Author Topic: 2006 April 15th General Meeting  (Read 19177 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
2006 April 15th General Meeting
« on: March 27, 2006, 08:10:27 pm »
When: April 15, 2006
12pm
Room "Anderson B"

Where: Salem Public Library, 585 Liberty Street SE, Salem OR

We will be kicking it in to high gear, with roughly 4 months until con time. We will also be announcing the winners of the mascot contest and discussing the viability of a staff retreat later on in the year.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:31:14 pm »
Time of this meeting??
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 11:01:26 pm »
*points at the 12pm in the top post*

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 12:02:10 am »
I forgot my eyeballs that can read time.. in the car.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 07:57:57 pm »
I am gonna try my hardest to attend this meeting
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 09:54:06 pm »
how old do you have to be to get in

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 11:46:56 pm »
There is no age limit as far as I know, it is open to any that wish to come :)
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 09:14:08 am »
Meetings are open to the public, all ages.

If you are under 18, you cannot serve as staff, but you can volunteer.

The rest of the staff requirements are just off the main page.

@ Waffles
Be sure to say hi to me! :)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 09:17:30 am »
Will do heh I might shine your shoes for you also. so what will this meeting be covering mostly?
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 11:36:14 pm »
if i leave right from work at noon, i should be able to be there at 130 or so. however, last sat. i was only able to leave work at 130....so we'll see...i'll try...this was why i was really into the meetings rotating and sometimes being in eugene and/or on sundays. thanks and love
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 10:38:57 am »
The meetings will still move, and May is on a Sunday. :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 03:30:05 pm »
right...actually there is a thread...somewhere...(i think it is the one con chair/popularity contest)..on  the sakuracon forums in which it was asked if KC would consider also rotating its meetings to include seattle or even bc and asking if AEvolution would reciprocate
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 03:46:50 pm »
Salem? Bah can't go ><

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 04:51:36 pm »
I think moving meetings to Seattle is pretty much out.  We are Oregon's premier con, and going further north would kind of undermine that principle.  Plus, it would also further alienate staff from the southern half of the state... I know for a fact that I could not make a 16-hour round trip to go to a con meeting in Seattle.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 05:07:41 pm »
Quote from: "PezCat"
I think moving meetings to Seattle is pretty much out.  We are Oregon's premier con, and going further north would kind of undermine that principle.  Plus, it would also further alienate staff from the southern half of the state... I know for a fact that I could not make a 16-hour round trip to go to a con meeting in Seattle.

And to kinda add on to that (by breaking it down), from Eugene it would take 5-6 hours depending on traffic to get there then another 5-6 hours to get back home, not including rest stops or food.  Then there's the meeting itself so add on at least another 2 hours.  You're pretty much on the road the whole day and not doing anything else.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 07:26:30 pm »
We rotated to salem because it was decided and voted on it during one of the eugene meetings that salem is a bit closer and has several of our people there too as well as a contact that can get us a better meeting room... Somehow I don't see everyone voting to go to seattle, I know I won't.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 01:29:50 am »
i would like to remain open to the idea that, at least in a future year, if we are attempting to bridge with northern cons and expand our attendee base, we might consider holding one meeting a year as an outreach meeting up north. alternatively, we might ask to be an agenda item or something, like a guest presenter, at one con meeting a year up north (don't know if they'd go for it).

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 10:32:35 am »
Again, I severely question the practicality of that.  Having a meeting out-of-state simply WOULD NOT WORK.  We have enough problems as it is with people being able to get to the meetings that are in-state (adding Salem as a centrally-located meeting site was a brilliant idea - thank you whoever thought of/put that together).  But with the number of people in Portland who say "I can't make Eugene meetings," the number in Eugene who say "I can't make Portland meetings," and the number of both who say "I can't make Salem meetings," you can expect that to at least double with a Seattle meeting.  Plus, how fair is that to the executives who probably spend at least 20 hours a week dealing with con stuff (on top of their jobs/schooling)?  It's really rather unrealistic to go that route.

