Author Topic: Wunderland games  (Read 29848 times)

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Wunderland games
« on: February 19, 2006, 07:49:16 pm »
Hey anyone who lives near portland, have you been to any of the Wunderland arcades?  Those places are genius!! I love it!! Anyone who has not gone, I WILL TAKE YOU!  Honestly.  It is like geek and gamer heaven!  

I like going to the Avalon, the one with the discount movie theater combined.  It's like someone plucked this place out of my dreams or something.  Nickel Arcade games, 25 cent DDR, coupons for free admission, cheap movies.  Can I just say West Coast rocks?

If anyone ever goes to the Avalon or any of the other ones, let me know, we could totally meet up and hog the Dance Maniax machine >D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 11:36:23 pm »
We used to have one in my neck of the woods.  They even had a free section with some really really really really really old arcade games (but were still fun to play).
Unfortunately for some odd reason they closed down and moved out.  :cry:

Offline antibishie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.antibishie.com
For an extra bonus....
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 05:01:42 pm »
...as an extra bonus to the Avalon, there's a place down the street (Turn right when walking out of the arcade.) with awesome burritos and smoothies; I don't really know anywhere else to get my fixin of melon smoothies and kaiju toys.  *smirks*
-----
Jeremy Forbes
"You have much YAOI-esque-ness here...!"
http://www.antibishie.com

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Wunderland games
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 10:18:02 pm »
I was just at Wunderland today! I LUVVVVVV that place!!!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 08:33:39 am »
Ohh you guys a bunch of us should arrange something that would be so much fun! Antibishie you can show us the burrito place afterwards and I will bring some coupons? =D

What is the name of the burrito place anyway do you know?

Offline snakeling

• Sailor Scout
    • http://cmdproduction.com
Re: For an extra bonus....
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 11:26:17 am »
Quote from: "antibishie"
...as an extra bonus to the Avalon, there's a place down the street (Turn right when walking out of the arcade.) with awesome burritos and smoothies; I don't really know anywhere else to get my fixin of melon smoothies and kaiju toys.  *smirks*

Indeed Laughing Planet is amazing.  If you have the means try the Classic Bubba Burrito -Sub Tofu Deluxe.  The most amazing burrito in all of existance.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 07:16:27 pm »
I mainly go the wunderland near the beaverton mall(cedar hill crossing).  its a very short walk from beaverton central transit station.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 09:03:40 am »
yes wunder land kewl it be fun to go and hijack the ddr machien play some guitar maina and such, playin ddr at home is nice but it just can't beat the arcade version ya know?
i dont know work or school sceduals for every one but the farther in advance we plan somthing the more likely it will occur
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Wunderland games
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 09:54:10 pm »
Whats the names of that game they have there... its like a  DDR rip off but instead you use drums?

Offline kalira

• Chibi
Wunderland games
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 10:22:26 pm »
I would be down for a wunderland run.  Just let me know when and where.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 10:40:07 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
Whats the names of that game they have there... its like a  DDR rip off but instead you use drums?

Haha you mean Drumania? Yeah um  it's not exactly a rip off considering Konami makes both games.

Pump it Up, the "korean DDR" might be more of a rip off, I am pretty sure Konami sued them.. I really do like playing pump it up though, having the diagnol arrows and middle button is fun.  They have it for X-Box now, so I want to get it!

Alright who is free  to go to the Avalon next Saturday March 4th? We can all go and I can bring a bunch of the buy an admission and get 30 nickels coupons for everyone (that makes it only a dollar to get in).  If you want to go, write me an e-mail at Leashy513@gmail.com and I will organize it!

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 03:25:12 pm »
*grins* wow a chick into DMX? now this I gotta see! I love playin on all 8 sensors on hard :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 10:24:30 am »
girls love games just as much as guys do...

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 03:09:49 pm »
Oh I meant no offense.  I just havent seen many ladies on the DMX machine.  they are masters of DDR tho LOL (im a DDR flunk out supreme) LOL

Offline Mushoku145

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/mushoku
Wunderland games
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 09:55:47 pm »
I remember DDR.....was good, then my pad broke and I quit.
Bamboo + Cellphone...I see possibilities....

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 07:57:36 pm »
People that can do things on DMX that I can't?!?! Scarey. I can't do 8 sensors, but I did get a 1400-ish combo while playing songs on only wild ^_^ It said Fever and I was happy.

