Author Topic: Oh no! Kumori's 2006 mascot is missing! Help!  (Read 23003 times)

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
Oh no! Kumori's 2006 mascot is missing! Help!
« on: March 23, 2006, 05:08:09 pm »
Kumori girl, where have you gone? Oh no! Kumori's 2006 mascot is missing!

Find her!

DRAW HER!

Send your rendition of Kumori girl to:
kumori_girl@yahoo.com

Please export you file to jpeg form.  

Enteries must be received by April 14th 2006
Voting for Kumoricon's 2006 mascot will be at the April 15th meeting for all to enjoy!

Secret prize will be awarded to the winner!
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 05:16:58 pm »
you shoud pick the best 3 or four and have them on the loga as a team spaning several Anime sub styles    Like Sailor Fighter K-Girl, Cat Girl K-Girl, Mech Suit K-Girl, Ninja K-Girl,  etc

And then have a K-Girl Look alike cosplay cpntest

Von "51% of my movie scripts are a rehash of the same theam I started with Shakepear's Anglels" Dan
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 06:20:05 pm »
this sounds like an awesome contest! I'll start working on some pictures to see if I win(doubtful though, my art is horrid) XD

I also like Vondan's idea too, multiple styles of the K-girl, and even a cosplay contest for her lookalike. XD Sounds like awesome fun!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 06:37:34 pm »
Ohh I just had another great Idea, for Ninja K girl I’m going to cut out some K shaped Ninja stars, I'll experiment right now I have some mild steel and tin snips over there.

Edit two hours later (With BK break and 30 minutes of video games)

Oh Ninja K-Girl your Kstar is ready.  I made it from sheet bronze not mild steel so it has a classic look like it was handed down from generations of Ninja K-Girls.  I have already tried it out and with this Kstar Ninja K-Girl can protect her self from ANY and ALL cardboard boxes and Styrofoam blocks

http://vondan.com/picture_library/kstar.jpg

It's Guarantied 100% non-peace bondable
Can also be worn by King Kumorimorikhan on a chain for extra Bling during the opening Mamba Parade
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 09:59:03 pm »
@ Vondan

That looks so cool! It reminds me of what my dad does, he works with sheet metal.

As far as drawing the Kumori girl goes, I love drawing, but I don't do so well with drawing people. Does the Kumori girl have to be human, or can she be a furry?

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 01:29:15 pm »
We are going to take all submission for the contest seriously and we want to keep Kumori-girl in the same theme as she has always been .

Who is Kumoric-girl ?

She is the cute girl next door Oregon anime and J-pop cultural fan with her trusty umbrella all ways with her just in case it rains in our cloudy state.

Please submit an Adult Kumori-girl and a Chibi version of Kumori-girl via email in JPEG format to Kumori-girl@yahoo.com

She can be a furry, cat girl and she can have friends but what we are looking for right now is our main mascot in adult and chibi versions.  

If you want to win keep in mind of what we need and what we are looking for in order to win.  

We will be having the same contest at Kumoricon its self for next years Kumori-girl too.
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
kumori girl
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 06:59:42 pm »
she definately needs her unbrella.... as far as cute girl next door... and elf, cat girl, ninja, alien, chibi, and assasin could all fall under cute girl next door ;P just remember to keep it clean. I did not mention it but we are only allowed to have one mascot by our charter but the top 25 entrys will be thumbnail sized and placed in our gallery in the con book.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 11:50:04 pm »
I was thinking it might be fun to talk to the programing director about having a gallery of all the entries on the web page and at the con.  

Can you get me a jpeg of the last 3 years of Kumori-girl so that I can work on putting up a gallery of the past kumoricons on the web site.

Thanks

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 09:30:42 am »
@ Spindrift

But nothing you say can stop me from plotting out the movie ware Kumoriko the mild mannered average anime fan with her trusty magical umbrella turns into K-Girl leader of the K-Team to stop her evil uncle King KumorimoriKahn.

Super Umbrella Attack  Hi Ya
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 12:39:51 pm »
~Vondan~

You rock!  K-ninja star and everything!  Go for it, I think that would totally be cool!  I bet A-ko, B-ko, and C-ko would show up to help Kumori-ko too.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 12:49:43 pm »
Quote from: "spindrift"
~Vondan~

You rock!  K-ninja star and everything!  Go for it, I think that would totally be cool!  I bet A-ko, B-ko, and C-ko would show up to help Kumori-ko too.

