Author Topic: Naruto costume pattern questions.  (Read 5374 times)

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
Naruto costume pattern questions.
« on: July 24, 2006, 07:13:40 pm »
My friend and I are going as Sexy no Jutsu version of Kakashi and Iruka, but we are not sure how to proceed on the making vests.

Does anyone know of any good patterns we could follow?

Online and whatnot?

Any kind of help, suggestions, or even stories would be loved!
Hmmm what to do next year?

Who saw the SnJ Kakashi?!

Offline IvoryxIllusions

• Cabbit
    • Icon by: Yureteru~.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 10:35:44 pm »
How big of a vest do you want to do?  Like the full-length ones or shorter versions? ;X
-

No -sleep- to what?!

Brooklyn. ;D

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:18:19 am »
Hmm, I think shorter.

Just because it would suit the "uniform" we're making for them. :P

Offline ObiJay

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:25:10 am »
You should be able to find a generic puffy style vest pattern at your local fabric store. Then just shorten up the bottom and don't actually stuff it and voila, perfect base for the chuunin vest.

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 10:06:35 am »
Okay!

Thank you!

((If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to making... anything. >.<))

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 12:13:57 pm »
Yay! Our vests are a go! We got the pattern and we found the perfect fabric! We also came up with a costume for the last day so {m} and I are quite pleased. :D
Secrety secrets!

Offline ~X~Hyuuga Neji~X~

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 10:09:54 pm »
Heey do any of you have an idea on how to do an Orochimaru belt bow thing? My friend's going as him so I thought I'd help.

This is pathetic....We're cracking up over a sadistic BIRD...

Offline ObiJay

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 08:09:11 am »
I think other people have done this, but when I look at those things, the first thing that comes to mind are those pool tube floaty toys. You could cover it in cloth then bind it down in spots to add that ribbing effect.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 01:19:24 pm »
Quote from: "ObiJay"
I think other people have done this, but when I look at those things, the first thing that comes to mind are those pool tube floaty toys. You could cover it in cloth then bind it down in spots to add that ribbing effect.

That's what I suggested to my friend but unfortunately none of the places around here seem to have the noodle floaty things e_e;;

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 06:20:36 pm »
Quote from: "~X~Hyuuga Neji~X~"

That's what I suggested to my friend but unfortunately none of the places around here seem to have the noodle floaty things e_e;;

The pool noodle things?  I don't know where you live or even if you have one near you but have you tried Costco?  I think I remember seeing those last time I went there (granted this was awhile ago.)

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 06:55:45 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

The pool noodle things?  I don't know where you live or even if you have one near you but have you tried Costco?  I think I remember seeing those last time I went there (granted this was awhile ago.)

Er, we both live in a small town. The closest Costco is...Maybe 2 hours away? And I asked them about the noodles and I guess she doesnt want to use them oO;

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 02:37:54 pm »
Oh this is basically what a friend of mine is doing... make like a long purple fabric tube, stuff it and then twist some string around it to give it that twirl effect. Then if you need to I suppose you can use coat hangers or something if ur careful to make the thing stand up properly. Ask Ayaroki on how she did hers.. from what i see its coming along nicely and it isn't as bulky as using the pool toy. So to put it this way your friend will get caught on less things and knock less things over.

Offline Ayaroki

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/z0mbiie
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 07:09:22 pm »
Quote from: "babysugarbear28"
Oh this is basically what a friend of mine is doing... make like a long purple fabric tube, stuff it and then twist some string around it to give it that twirl effect. Then if you need to I suppose you can use coat hangers or something if ur careful to make the thing stand up properly. Ask Ayaroki on how she did hers.. from what i see its coming along nicely and it isn't as bulky as using the pool toy. So to put it this way your friend will get caught on less things and knock less things over.

Um, no.
I'm sorry, but don't ask me how to work about this if you have questions.

I'm having enough trouble with mine as is and with the amount of things I'm trying, there's no way I can remember exactly what I did, let along explain it to someone online.

Sorry.   D:

Kumoricon 2008 Cosplay Schedule -

Konan -- Naruto -- 100%

☆⌒(*^∇゜)v

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 09:33:46 pm »
Quote from: "Ayaroki"

Um, no.

I'm having enough trouble with mine as is and with the amount of things I'm trying, there's no way I can remember exactly what I did, let along explain it to someone online.

Sorry.   D:

...>_>;; I'm sorry, but you sounded pretty rude right there. Please dont post on this unless you're going to be at least a little helpful. e_e

Offline Ayaroki

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 11:05:01 pm »

Um, no.

Sorry.   D:

...>_>;; I'm sorry, but you sounded pretty rude right there. Please dont post on this unless you're going to be at least a little helpful. e_e

I'm sorry.   :s
I honestly didn't mean to come off that mean.   ;3;
I was just a bit annoyed that my exact method of costume-making was revealed there, especially not by me.  (Rachael, that wasn't nice to do without my permission!  D: )

I mean, this is my first cosplay, so I'd like to take just a little pride in everything I'm making, you know?

Anyways: Considering it's all out now, I'd definitely suggest trying to make your own plush version of the belt. Not only is it not that hard, it's rather comfortable.  <3  Or so I've found after wearing my failing version around for hours.

Konan -- Naruto -- 100%

☆⌒(*^∇゜)v

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 11:33:27 pm »

Um, no.

Sorry.   D:

I'm sorry.   :s
I honestly didn't mean to come off that mean.   ;3;
I was just a bit annoyed that my exact method of costume-making was revealed there, especially not by me.  (Rachael, that wasn't nice to do without my permission!  D: )

I mean, this is my first cosplay, so I'd like to take just a little pride in everything I'm making, you know?

Anyways: Considering it's all out now, I'd definitely suggest trying to make your own plush version of the belt. Not only is it not that hard, it's rather comfortable.  <3  Or so I've found after wearing my failing version around for hours.

Oh, I'm sorry xX But thanks for the suggestion! My friend'll probably do something different in anycase though, so I wouldnt worry about it.*patpat*

Offline Ayaroki

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 12:11:59 am »

Oh, I'm sorry xX But thanks for the suggestion! My friend'll probably do something different in anycase though, so I wouldnt worry about it.*patpat*

TwT;;  Thank you for understanding.  <3

Konan -- Naruto -- 100%

☆⌒(*^∇゜)v

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 12:30:18 am »

I was just a bit annoyed that my exact method of costume-making was revealed there, especially not by me.  (Rachael, that wasn't nice to do without my permission!  D: )[/size]

-.- Jackie dear I saw that stuffed thing like one time and actually couldn't remember how you made it entirely but that was my best guess... besides in the long run its probably less likely to break than a pool toy Besides AYA-san... thats what I did (stuffed tube with coat hanger) to make a cat tail one time.... worked pretty well if you can keep the hanger from poking out...best to bend the tip so its not all pokey....

Offline ObiJay

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 07:59:24 am »
An alternative to a coat hanger I've done for some projects is metal wire braided together. It's almost as strong, but a lot more forgiving in the bending department.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 09:26:16 pm »
An alternative to a coat hanger I've done for some projects is metal wire braided together. It's almost as strong, but a lot more forgiving in the bending department.

o.o That's a very helpful suggestion XD