Author Topic: Character Ball suggestion...  (Read 4871 times)

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
Character Ball suggestion...
« on: February 23, 2006, 08:44:20 am »
I'm not sure if this idea has been brought up before, and if it has, I apologize in advance.

I was thinking it might be fun to have a Character Ball in one of the rooms at various times during the days. What is a Character Ball? Well it would go something like this....

When a con goers enters the room, they get the name of an anime character (and the series that character was in) taped to their back so they can't see who it is. To discover who it is, they must wander the room asking yes/no questions of others in the room.

For instance:
Is my hair color black?
Do I wear a straw hat?
Am I looking for One Piece?

After the person correction guesses who they are, they can either leave the room, or help others discover who they are. The Ball can be repeated through the weekend, or it can just be ongoing. It would be a great social event.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 09:59:01 am »
That sounds like alot of fun! It could be difficult if the person hasn't seen the series though haha

Offline antibishie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.antibishie.com
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 05:17:07 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
That sounds like alot of fun! It could be difficult if the person hasn't seen the series though haha

I was thinking something along the same lines, what's well known to one person might be something that someone else refuses to ever watch.  You'd either have to limit it to just the "well known" stuff or perhaps have different levels of difficulty guaged on the average anime fan?  *shrugs*  Still, it sounds pretty entertaining.
-----
Jeremy Forbes
"You have much YAOI-esque-ness here...!"
http://www.antibishie.com

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 05:44:09 pm »
I was thinking along the lines of the well known stuff, like stuff in syndication, and really well known stuff that's been around for a long time. That way isf someone hasn't seen something like Cowboy Bebop, chances are they at least know what it is.

And if not.... well they can wander the room until the end of time... MWAHAhahahahahaha!

*ahem* just kidding. They can give up.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:24:32 pm »
Quote from: "Sinaj"
And if not.... well they can wander the room until the end of time... MWAHAhahahahahaha!

... Am I Chrono from Chrono Trigger?
(sorry, saw the end of time part and my mind jumped to that.)

This idea also came to mind after reading this; What if when a con goer enters the room, someone asks them what kind of anime they wish to be from such as Romance, Comedy, Horror, etc?  That way they can at least pick their perference and have a better chance of getting a character they know.
And of course they could also pick "anything" for the challenge.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 10:08:24 am »
this sounds like fun , and a good way to get people to talk to one another so maybe somthing like this in a room on the first day
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
Themed Character Ball?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 09:39:28 pm »
That sounds like an excellent game... I was thinking if it was themed than it would be much easier to get together people that have half a chance of guessing.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 09:22:03 am »
I think picking pretty well known characters as much as possible would help with the guessing. Main charcters from series that have gotten a lot of TV coverage for instance (One Piece, Naruto, DBZ, FMA, Inuyasha, Kenshin, etc...) and series that have been around and popular for a long time.. (Tenchi, Oh My Goddess, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, etc...) Plus characters could be recycled throughout the con too.

I would be willing to type up a description (a paragraph or two) for each character to hand out to those who couldn't guess their character, to sort of introduce them to it. Perhaps that would turn them on to some new anime as well.

All in all, I think it could be made as easy and fun as possible.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 11:31:58 am »
Another Idea is since you were planning on holding it a few times during the con, try having one theme per Ball. That way people could choose,like for example if they know comedy better than horror,they could go to the Comedy Ball on Saturday Afternoon,or something along those lines. That way the other people who you would ask would also have a better chance of being able to help you.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 10:16:16 am »
Good idea thanks =)