Author Topic: What do you want to see in gaming room this year?  (Read 31388 times)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
What do you want to see in gaming room this year?
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2006, 06:24:39 pm »
A few games:
Burnout 3
Burnout Revenge
DOA4
Halo 2 (DUH!!!!)
Mario Kart Double Dash
Naruto 4 (for GC) and 3 (for PS2)

I must remember to bring a controller with the autofire option for Naruto 3 for the PS2

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2006, 06:49:15 pm »
Quote from: "Kyuubi"
A few games:
Burnout 3
Burnout Revenge
DOA4
Halo 2 (DUH!!!!)
Mario Kart Double Dash
Naruto 4 (for GC) and 3 (for PS2)

I must remember to bring a controller with the autofire option for Naruto 3 for the PS2

It’s about time your back, 3 months ago you were supposed to get a pencil and write down every thing you need to win the Naruto 4 Tournament
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2006, 08:30:33 pm »

Too bad they changed the Specials from being a button masher to having to push the buttons in a certain order. XP
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2006, 02:06:10 am »
@Vondan Sorry. Gaia called to me...I was addicted...and Burnout 4 was addicting as well...

@Heavensclone AWWWWWWWW man...well at least now I will have a chance.

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2006, 06:29:41 am »
Gah! I can't believe I forgot this glorious game...

Tetris Attack.

It NEEDS to be there... And even a potential Time Trial tournament.

Maybe a variant like Panel De Pon (or whatever it's called) or PokeMon Puzzle League... But if possible, Tetris Attack needs to be made available.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 06:42:33 am »
Has anyone ever played on tetrinet?  Tetris on that program is so hard! It takes awhile to get used to being so fast and all, I would always make my own room and make the attacks actually good for you and people would get mad at me

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 09:35:14 am »
AWWWWWWWW man...well at least now I will have a chance.

Actually, I just was messing around with the controls.  The default is pressing them in a certain order.  But, it can be changed back to either the button masher, or rotating the analog stick.

Tetrinet?
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2006, 08:02:07 am »
Quote from: "HeavenscloneX"
Tetrinet?

Yeah http://www.tetrinet.org/ it's crazy, you download this small program and you play tetris with up to 8 people and there are these attacks you can do.  That game is addicting

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 11:08:01 pm »
Yes, I second the Tetris Attack tournament! I brought this game to Sakura-Con unplanned which caused a surprise tournament to be scheduled. I was impressed by how many Tetris Attack experts were present on such short notice, for a game I thought had slipped through the cracks and was forgotten!

If we have classic consoles then I should be able to bring Tetris Attack and some other classic games.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/allyson_l
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2006, 02:27:37 pm »
Tetris Attack is a definite must. I will bring my system and my copy of Tetris Attack and as many controllers as needed. If nothing else, we can hold a tournament on my little system. Yay for SNES!
I refuse to believe people refuse to believe the truth.

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2006, 02:59:36 pm »
I request a Time Trial tournament... Or a "Fastest to 99,999" Endless tournament. Sorry, Versus Mode is a coin toss if you're good at the game.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2006, 10:21:22 am »
Beatmania IIDX
and maybe a little table for people who have DSes, I know of at least 4 people that are going to bring ours to at least play in the room a bit before we die for the night :D

Tetrinet... interesting, is it fast as in Tetris: The Grandmaster fast?
I like the TetrisDS because it has instant drop (like T:GM), but also don't like TetrisDS because of the infinite rotate (unlike T:GM)... but T:GM is an arcade game :/

Offline XCrashCardX

• Cabbit
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2006, 03:32:46 pm »
How about some Guild Wars? THat would be fun.
Saturday Cosplay:      FFT White Mage
Sunday Cosplay:     Brandon Heat

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2006, 09:42:10 pm »
If possible, some Melty Blood Final Tuned.  Possibly not enough interest for a tourney, not too sure, but just having it around so people could play would be awesome  :D
~I've got another confession to make, I'm your fool~

Offline Superdude2k4

• Cabbit
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2006, 12:22:28 am »
Guild Wars would be cool..could we bring our own P.C's?, Halo 2, and Tetris Attack.

Offline Finnbarr

• Oni
SSB
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2006, 11:09:09 pm »
I'd really  like to see super smash brothers melee again at the tournament. I think last year it had over 65 people signed up for it. I also need to redeem myself for my miserable loss last year.

Maybe this year we could have more rounds going at the same time so there isn't such a bottleneck. I think the tournament scheduled to follow smash bros melee was pushed back or something because all the players had to filter through one console. Also, if we had more gamecubes up it might also be possible to run a 1v1 match style tournament in addition to the 1v1v1v1 matches. I realize that time constraints could make this impossible, though.

I hope they have the nice LAN of computers with starcraft and such this year as well. That was definitely fun. I don't know how many warcraft III fans are out there but what does anyone think of a DOTA tournament? For non-warcraft players - DOTA is a specific mod/map of warcraft III that is generally popular on battle.net (http://www.dota-allstars.com/).

Sorry for the length of the post; I hope some of my ideas will be considered.

Thanks
Finnbarr AKA wolf
"I love super smash bros."

