Author Topic: Inu Yasha Cosplay  (Read 9719 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« on: May 31, 2004, 06:18:09 pm »
I've started this thread on behalf of all my fellow fans of Inu Yasha. I might be able to get a costume but since my friend Hollie isn't on the forums I'll make this thread on her behalf.

Inu Yasha--------- Hollie
Miroku------------- Negima
Kikyo?---------- Ruriko
Sango----------- Alanna (please!? Just for one picture?)
Shippo----------- Tom?
Kagome?--------- Somebody's gotta!
Naraku------------Kei Kei

What is you character?
Remember, it's fine to have more than one of a certain character, we're not cosplaying as NAZIs after all!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 03:51:49 am »
*waves*

Kikyo/Kagome/Inu Yasha reporting.  ^_^

Kikyo is the costume that I'm farthest along on at this point tho.  But I intend to have all of them by the time the con rolls around.  ^_^

-ko

P.s.- Negima was talking about coming as Miroku.  ^_^  *points to the Cosplayers Unite! thread*

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 06:39:16 am »
Quote from: "Ruriko"
P.s.- Negima was talking about coming as Miroku.  ^_^  *points to the Cosplayers Unite! thread*

Tis true.  That is if I can finish my costume in time.  I have all of summer at least.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 03:30:48 am »
OK, i'm kind of confused as to who's going to play whom.
I'm thinking shippo, since he's cute.  :wink:

Here's a link to the Sakuracon 2004 Inu Yasha cosplayers
http://caspar.homelinux.org/conventions/grab_image.php?id=10480&type=1&conid=14&cs_start=420
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline alanna_liadon

• Cabbit
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 11:03:04 am »
I have a Sango costume (battle version!) that I might wear.  Depends on the weather, really - all black is a bit too warm for some Septembers.  I do *love* carrying the boomerang, though!
~ Alanna =^_^=

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 09:15:08 pm »
Just a little FYI and BTW, I will not be following Miroku's personality and grope someone.
Hmm, I wonder where I could find a staff similar to his....  There are always art fairs and saturday market I guess.

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 11:34:23 pm »
Battle Sango??  How COOL!!  What did you make the boomerang out of?

Yes sir-- Tom!  I'm a Kikyo/Kagome.  ^_^  

How is the roll call coming?

-ko

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2004, 06:59:01 pm »
It looks like we have all of the main (good) characters taken care of as well as Kikyo (she's kinda good/bad).

Offline alanna_liadon

• Cabbit
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2004, 07:11:02 pm »
hehehe, himitsu-desu.   :wink:

No, really, the boomerang is made of bright pink housing insulation styrofoam, covered in thick cloth.  That stuff is difficult to cut, especially into unusual shapes!  We used a Ginsu knife and kept dipping it in ice water since it got hot enough to melt the styrofoam.  Just to see if the commercials were true, we tried it out on a ripe tomato afterwards.  A perfect slice!  I was so impressed.

My largest problem is that if my hair happens to be blonde that weekend (which it normally is), it won't look right with the costume.  I used temporary dark dye last time and it took months to come out, so I need to decide what color I want my hair.  Ah, the drama of cosplay!   :?:
~ Alanna =^_^=

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 01:20:00 pm »
Tom, I will be at Kumoricon, dressed as the best character from Inu Yasha.... NARAKU!! In his baboon skin cape/pelt/thingie.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 03:05:48 pm »
Ack, curses for getting here late! I've got a battle Sango costume as well that I'll be wearing for part/possibly the whole time if I don't finish my Sheda from Chrno Crusade costume. I used it at Sakura Con and got pretty good reactions if anyone was at the Fashion show, I was in there. Some others from the anime club that I'm in from University of Portland will probably be there too, so if you guys don't want two battle Sango's then I'll stick with them.
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 09:53:22 am »
I'll also be going as Miroku. and if anyone wants i can act the part.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Thomas

• Cabbit
    • http://
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 09:43:25 pm »
I'll be going as black-haired Inu...thats different right ^^;;...oh...and Hi,I'm Tom...nice ta meetcha ppl...this'll be my first con...I heard kumoricon was a good place to start(plus my gf lives near there,im from utah)...so...yeah

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
Yay!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 05:46:41 am »
Yes!  Another Black Haired Inu!!!  *dances happily*  I'm hoping to crossplay as him this year providing I can get the coat done in time.  I have my Hakama made and a plan for the Kosode.....It's just the bloody shirt.  ^^  The only drawback is the fact that I don't get to make lil' ears if I go as him in human form.....*sigh*  Anyways, I'm excited!!  Woot for black haired Inu!!!

