Author Topic: Tea Ceremony?  (Read 2124 times)

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Tea Ceremony?
« on: March 22, 2006, 05:58:36 pm »
Hey guys I have a question, my friend at work is doing a paper on Japanese Tea Ceremonies and I told her I'd ask you guys if there is any place locally that hosts tea ceremonies so that she could witness one?  I know they used to host them at my old college in MA but I don't know of anywhere here.  But I figure you guys are my best resource! =D

Anything you can let me know will help!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Tea Ceremony?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 07:04:12 pm »
ummm... you live in washington right? No idea.

BUT..... If she wants to take the trip...

The Japanese Garden in Portland, by the zoo and across from the Rose Garden has tea ceremoneys. I think you have to go there and make a reservation or appointment to see one of them though.. because they dont do them everyday, they only do them so may times a month or something. Maybe only once a month, im not sure. It's been a while, but I know they have them there.. ^_^;;;   Sorry i know nothing from washington.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
Re: Tea Ceremony?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 11:55:57 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
Hey guys I have a question, my friend at work is doing a paper on Japanese Tea Ceremonies and I told her I'd ask you guys if there is any place locally that hosts tea ceremonies so that she could witness one?  I know they used to host them at my old college in MA but I don't know of anywhere here.  But I figure you guys are my best resource! =D

Anything you can let me know will help!

I have a friend that has been training to do tea Ceremony for over a year now and I am planning on him do a tea ceremony for a few of my friends soon.  

email me directly for more details okay.

Heidy

H.Blalack@gmail.com
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.