Sending an embassador might be a feasible concept, to raise awareness and relations - maybe that's an idea for Relations to get in on.  But to make a full-on meeting outside of Oregon is very impractical.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
April 15th meeting & afters
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 09:47:30 am »
Guy and I plan to attend the meeting this weekend. I will be bringing along the costumes I have for sale, so bring money if you want to take advantage of bargain priced costumes. The costumes are being sold for less than what it cost me to make them, so essentially if the costume fitx, it's an incredible deal.

Since we're also considering spending the night in Salem, we could also schedule some costuming stuff after meeting as well. Let me know.

-Andie :)

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 12:19:37 pm »
you know meetings are for the staff memembers to get an up date on what is going on with the other dept. And where we are as a whole but who is to day we can't plan on some KC adventures that take us up to Seattel to promot kinship and such.  

If we keep an open mind to the meeting in Seattle that really is not pratical but having an adventure trip would be fun.  Since many of us go to Sakura next year we could plan a more organized KC showing up there.  Heck we could all show up in Kumori Tees or cosplay as Kumori-girl.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 12:41:12 pm »
Quote from: "spindrift"

If we keep an open mind to the meeting in Seattle that really is not pratical but having an adventure trip would be fun.  Since many of us go to Sakura next year we could plan a more organized KC showing up there.  Heck we could all show up in Kumori Tees or cosplay as Kumori-girl.

Kumori girl with K Stars

http://vondan.com/picture_library/kstar.jpg
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 12:30:36 am »
the adventure trip thing sounds cool as well as a good compromise to not having a full scale meeting in Seattle  :-)
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 01:42:41 am »
My friend and I are going to try and make it this weekend. He'll most likely make it, I need to get over a ridiculous fear of travelling. Even 50 miles makes me paranoid.

As for holding/not-holding meetings up in Seattle... Well... We could simply have people up in Seattle hold meetings for K-Con themselves and, if at all possible, people from down here attempt to go up there... Or have a web conference with people down here... It's a crazy idea and I'm just throwing it out there.

There isn't really a reason why we should have to go out of our way to go up to Seattle physically... But it would be nice to hold meetings for thems up in and around Seattle somehow.

Don't blow me to pieces over it, just a crazy idea.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 02:23:17 am »
Quote from: "Eternal Yamcha"

Don't blow me to pieces over it, just a crazy idea.

I think it would be fun just to blow you to peices but then again I am very tried and can't think and I think everything is a good idea right now

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 10:29:08 am »
Some Sakuracon folks can correct me on this, but their meetings are more generally oriented toward public relations, providing information to the public on the state of convention planning, largely as a recruiting tool. Kumoricon's general meetings are currently where most of the work actually gets done. In large part, once someone (especially Meg) runs into a roadblock, all work on a project stops until the general meeting when they can get a simple answer from a group of people all at once. It's a huge difference in culture. Which is why meetings in Seattle to get Washingtonians and British Columbians more involved would not work for us very well. It's just not how we work. Yet. It's definitely a very flawed system that we need to work on improving, so that the general meetings can become more like recruiting drives like Sakuracon has.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 10:39:58 am »
It would not be a bad idea to appoint a person who already lives in the home city of every other anime con as a Kumoricon rep.   I suspect some Sakuracon staff just might also attend K con as an attendee or even be staff.  Supply them with notes and talking points and send them to their meetings and ask to give a little speak or hand out info a few times a year, and invite them to do the same.

If no one else i can send my mom who lives in seattle (She played FF7 to the end but she re named Cloud Danny) allthough as soon as she saw any catgirls she would loose her train of thought and start talking about cats
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline snakeling

• Sailor Scout
    • http://cmdproduction.com
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 10:34:56 am »
I wasn't able to attend the april meeting.  Does anyone have meeting minutes I could get a copy of?