I'm still struggling with some songs... I can't remember their names... But I make up for it when I play like... Non-Stop Mix 1 and 2 at 2.5 speed on wild and hit the Paranoia parts easily... Every once in awhile. Also, who else likes using their knees? I do!

And I LOVE Wunderland. They just opened up one here in Milwaukie a couple months ago and I've gone about 6 to 10 times now. I usually just play Dance Maniax for a good 2 or 3 hours, but I love it. The prices are very reasonable there, so even on my razor thin budget I am able to go there alot and enjoy myself (urge to go, rising.)

I'll try to join up with y'all at the Avalon, I've never been to that one (Gateway and Milwaukie only) but I know a number of people who do go. I need to get a ride there though.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 09:24:09 am »
this will be fun, i recently loss acess to a ps2 so i have it for a regular playstation its not so good and it wont let me do speed 2x totemo urasai!!!so yeah by the end of the week i will need a ddr fix very badly

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 03:25:05 pm »
Alright so I am planning for us all to go at 3pm this saturday, is that going to be a good time for all of you? I will send out PMs and e-mails and stuff to everyone who already said they wanted to go

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 09:14:59 am »
wish I could go but I work tuesday-saturday 8am-5pm. sorry :-(

Offline NightBlade

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nightbladesden.spaces.live.com/
Wunderland games
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 08:38:34 pm »
*chuckles* you're not the only DDR flunky kylite. I suck royal. And you said fems are masters of it:P
I need a life. Mind if I take yours?

~NightBlade SoulFire

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 03:29:30 pm »
IT IS OFFICIAL!

Ok guys we are officially meeting at 2:30 SATURDAY March 4th in front of the AVALON wonderland.  I will wait outside for a good 10-15 minutes  or so to wait for people.  I'm sure I will be the only tall brunette outside wearing a Gate Keepers t-shirt so I won't be hard to find.  I look forward to meeting all of you, there should be about 5 or 6 of us, more if more show up unexpectedly. I will bring a bunch of admission COUPONS, so you have to find me if you want a discount to get in ^~. Ok and let's have fun ^^

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Wunderland games
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 07:44:19 pm »
ACK! Sorry for running out on you after you PM'd me... ^__^ Technial difficulties... I was on Aim Express and it shut itself down. ANyway.... I would love to go but im not sure if i could make it T.T I'll see what I can do!!

Offline NightBlade

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nightbladesden.spaces.live.com/
Wunderland games
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 07:52:19 pm »
Well I'll be there if I can get a ride. You've seen my pic I think (sorry if your computer screen is cracked for it *lol*)
I need a life. Mind if I take yours?

~NightBlade SoulFire

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 11:46:25 am »
oaky i will be there, probably wherein a screen shirt either of gir or an anime, brown hair tied up for ddr and my kuro neko hoodie that i love

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Wunderland games
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 12:00:40 pm »
And I will be at the Wunderland here in Eugene on 5th street, i'll be waiting in the greek restraunt up stairs having a goat meat Gyro
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 12:40:00 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
And I will be at the Wunderland here in Eugene on 5th street, i'll be waiting in the greek restraunt up stairs having a goat meat Gyro
Don't be a meanie or you will get your toes stepped on >D

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2006, 01:14:30 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"

Whats so bad about going to the wunderland in my town and having a sandwich.   If t is still there last time I went was a year or so.  and the only 5 cent games were the old unpopular ones but that ment the same ones I sucked at in HS are now 5 cents a play.  I should go if only to hear  "Blue Valkyrie Has left the Arena"
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2006, 04:38:06 pm »
ah but at a mesely 5 cents a pop U can improve your skills

Every time I go I end up not being able to use my arms for a week cause I overdo it on DMX

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2006, 06:25:10 pm »
ONLY a week Kylite? Make it two months for me ^_^

...Wait a moment...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 11:09:36 pm »

Whats so bad about going to the wunderland in my town and having a sandwich.   If t is still there last time I went was a year or so.  and the only 5 cent games were the old unpopular ones but that ment the same ones I sucked at in HS are now 5 cents a play.  I should go if only to hear  "Blue Valkyrie Has left the Arena"

Um, I think that Wunderland has been closed for awhile now...

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2006, 11:21:28 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

Um, I think that Wunderland has been closed for awhile now...