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2006, 12:27:24 am »
i would like RO in one of the game rooms

Offline Hell_Kitty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2006, 06:17:58 pm »
Wolf Wood you seem like your in a RO mood lol ^^
I Don't Write Words I Draw Letters O_o
Current Cosplay Idea's
~Albel Nox(Star Ocean:TOT)(Remaking)
~Testament(Guilty Gear)(Remaking)
~Aliot(Ragnarok Online)(Planning..Probably wont make its appearance at Kumori-con)

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2006, 04:08:46 am »
Dance Maniax possibly. of course Para Para and DDR. Ro...........LOL...I feel sad....and sleepy....goodnight.

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2006, 03:27:37 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
Quote from: "pinkrandomattack"
ive mentioned this to some people (and said something ealier in the thread)
but i would like to see some "shticky" tournaments, like DDR Tekken (which is silly and possible). or a race to the finnish with some old nes game, like one of the super mario games (which in theory can be beaten very quickly), or...somthing im hungry and cant think of another exsample.

Yeah i've seen mario brothers and super mario brother 3 both beaten in under 8 minutes or so

That would be really awesome/fun to watch!

Hey just to say I don't think it can be done under 8 minutes... I would know I must've beaten it like 100 times. The lowest I was able to comeup with it like 10 1/2 minutes

Offline kalira

• Chibi
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2006, 12:10:47 pm »
Your requests have been heard and I will do what I can to accommodate.

Offline EdKun

• Cabbit
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2006, 10:58:23 am »
Pshh. Forget DDR. =P Let's get ITG 1 or 2 on the floor. =D Nothing impresses a crowd like "Bend your mind" ;)

I personally think a Tetris Attack tourney would be freaking awesome, so i third the notion.

Last, i think we should set up a SNES or an emulator running PC and get some speed run competitions for Super Metroid! =D I'd like to see ANY of you beat my time of 1:16. ;)

And of course, Guilty Gear SLASH. I'm happy that Kumoricon is hosting a GGXX tourney, but we should be doing the most up to date version, rather than the old #R. <_< I could even provide it if need be. ><

Offline Phylicia

• Cabbit
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2006, 02:01:25 pm »
Quote from: "Xi_chan"
Dance Maniax possibly. of course Para Para and DDR. Ro...........LOL...I feel sad....and sleepy....goodnight.

DMX would be awesome, but it doesn't look like we could get an arcade to supply us a machine. :( I'm definitely in support of much Bemani (Konami's brand of music sim games). I have a Beatmania IIDX controller I could contribute, and a copy of the US mix, although original Japanese mixes > US mix, by faaarr.

Quote from: "EdKun"
Pshh. Forget DDR. =P Let's get ITG 1 or 2 on the floor. =D Nothing impresses a crowd like "Bend your mind" Wink

I heart ITG, but errmm not on any home pad. -__-;;; lol. You just can't do Expert stepcharts at home :O

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2006, 06:53:22 pm »
I probably wont spend too much time in here, myself.  However, if I do, I'd like to see fighting games and sports.  I personally like baseball, football, pro-wrestling, Street Fighter, and some Capcom vs. SNK style games.  I also like Evil Zone, a fighting game for the PS1, but I don't expect that one to be a popular one at the con.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Mushoku145

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/mushoku
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2006, 08:29:18 am »
I have IIDX 8th style, 10th style and 2 controllers I'll bring them along just incase people want to play.
Bamboo + Cellphone...I see possibilities....

Offline sol.ch

• Cabbit
    • http://myspace.com/schoe1988
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2006, 06:26:46 pm »
Quote from: "Phylicia"
Quote from: "Xi_chan"

DMX would be awesome, but it doesn't look like we could get an arcade to supply us a machine. :( I'm definitely in support of much Bemani (Konami's brand of music sim games). I have a Beatmania IIDX controller I could contribute, and a copy of the US mix, although original Japanese mixes > US mix, by faaarr.

Quote from: "EdKun"
Pshh. Forget DDR. =P Let's get ITG 1 or 2 on the floor. =D Nothing impresses a crowd like "Bend your mind" Wink

I heart ITG, but errmm not on any home pad. -__-;;; lol. You just can't do Expert stepcharts at home :O

Cobalt Fluxes work just fine, hell I think it's even easier with those handcharts like bend your mind, queen of light, etc. etc....

just no bar...so that means 12s and 13s are out of the question for most people.

Offline Phylicia

• Cabbit
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2006, 09:57:23 pm »
Haha, my beef with CFs is the inability to feel where my feet are on those things. I'm just an arcade pad purist, though. :P So I heart Sakuracon's arcade setup... heheheh. So yeah don't mind my complaining :B

Offline aaero

• Cabbit
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2006, 10:03:15 pm »
I'm assuming there won't be any DDR or ITG machines in the hotel, right? The DDR competition will be held on home pads?

Also (to stay on topic), it's been mentioned before but I'd like to see Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4. I'd just want to try it out!

Offline black marth 07

• Chibi
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2006, 01:15:35 am »
ha what will i say

Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 (GC)
and
smash brother

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2006, 07:13:54 pm »
Is Resident Evil 4 aloud? My friend and I finished the game and it would be fun to play it there. I'm so addicted to that game.

Offline nonomi

• Cabbit
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2006, 12:10:27 pm »
Shadow of the Colossus!!!....Even though I will not be there. T_T
Thinking hurts and thoughts dont rhyme.
To those of us who've never tried to find a face behind our lipstick smiles, and as our pretty faces die our broken hearts will wonder why the makeup just won't hide the scars of time.