Author Topic: A topic about screenshots  (Read 3479 times)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
A topic about screenshots
« on: January 20, 2006, 06:51:54 pm »
I've got an idea that I think would be cool to do. If anyone here is able to make screenshots and has acces to a lot of anime, I was thinking of making this a topic for people to make anime screenshot requests, since there are some anime where good screenshot websites are hard to find and I'm sure that at least a decent amount of people here have their share of scenes from certain anime they like that they'd like to see certain screenshots of. What do you guys think?

PS: I've been thinking about getting a screencapture card and when I'm able to get one, I'll take requests as well. Anime that I have acces to is Pokemon, Gundam Wing, Tenchi In Tokyo, Kirby Right Back At Ya, Sonic X, Mega Man NT Warrior, Kimagure Orange Road: Summer's Beginning and Fullmetal Alchemist.

PPS: I've got a screenshot request I'd like to make myself if this topic works. I'd like to request from Endless Waltz, shots of Trowa in every position he's in fairly early in the movie where he jumps into the air doing arcobatic moves and landing in front of WuFei and also some full-body shots of Heero's dream when he's jumping down, running and rolling over.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 06:28:07 pm »
If your watching stuff in a media player on your computer I think you can hit the print screen key at the top of your keyboard then open mspaint and paste the screenshot into that and save it as a file.
  I think that's how it works a friend of mine showed me once how to do it that way.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 10:16:07 pm »
So THAT'S how it works.

Thanks a lot BigGuy.  I keep hearing about and seeing people do screen shots of what's on their computer at the time and I could never figure out how they did it.

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 07:11:38 pm »
Doing it on media player sometimes doesn't work because it just turns out as a black screen after you save it. Another way I have found is rather easy, is going to Windows Movie Maker and uploading the file. Then on the bar underneath the screen is a little camera that takes screenshots. That's how I get mine.

:) I would offer taking 'requests' for the anime I have but then I think, hell what if I could make money off that... but wait wouldn't that be illegal? So I'm just going to be stingy with my anime for now.
Sweet Times

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 08:07:44 pm »
That's cool. I should try that. The only problem is, I don't know of any places where I could access GW episodes or certain scenes from GW episodes.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 08:23:26 am »
I don't think screenshots are illegal, even of licensed anime. But I've never heard of anyone being sued because of it.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 07:52:45 pm »
Quote from: "guspasho"
I don't think screenshots are illegal, even of licensed anime. But I've never heard of anyone being sued because of it.

That's true. Although it wouldn't be a bad idea to have this topic be for screenshot requests, since some people have computers that don't work as well as others for downloads and the fact that it's hard to find websites that have episodes or certain clips of soem anime series.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 08:32:29 pm »
you can also do alt+print screen if you want a picture of just of your program.  although, some dvd software out there will take a picture of current slide and save it in a seperate location.  My windvd does this which I used to help make my tenchi cosplay.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:01:11 pm »
I just found a cool thing, if you use VLC media player, watch an episode put it in fullscreen, pause the episode  rightclick and go down the menu to snapshot and it will save a snapshot of the screen to your MyPictures folder in your computer. supereasy screenshots.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-