I'm always the last to know, and they shrunk tilt at gateway.  Thease kids in Eugene spend to much time playing games at home.    I can always go to 5th street and get my goat meat sandwich and say "Blue Valkyeie has left the arena"  (i'm saying it now in a fair impersination of the narators voice)
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2006, 06:29:11 pm »
I just got back from there, so don't yell at me for not being there. I was the crazy dude hogging the Dance Maniax machine do the crazy songs. My girlfriend was with me, the one in the white tennis skirt and the red and white striped sailor top?

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
Wunderland games
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2006, 09:29:14 pm »
I usually go to the Wunderland in Salem.  Sadly all they have is DDR Extreme which kinda sucks because Some of the songs are getting boring.  I'd much prefer Pump It Up or In the Groove.

And to the person who was talking about the Konami/Andamiro lawsuit I'm pretty sure Konami lost it but I can't remember if they won the one against Roxor
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
For all those that can't make Sakura....
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2006, 12:21:57 am »

Who's up for an unoffical game day? Say March 26? Total invasion of Wunderland\Avalon theater?

Come on... You know you want to....

Please...

I'll bring pocky...
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Re: For all those that can't make Sakura....
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2006, 04:08:59 pm »
Quote from: "Eternal Yamcha"
I just got back from there, so don't yell at me for not being there. I was the crazy dude hogging the Dance Maniax machine do the crazy songs. My girlfriend was with me, the one in the white tennis skirt and the red and white striped sailor top?
I saw you guys!  You could have at least said hi...

Quote from: "Darkerlight"

Who's up for an unoffical game day? Say March 26? Total invasion of Wunderland\Avalon theater?

Come on... You know you want to....

Please...

I'll bring pocky...
This is what I tried to do this weekend, like two people showed up, it was still fun though! I felt like maybe more people were there but no one said hi ;-;

Bye the way Jasmine thank you for coming! It was nice meeting you!

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2006, 10:17:44 pm »
We said hi a couple times, but you were busy trying to hit beats on Dance Maniax with your head. I should have said hi afterwards but meh, it's just who I am. Not trying to be rude, just really shy.

And after seeing you do that on Dance ManiaX I'll admit this, you guys are almost as good as I am. Sure I can use my knees but crimony, your head? Couldn't do that.

But this is a first, I am really sore from yesterday. I just wish I didn't bite the dust so many times when I was playing. Though I got a few solid 400 combos. Made me happy.

And I am all for it on the 26th.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2006, 07:01:03 am »
Quote from: "Eternal Yamcha"
We said hi a couple times, but you were busy trying to hit beats on Dance Maniax with your head. I should have said hi afterwards but meh, it's just who I am. Not trying to be rude, just really shy.

And after seeing you do that on Dance ManiaX I'll admit this, you guys are almost as good as I am. Sure I can use my knees but crimony, your head? Couldn't do that.

But this is a first, I am really sore from yesterday. I just wish I didn't bite the dust so many times when I was playing. Though I got a few solid 400 combos. Made me happy.

And I am all for it on the 26th.

Hmm.. I don't think you were talking about me actually ^^ I only played DMX once because afterwards the machine was taken over so them I played DDR mostly

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2006, 09:34:15 am »
well thats the thing with no one reconizing each other i iz jasmine btw..
it was fun tho i ish getting good was worried cuz i haven't played the arcade for a while..

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
Wunderland games
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2006, 12:48:05 pm »
See, bigger community in portland makes me wish I lived there ~laughs~ I really hope they get DDR SuperNOVA when it is released though.  I also wish they had a Beatmania machine here.
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Wunderland games
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2006, 09:10:43 pm »
I've only been to Wunderland in Salem because it's only like a ten minute drove from my house... i just turned old enough to get my license so i can drive on my own to meet up with you people... but i dont have enough driving practice... ( :oops: im the baby) ^_^

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2006, 10:30:33 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
I've only been to Wunderland in Salem because it's only like a ten minute drove from my house... i just turned old enough to get my license so i can drive on my own to meet up with you people... but i dont have enough driving practice... ( :oops: im the baby) ^_^

Don't worry about it, I didn't really care to drive until I was older. I waited until I was 18 to get my license

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
Wunderland games
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2006, 11:35:35 am »
I'm pretty sure theres more to do in southern washington and portland than the wonderful lack-luster salem.  I mean seriously..all the places to eat close at 9!  Who eats dinner before then?

GGPO

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2006, 11:25:04 pm »
I know this is a bit of an old thread but I've got some sad news for me... I mean, really sad.

