Poll

Would you like to watch FullMetal Fantasy?

Hell Yeah!
7 (46.7%)
Sounds interesting.
7 (46.7%)
Not really.
0 (0%)
No... That would suck
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: March 26, 2006, 05:25:20 pm

Author Topic: FullMetal Fantasy!  (Read 10065 times)

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
FullMetal Fantasy!
« on: March 26, 2006, 05:25:20 pm »
Ok, so I don't know how many people know about this but Vic Mignogna, the brilliant voice for Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist and other great ADV anime produced a movie called FullMetal Fantasy!
      Get this, the movie is like a live action FullMetal Alchemist with the voice actors playing the characters!  
      "Have you ever imagined what it would be like to be a real anime character? Vic Mignogna, Edward Elric of Fullmetal Alchemist, has created an original live action short film featuring many of your favorite FMA voice actors. "Fullmetal Fantasy" is a special presentation you won't want to miss!"
      The only problem is that normal people can't actually go rent it or download it or anything and it's only showed in cons that he's at.  It says on ( http://acen.org/blog/?p=9 ) that it won't be coming out for another year (since Semptember 2005) and I was wondering if it might be okay to ask someone who has any idea how to get the film to maybe ... play it at Kumoricon?  If you can, that is! Looking at the reactions from the people who've seen it, I'd say fans would LOVE to see this.
      Also, the poll is just for me, I'm wondering what people think of the idea and also what they think about watching it.   Hopefully the Con-Director (Is t Con-Chair? Who's in charge T3T ... I'm so dumb) will like this idea.  I'm emailing Vic to learn about other ways to see his film if I can't see it at the convention.  
        Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,
                                                                          Jessica W.  :D
"However long the night may last, the dawn will always break."
"He thought they were the most beautiful birds in the world, the he found out they were only seagulls." ~Maude: Harold and Maude

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
FullMetal Fantasy!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 05:26:32 pm »
Also, this movie is kinda "old" so I might be the last person who's heard of it T3T Sowwy!
"He thought they were the most beautiful birds in the world, the he found out they were only seagulls." ~Maude: Harold and Maude

Offline Yoko-chan

• Oni
FullMetal Fantasy!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:47:45 pm »
OMG!! I'd LOVE that!  
:3 But, I don't think we'd be able to get Vic to come to Kumoricon...He's so busy, I'm sure he's already someplace.
BUT MAN!  If there is ANY way we could see it, regardless I'm ALL OVER IT!  Good luck!

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
FullMetal Fantasy!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 07:22:23 am »
Umm, even though I think it would be intriguing, I honestly don't think the voice actors could do it.

Vic's too old to be Edward. He's also too tall. It wouldn't work on many levels, even though it would be funny.

However, if its not meant to be taken seriously in the first place, well then, I would love to see it. :D

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
FullMetal Fantasy!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 11:03:53 am »
It was already made. This was at AWA 11 but I never got around to seeing it while there.

It sounds like it'd be interesting to watch though. If someone here had some kind of connection to bring it here, I'd be all over it. :P

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
FullMetal Fantasy!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 11:20:04 am »
Vic was going to play it at AnimeOasis but wasn't able to because of some legal complications he had to stop showing at cons. If I remember right he said it might resurface after the offical release of the FMA movie.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline nonomi_ikari

• Sailor Scout
    • http://fionarea.deviantart.com
FullMetal Fantasy!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 11:56:57 am »
Quote from: "BigGuy"
Vic was going to play it at AnimeOasis but wasn't able to because of some legal complications he had to stop showing at cons. If I remember right he said it might resurface after the offical release of the FMA movie.

Exactly!! I couldn't find it online, and I wanted to cry so bad. I was looking forward to it at AO. ;_;

Damn Copywrite Laws!! ><

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
FullMetal Fantasy!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 04:31:05 pm »
Hey all!  Sorry it took so long to reply!  I got a reply from Vic Mignogna over my time away.  He says that it is a private fan film that he made and because it has copyright laws on it we won't be able to buy it and watch it.  There is basically no other way to see it besides to go to conventions he attends and he's such a busy guy that I don't think he'll be coming to kumoricon this year...  He didn't give me any details about the whole copyright laws that restrict him from showing it at conventions anymore, but I haven't really looked into it that much...  

Sorry it's sort of dissapointing not to be able to watch it.  >.>  If there was some way of getting my hands on it, that'd be great but uh... Since it's private and all and I'm no professional at this or anything we'll just have to see if it becomes available to the public anytime soon!