Oh Flattery will get you no ware, but it could get your single aunt every ware

Of course her friends are going to join her, I can’t write a movie script that does not have a chick action team in it. Even the Spindrift & Leashy treatment has one, as they and the other members of the cosplay group (Assuming not able to get rights to sailor moon I’m creating a fake anime mythos around a group of pretty sailor fighters theamed on the elements earth, air, fire and water) get into a battle with the Mean Anime girls MAGS.   My ideas so predate Josh Weaden and Sam Raimi with there Xena's and Buffy's.  And after peaple from ILM were looking at my Jedi Chicks web page (100% True) printouts from my site showed up at a ILM secuirty meetng (100% True)  and they added a blue twilek Jedi Chick to the comics and AOTC based on one of my JEDI CHICKS (95% True)

if I rock so much how come my PM to you about the con book get stuck in my outbox and dont seem to go any ware or get sent
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 03:36:20 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"

if I rock so much how come my PM to you about the con book get stuck in my outbox and dont seem to go any ware or get sent

*hangs head*

I suck on checking that side of the forums.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 10:30:54 pm »
what about the con book? I made mock one but in my humble opinion it sucks...
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 10:40:43 pm »
Quote from: "Darkerlight"
what about the con book? I made mock one but in my humble opinion it sucks...

I was asking about the Add prices and deadlines,  she had mentiend the con book in another thread and I pm.  I forgot to ask at the march meeting
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 11:00:53 pm »
well I cant draw but i have a few friends who are great artist so I will try to give u guys a design  hmm kgirl with goggles yes!
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 11:58:15 pm »
Lol... That would rock.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 04:18:14 am »
Quote from: "spindrift"
I was thinking it might be fun to talk to the programing director about having a gallery of all the entries on the web page and at the con.  

Can you get me a jpeg of the last 3 years of Kumori-girl so that I can work on putting up a gallery of the past kumoricons on the web site.

Thanks

Yeah can someone post or give a link to some pictures of her. I need a refrenece before I can draw her!!!!! >< And I really wanna enter!!!!!
Does her umbrella need to be a certain color?? XD
And does the image need to be colored in adobe or can it be hand colored and scanned??
And also, do we have to submit a chibi and an adult version to win or can we just enter one???

Let me know ASAP PLEASE!!!  :D  So I can get to work and have it done before deadline!! Arigato!!!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 05:30:48 pm »
MWAAAHAHA!  I LIVE for contests!  Glad I saw this before the time was up!  *goes to snag pencils*
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 06:50:57 pm »
I have my regular-sized Kumoriko 80% done.  I still need to do shading and see if I can smooth out some of the coloring (not used to using color).  As for my chibi-sized Kumoriko, I have the design and pose ready but have not worked on a final draft yet.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 10:42:10 pm »
We can only enter once right?

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 11:08:34 pm »
NO!! Enter as many mascots as you want to so long as they are not duplicates! the more to choose from the better!
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 09:00:23 am »
NO!! Enter as many mascots as you want to so long as they are not duplicates! the more to choose from the better!

In that case, I may try to enter one more if I have the time.  ^_^

Regular, 95% done, need to use the computer to edit out a few small mistakes made while coloring.
Chibi, 80% done, need to do some shading, even out some of the coloring.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 11:25:34 pm »
Did you want us to leave the background of the chibi picture white? That way you can put it infront of whatever you want or whatever you wanna use it for, or should we color it and make a nice background like the adult version??

Adult: 20% done
Chibi: 80% done.

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/allyson_l
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 02:39:55 pm »
Will a submission be considered if it doesn't have a chibi-pic to accompany it?
I refuse to believe people refuse to believe the truth.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 06:37:37 pm »
Quote from: "Xaam"
Will a submission be considered if it doesn't have a chibi-pic to accompany it?

Yes, we will still put it up for vote if you don't have a chibi with it but keep in mind that you will need to create a chibi if it wins.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 10:30:52 pm »
Alright, one last question. Will it need to be colored? I'm taking the longest time to color this thing and I'm not even halfway and I'm starting to wonder if it's alright to just send in the black and white version. Any guidelines regarding this?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 12:41:08 am »
Alright, one last question. Will it need to be colored? I'm taking the longest time to color this thing and I'm not even halfway and I'm starting to wonder if it's alright to just send in the black and white version. Any guidelines regarding this?