The Wunderland in Downtown Milwaukie dropped Dance Maniax AND Panic Park ;_; I went there, paid admission and saw some racing game (like they needed MORE racing games >.<) in it's place. It ruined my night easily... This may seem little, but because they don't have it anymore, I'm not going back. It was the sole reason I went down there. I'm going to CALL the Avalon tomorrow and make sure that they still have Dance Maniax, if they do, I'll be going there tomorrow. So who all wants to go? ^_^

As for my night at Wunderland, I managed to redeem the night a little by beating House of the Dead 1... Never done it before. Even with unlimited quarters I was unable to beat it.

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2006, 06:09:19 pm »
Those places ARE AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2006, 09:33:10 pm »
I went to the Avalon Wunderland today to play Dance Maniax. I called ahead to make sure they still had the game and they did. I paid for admission and immediately went down to where Dance Maniax was... It was out of order. I'm like, really pissed off right now. I shouldn't be too surprised because like, tons of games at Milwaukie and Avalon were out of order.

I'm going to have to go to the Gateway Wunderland... I'm going to have to call them and ask them to check to see if the machine is working. I REALLY want to play the game... And I'm tired of paying admission and then finding out I pretty much wasted my money.

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
Wunderland games
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2006, 11:44:50 am »
There used to be one by 5th st market when i lived in Ugenis still, but last few times i've been down there I haven't noticed it. I think they up and moved out. Anyone know where to? or did they just close down. I'd love to go again next time i'm up there.
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2006, 06:53:38 pm »
Quote from: "riverspree"
There used to be one by 5th st market when i lived in Ugenis still, but last few times i've been down there I haven't noticed it. I think they up and moved out. Anyone know where to? or did they just close down. I'd love to go again next time i'm up there.

They closed down a looooooooooooooooooong time ago.  Sadly they didn't relocate.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2006, 06:59:00 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Quote from: "riverspree"

They closed down a looooooooooooooooooong time ago.  Sadly they didn't relocate.

And I was the last to know, here I was talking about going to have a goat meat sandwich at the greek deli then play gauntlet at wonderland.

"Blue Valkyrie has left the Arena"
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Phylicia

• Cabbit
Wunderland games
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2006, 02:10:48 am »
Whooo. Wunderland. Yeah, good times. They're the only places to go in pretty much all of Oregon that has more than one Bemani (Konami's music sim series) game.

I strictly played DDR at those places for a few years and honed my Perfect Attack skills... probably the only remaining female among competitive "tournament-level" perfect attackers in Portland, when it was a bigger scene for it, anyway :< (and not to sound like I have a big ego...). I'm sad Milwaukie got rid of their DMX :( When I go to Wunderland, I mostly improv freestyle to DMX, both on single and double (it's so fun *_* DMX gets unchallenging fast otherwise, imo), and play a lot of double on DDR (since the sensors in the pads are too ****** to try and get good scores on - pretty frustrating when you get pad greats, goods, boos, etc)... and wish I had the guts to FS on DDR. Yeah.

The Wunderland chains will probably upgrade to SuperNova (or someone in Portland will, most def, as there are mostly just lots of DDR machines out here instead of the other dancing/music games - le sigh, too bad there's no one who would lease arcade games to Kumoricon? :().

Lloyd Center Tilt has In The Groove 2, but it's broken... :( It should be running again, eventually.

Yeah, Laughing Planet is super good. They have healthy and organic options there, too ^__^

I'm down for going sometime - would be fun to show some DMX freestyle for those who'd appreciate it.

----------------------------

Modified due to foul language
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:45:03 pm by kylite »

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2006, 03:38:33 am »
Okay, I'm gunna go to one of them sometime this week. Maybe today... I'll give the Gateway Wunderland and the Avalon calls to see if they have their machines there AND running. Who all wants to go on an impromptu trip? Whether I go or not, I'll try to go to one of those two locations this coming Saturday, anyone want to hit it up with me?

Edit: And just to be a jerk, I'll take any y'all on in DMX. Not that I actually care whether or not I "win" in a competition... But just so I can get people to play with me.

Offline Phylicia

• Cabbit
Wunderland games
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 03:32:58 pm »
Edit: And just to be a jerk, I'll take any y'all on in DMX. Not that I actually care whether or not I "win" in a competition... But just so I can get people to play with me.

But DMX is just so... easy and boring 8) XD

Hm, mayybeeee I'll accept that challenge. But I'd only go to Avalon, and I don't think I'd go tonight.

