Author Topic: manga lessons anyone? (sakuracon free if host panel)  (Read 2876 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
manga lessons anyone? (sakuracon free if host panel)
« on: March 04, 2006, 01:51:57 pm »
at kumoricon, 3 different folks had committed to hosting a manga workshop at sakuracon's creation station. i'm still hoping at least one of them will get in touch with me; however, to date, none has after months of my attempts.

so: anyone out there feel knowledgeable enough to host at this year's Sakuracon a workshop on manga--with a "how-to" kind of feel to it? if so, I'll reimburse what you paid to attend Sakuracon.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 05:19:26 pm »
I can help run the panel Ellen, I just can't draw to save my life.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 02:43:02 pm »
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"
I can help run the panel Ellen, I just can't draw to save my life.

Well hon if you are available at the time for which the event is scheduled, you're certainly welcome to be on as an avid reader. If, however, I don't find anyone who draws or is otherwise involved in producing personal or professional manga, I'll probably just hold it as the advertised "manga meetup" for visual artists and text artists to get together and perhaps create sample manga pages onsite....particularly as the manga contest per se doesn't end til midnight going into sunday of the con.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).