Here's what Darkerlight said when I asked that question in another thread in the Fun and Games section:
color is prefered but black and white is ok too

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2006, 01:23:41 pm »
W00t

Signed, sealed, and delivered.  ^_^

Now to see if I can make another one before the deadline.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 04:39:29 am »
FREAKING A MAN!!!
I had the chibi and the adult all 100% done in adobe with background and EVERYTHING that I slaved over!!!Then... My computer DIES!! It's totaled. We have to get a new one, there is now way to bring it back, so I lost everything. My sister has a laptop with adobe (which is what im on now) but its hard to wokr adobe on this. Ill try and re-color it.... T.T

But If worse comes to worse can I send it without color or partly colored and explain what happend and give a description of what It will look like when it's been finished???? *cries in back*

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 12:09:11 pm »
That same thing happened to me, on a somewhat more specific scale. I was experimenting with a certain way to color the lineart on my picture and in the middle of it I decide that I hate it and I'm just going to delete all of that particular coloring and convert it back to black and white. Only just as I'm about to reset the colors, adobe closes on me. It pops up with this little window asking me to save, and of course I have to because I'm a dork and I haven't saved in three hours so all of my coloring on the hair would be lost as well. I decide to tough it out and save it and just do repair work....

It would have been easier to redo the effing hair. I've spent all of last night trying to make the lineart not look like crap. It's too the point where I'm wondering if I shouldn't just send in the black and white picture with a little text in the corner reading "Imagine it with pretty pretty colors".

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 04:37:38 pm »
That same thing happened to me, on a somewhat more specific scale. I was experimenting with a certain way to color the lineart on my picture and in the middle of it I decide that I hate it and I'm just going to delete all of that particular coloring and convert it back to black and white. Only just as I'm about to reset the colors, adobe closes on me. It pops up with this little window asking me to save, and of course I have to because I'm a dork and I haven't saved in three hours so all of my coloring on the hair would be lost as well. I decide to tough it out and save it and just do repair work....

It would have been easier to redo the effing hair. I've spent all of last night trying to make the lineart not look like crap. It's too the point where I'm wondering if I shouldn't just send in the black and white picture with a little text in the corner reading "Imagine it with pretty pretty colors".

LOL!!! I wish we had more time huh???

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 10:06:17 pm »
Quote from: "kimiski"
LOL!!! I wish we had more time huh???

2007 contest will be going up about one month after this one but it will not end untill closing ceramonies at the con :) So let the creativity flow!
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 10:09:55 pm »
Also the voting site is live now!

http://www.nyetworking.com/kumoriconvote

I recommend copying and pasting into your browser bar as nyetworking is not a full site. Anyone can vote and may change they're own votes up untill April 15 midnight.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 10:54:46 pm »
I notice each adult and each chibi version are separate in the voting. Will there be one final mascot or will the adult and chibi from a single artist win together and both be used?

If they will win as a pair, then it seems to me that the adult and chibi should be paired up and voted on as a unit. Otherwise, the vote for a single pair will actually be split among the two, distorting the results: a pair where the adult and chibi are both very popular actually is at a disadvantage to a pair where one of them is more popular than the other. (However, if anything, a pair where both are popular is probably more desirable so the voting system shouldn't penalize this).
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 11:06:16 pm »
Do the ones that do not get the lead part of Kumoriko get to play the suporting roles of Ako, Bko, Cko, Dko, Eko, Fko, Gko, Hko, Iko, Jko in the K Team movie.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 12:10:47 am »
Quote from: "JeffT"
I notice each adult and each chibi version are separate in the voting. Will there be one final mascot or will the adult and chibi from a single artist win together and both be used?

If they will win as a pair, then it seems to me that the adult and chibi should be paired up and voted on as a unit. Otherwise, the vote for a single pair will actually be split among the two, distorting the results: a pair where the adult and chibi are both very popular actually is at a disadvantage to a pair where one of them is more popular than the other. (However, if anything, a pair where both are popular is probably more desirable so the voting system shouldn't penalize this).