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2006, 03:40:59 pm »
It's easy until you're playing songs on the hardest setting at 2.5 times speed, then it gets fun. Also if you use your legs/knees and hands while playing, which I am still trying to integrate into my playing.

Or until you play the 8 sensor mode which is actually quite difficult.

Offline Phylicia

• Cabbit
Wunderland games
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2006, 03:59:07 pm »
Yeah, I play on at least 2x and I've been playing double/8-sensor for a while. I often try to improv freestyle on double with 2x/2.5x. (yeah, it's fun to try to use other body parts)

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2006, 11:54:14 pm »
I went to the Avalon today and played DMX. I tried double, got hosed, so anyone who can play double mode is automatically better than I am. So, in shame, I attempted to play x3 speed and ALMOST did it, I lost at the last beat ;_; I was playing the Non-Stop Mix that ends with Paranoia.

It was weird, some rounds I sucked, other rounds I did good (getting a 400 combo, not super impressive.) I am a little rusty, my arms are sore now.

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2006, 11:36:42 pm »
we should get a group together and go down to Avalon soon :-)
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2006, 06:41:30 am »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
we should get a group together and go down to Avalon soon :-)

yaaaaay! I want to go!

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/allyson_l
Wunderland games
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2006, 10:23:59 am »
How is April 22nd at 3:00 for everyone? Avalon theatre at that time? I can make it there myself, and I wouldn't mind making some connections before going to the actual con (I don't know anyone else going except for the guy that's taking me).
I refuse to believe people refuse to believe the truth.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2006, 10:37:07 am »
as long as its a sunday or monday, iv got no problem

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2006, 02:08:05 pm »
I'd do it... Except for the fact that the Sakura Fesitival is on the same day and, more than likely, is going to be going on until atleast 3pm. I'd say push the time back, closer towards evening so you don't have to compete with the fesitival. I'd say like, after 5 or 6 pm.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Wunderland games
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2006, 02:58:13 pm »
Quote from: "Xaam"
How is April 22nd at 3:00 for everyone? Avalon theatre at that time? I can make it there myself, and I wouldn't mind making some connections before going to the actual con (I don't know anyone else going except for the guy that's taking me).

The date is good for me, except I am contemplating going to the festival and I dunno if I will have any money ;-;

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2006, 04:53:30 pm »
Since the Sakura festival seems to be the same day at the same time, how about that Sunday instead, same place, same time? Does that work for everyone? It seems like that would work much better for me as well.

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2006, 07:42:58 pm »
That definately would work better for most people including myself.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Wunderland games
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2006, 11:54:06 pm »
soo, nub cakes here has a question... what is the sakura festival thingy that everyone else knows about? Why havent I heard of it after 18 years in Portland? /cry

I'm up for the avalon on any weekend. I just sit at home all day anyway.... ok so forget answering why I didnt know about sakurafest, but what is it?

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2006, 12:34:40 am »
http://www.kumoricon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2171

That there topic will help answer some of your questions about this "happenin'" and "kickin'" event.

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2006, 12:05:41 am »
This Sunday, 3:00 at the Avalon Theatre on Belmont, me and Daxe will be waiting to play the Wonderland five cent games with any of you guys who still wish to show up. If any of you are still planning on coming, I would love a head count. I will be wearing a bright red bandana, I have glasses, and I'll be wearing plaid blue shoes.

Hope to see you all there. Admission is 2.50, and all games are five cents.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Wunderland games
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2006, 12:11:26 am »
Yup Yup! I'll be there and I'll be wearing my birthday suit, Hope to see you all there!  :twisted:

Offline Phylicia

• Cabbit
Wunderland games
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2006, 06:42:59 pm »
Quote from: "Xaam"
Hope to see you all there. Admission is 2.50, and all games are five cents.

lol most games don't cost 1 nickel. they cost 1+ nickels - ddr is 5 nickels, dnacemaniax is 3.

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
Wunderland games
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2006, 08:18:06 pm »
Yeah yeah. I went and I didn't see anybody, I think it just needed to be on a different weekend than Sakurafest. T_T

Oh well, I'm planning another trip later on so it'll all be good. Thanks Daxe for showing up, it was cool hanging out with you and my peeps.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Wunderland games
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2006, 12:14:39 am »
Of course, anything with me involved instantly becomes Cool!
On another note I was kicking ass on House of the Dead 4, made it to the boss that throughs crystals at you. Gave up do to apathy, then I watch the little characters run up the map only to discover it was the last boss T.T