change)
Saturday- Rikku (FFX)
Sunday- Tifa (FF:AC)
Monday- Mana-sama (maybe)

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 05:24:33 pm »
I came, I saw, I made sure my stuff was there cause I'm paranoid, I left because my mother was pissing me off by being there.  Sorry but I kinda wanted to be me, anime-Kerry and not Kerry with mother involved.  So I just left.  But it was informative.
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2006, 06:34:18 am »
Quote from: "bastett08"
I came, I saw, I made sure my stuff was there cause I'm paranoid, I left because my mother was pissing me off by being there.  Sorry but I kinda wanted to be me, anime-Kerry and not Kerry with mother involved.  So I just left.  But it was informative.

I'm not sure if I saw you, Kerry where were you sitting?

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2006, 11:43:01 am »
Quote from: "leashy"
Quote from: "bastett08"

I'm not sure if I saw you, Kerry where were you sitting?

I was in the back with a leather jacket, a white t-shirt that buttons down the front with jeans.  I also had a Borders bag and an anal mother with the Sunday paper.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2006, 12:02:06 pm »
I was the guy at the front, behind the laptop, who really needed a haircut.

I was impressed with everyone at the meeting, it went suprisingly well and we got a lot done in spite of all the chaos of the seperate meeting groups. For the first time this year it felt like the convention was really actually coming together.

And I got to meet my nemesis Neko_chan in person and can confirm with reasonable certainty that she is not a guy. (Hmm, this changes everything!)
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2006, 12:42:24 pm »
Quote from: "guspasho"

And I got to meet my nemesis Neko_chan in person and can confirm with reasonable certainty that she is not a guy. (Hmm, this changes everything!)

Ohh I was sitting there when that took place and I was like "Ohhh that's Guspasho!"  But unfortunately there you were not there in a bear costume as I hoped you would be because I love the avatar! But yeah o.o

Kerry I didn't see you I'm sorry ;-; Next time we'll meet!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2006, 06:06:23 pm »
I think most everyone saw me and I hope nobody got left out when it came to pocky. I'm glad I finally got a chance to talk to people in the publicity and the relations departments. i've been up to speed with Programming the whole time but it was great to finally talk to all the other  department heads.

I've got the prices of tables for artist alley and sweet map of the convention space. I'll be sure to update all of Pocky Club in my next newsletter. Hopefully I'll be able to link all the cool pictures from Nekochan!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2006, 08:18:08 pm »
Man, it sounds like a lot of people from the forum went to the meeting.  Too bad I couldn't go (really busy that day).  ~_~

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2006, 10:33:46 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
Quote from: "guspasho"

Ohh I was sitting there when that took place and I was like "Ohhh that's Guspasho!"  But unfortunately there you were not there in a bear costume as I hoped you would be because I love the avatar! But yeah o.o

Kerry I didn't see you I'm sorry ;-; Next time we'll meet!

Oh darn.  Well, I'll be dressed up as Anna from Shaman king and hopefully Yachiru from Bleach this year so look for me and let me know if you'll be cosplaying.  Maybe we can meet up at a panel or something.

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2006, 10:34:24 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Man, it sounds like a lot of people from the forum went to the meeting.  Too bad I couldn't go (really busy that day).  ~_~

Oh darn!  Well, I hope to see you all at the con.  I know it gets really busy there, too but lets all meet sometime.  Twould be cool!

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2006, 11:15:56 pm »
I could have sworn I posted saying I wouldn't be there. Egh, forums...

Sorry I missed it. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2006, 09:22:22 am »
I'll upload pcitures either tonight or tomarrow...

^_^ And yeah, I'm not a boy... HAha... Guspasho, can I call you Goose? (because that nickname rocks....)

I had fun with everyone, I'll be at the June meeting also, I probably won't be in costume... I dunno. Depends. :3

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2006, 09:46:15 am »
*grins* everyone saw me. How could you possibly miss the LONG BLACK LEATHER TRENCHCOAT! hehehehe

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2006, 11:09:41 am »
Quote from: "kylite"
*grins* everyone saw me. How could you possibly miss the LONG BLACK LEATHER TRENCHCOAT! hehehehe

Haha, I though that was you... I can't belive you said you werent hot...

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2006, 11:55:50 am »
Yeah, and I believe I saw a map of the building under that thing. Someone should have called the FBI, he might be up to something!

Goose is way better than Gus, call away!
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2006, 12:35:38 pm »

and and how often does he stand in front of the mirror trying to hide a katana under the coat just like the highlander
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2006, 01:32:45 pm »
To answer Vondan and Guspacho, yes he's up to something and yes he often tries to hide a katana under there.  To Neko, he is hot, isn't he?

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2006, 03:10:09 pm »
*coughs and adjusts his coat* a Yojimbo is always prepared. and as for the hot comment, im a guy, thus utterly and totally clueless. *grins*

PS: I guess I am hot, who knew? *shrugs*

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2006, 03:15:06 pm »
*snickers*  Clueless about covers it.  If you get to carry a weapon, do we all get to?

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2006, 06:39:52 pm »

I don't think I saw you ;-; did you see me at all?

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2006, 06:42:48 pm »
Kylite - Dude, you're totally hot. I've been saying that for the better part of four years man >.> Next time, maybe, you should pay attention to me ;_;

I was there, wearing my dark overshirt, khaki's, headphones and yeah... Sitting in the front row with my Yojimbo homies.

Awesome meeting and it feels great to hear Guspasho say "I'm surprised at the amount of people came." I don't know, it's just reassuring to me.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006, 08:30:57 am »
i was in cosplay for the meeting for like five minuts as i was the only pocky club member who came with one :shock:
so i got to delive the pocky to the con chair, i was ururu from bleach
then i was in my flcl t=shirt and had my hair in pigtails
anyone see me?
i still tjink we should have a meeting some time with our fourm names pined to our shirt

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2006, 03:06:28 pm »
I didn't see you, but at least my request of having pocky delivered to her got fulfilled

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2006, 09:08:25 am »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
I didn't see you, but at least my request of having pocky delivered to her got fulfilled

ALWAYS!
In fact, the Club already has another delivery order. It's a little weird though...
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2006, 09:22:15 am »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Quote from: "Hawkeye"

ALWAYS!
In fact, the Club already has another delivery order. It's a little weird though...

Ouuu, Do tell! :3

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2006, 01:47:51 pm »
I wanna know...

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2006, 02:11:47 pm »
Ahem, it's confidential Pocky Club Business Hawkeye.
This order is specifically a suprise.

Also, Nekochan, I can't tell you here. Maybe if you can come to Ruki's party i'll tell you there.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2006, 08:59:39 am »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Ahem, it's confidential Pocky Club Business Hawkeye.
This order is specifically a suprise.

Also, Nekochan, I can't tell you here. Maybe if you can come to Ruki's party i'll tell you there.

I can't go, seeing as it's on the last day of school. ^^;; PM?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2006, 09:28:02 am »
wants to know 2 rukis partii?