We are trying to fix that currently, some submitted as two different jpgs and others as one, the program does not know to pair them so it'll fixed tomarrow since I'll be opening it up to render them and the non jpgs that were submitted. We are only supposed to have one mascot so it will be rendered for the same file holding both version. any voting for chibi or adult will go to the same mascot in the meantime. Sorry for the confussion.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 12:16:46 am »
Do the ones that do not get the lead part of Kumoriko get to play the suporting roles of Ako, Bko, Cko, Dko, Eko, Fko, Gko, Hko, Iko, Jko in the K Team movie.

Not sure about that but all entries will have their place in the mascot entry gallery in our program and may make guest appearances elsewhere.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 12:20:46 am »

Not sure about that but all entries will have their place in the mascot entry gallery in our program and may make guest appearances elsewhere.

Ohh how about a Magical Girl RPG setting with the K Squad.  I want to have the +5 Vorpal Umbrella
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 08:27:42 pm »
damn it, I'm so stuuuuuuuupid T_T  I thought today was the last day to ENTER so I waited until I went to school today to scan mine and touch it up with the nice scanner . . . I hate my life . . .

Here, you guys can SEE her anyway.  Didn't make her for myself XD

http://www.deviantart.com/view/31768686/

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 09:46:40 pm »
it says all entries need to be recieved by April 14th....

People who submitted today are still going to be up there too right? since it;s the 13th?

edit: NOW they're there! yay! *dances*

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 09:49:14 pm »
whoa MistressLegato your is really good

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 12:22:52 am »
I cried, literal tears, when I figured out April 14th was the cutoff, not the deadline. I have worked over twelve hours on my peice and now it will not be entered in the contest. I wish this would have been made a little clearer beforehand!

I didn't realize that April 14th was the voting day...not the deadline. I feel so discouraged...all that work!

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 12:28:39 am »
I cried, literal tears, when I figured out April 14th was the cutoff, not the deadline. I have worked over twelve hours on my peice and now it will not be entered in the contest. I wish this would have been made a little clearer beforehand!

I didn't realize that April 14th was the voting day...not the deadline. I feel so discouraged...all that work!

oh??? we are sorry really I am sure yours is great but send in your kumori girl anyway you might get in the gallery.

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006, 01:23:49 am »
I sent it, per your advice. I hope that no special exceptions will be made for me but I still really hope that somehow I can squeeze it in. Late by one hour! To all Kumoricon staff related to this contest.....does the fault lie in me for misinterpreting the deadline or perhaps could this have been made clearer? I was still impressed by the entrants that were already in the contest. I look forward to seeing who the winner is, no matter what outcome.

To everyone who entered, well done and good luck! It was really hard for me to cast a vote (especially because mine wasn't in the gallery  :wink: ).

I know this sounds cliche, but I think they were all fantastic. They all show different facets of the rainy northwest, I was just happy to look at them all up close and with every one I kept thinking "Oh! I wish I would have thought of this or that!". Heh...that's always the way it is in the end.

Congradulations all contestants! I hope everyone had as much fun making them as I did.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 02:01:32 am »
I think voting opened early. The idea is that you can change your vote up until the deadline, if new ones are added to the page.

If I am interpreting the rules correctly, the contest is still open for entries (spindrift, can you confirm?), and that you can still send entries for about 22 more hours. Then, there will be a 24-hour period where voting remains open but no more entries will be added. (is this correct?)

So any people who have been planning to enter should still send in their entries if they want.

I think the source of the confusion was that voting opened early, so some assumed that the contest had closed to entries, and it in fact is still open.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2006, 10:49:39 am »
Thanks very much Wolfwood.

Hey guys, I sent mine yesterday mornin' and she's still not even on the voting page.  Did she not get received or something?

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2006, 10:59:15 am »
The contest entry I slaved over.....:(

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/31816259/

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2006, 11:04:06 am »
AW!  It's so cute!!!

I guess we will turn things in earlier for the brochure contest, ne?

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2006, 11:05:32 am »
Where can I find information about the brochure contest? I want to make sure I have my deadlines correct this time. @_@

(ps.....thank you! ^_^)

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2006, 01:09:59 pm »
Yes, you can still turn them in and it will go up on the website tonight, I will be putting up the update probably around 5.

PLEASE please please I BEG of you: send it in jpg format! Converting these sucks and the site cannot handle the other formats without going batey.
Click me! Help me hatch!