-ko

Offline Thomas

• Cabbit
    • http://
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 07:59:27 am »
yeah....black haired inu r0x...erg...i just wish i could find the right beads for the necklace...i really dont wanna hafta make em myself...oh well

Offline jessiek

• Cabbit
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 09:06:12 am »
Hey I plan to go as kikyo. I can whip up the costum in no time and all I need is a black wig.

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2004, 08:17:22 pm »
I've got a question for the Sango cosplayers.  What are you or what have you made her boomerang out of? Im curious.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline Lost_Elf

• Cabbit
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2004, 10:10:40 pm »
I'm working on Sango's boomerang right now (not for me though.. :( ), and the easiest way to make it, and pretty much any jumbo-sized weapon is using styrofoam as a base. Craft stores usually sell sheets of it that are in the ball field of 12" by 20". A few of those and you got the core of your boomerang. Added bonus of the foam base is that unless you load it down with some sort of media that's really heavy to smooth it off, it'll end up really light weight, and if you're going to be lugging something around for hours at a time, the lighter the better...
"Who hasn't at one time or another wanted to breed racehorses in the privacy of their own pockets?"

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 09:43:39 am »
Well, my last boomerang was just made out of foamboard that I painted and used some vinyl that looked like leather for the wrappings. It was really light weight, but the downside is that after one trip to Sakuracon, it was nearly falling apart from all the banging into peoples in crowds and the dealer room. Now I'm completely remaking it from scratch, but this time my dad and I went to a surfboard shop and got one of the foam blanks and are shaping that. We just finished shaping it, so now we're going to coat it in fiber glass so that it should withstand the beating it'll take easily. To get it the right color we're going to use the pigmented resin like they do for surfboards, so even if it gets dinged, it won't damage the color. Granted, my boomerang won't be a light as one made from styrofoam, but it'll still be relatively light, plus I wont have to remake another one every time I want to use the costume at a different con ^_^;;

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2004, 11:31:42 am »
be careful with foam and fiberglass and the resin, the foam I have resin will dissolve it, if you ask the surfboard shop they should be able to tell you if you need to be carefull or not.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 12:36:38 pm »
Yep, we talked to them. They're the ones who told us to use the fiberglass and resin that we picked. We're basically making a surfboard shaped like a boomerang 'cuz all of our materials are the same as what they use, it's just that ours is shaped different and is using a little lighter-weight fiberglass  :wink:

www.ronime.net

Offline Lost_Elf

• Cabbit
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2004, 05:00:17 pm »
Oooh, the surfboard angle! I've been really interested in trying that. 'Bout how much did you spend on all of the materials?
"Who hasn't at one time or another wanted to breed racehorses in the privacy of their own pockets?"

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2004, 08:11:17 pm »
Ummm.... All in total after getting the foam, the tools needed to shape the foam, the fiber glass, resin, and pigment... Close to $300 -_-;;; That's not including the wrappings, straps, etc since I have leftovers from the last boomerang. It umm... kinda got a little out of control price wise :roll:

Oh and the reason why resin melts the foam Big Guy was talking about but not my foam is 'cuz he was talking about styrofoam type foam, not the surfboard foam that I'm using. Resin will very nicely dissolve styrofoam into a nice pretty puddle  :P

I'm kinda looking back on the rest of the outfit now and thinking that since I'm putting so much effort into the board, maybe I should have my seamstress friend remake the actual costume portion too since my rendition of it, although not bad at all, doesn't quite do the board justice ^_~;; I'd definitely keep the armor, 'cuz I love my fiberglass armor, but the shirt and pink panels on the front and back could use some work from a REAL seamstress.

www.ronime.net

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
Whoa. ^_^
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2004, 05:56:26 am »
Sounds like it'll really be something!!

Do post pictures as you go along, will you?  I love all the little things that people put together for their costumes.  It's really quite amazing.  

Looking forward to seeing what it looks like!!

-ko

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2004, 07:32:14 am »
I was actually thinking of the in progress pictures back when we were shaping the board, but I kinda shrugged it off as being too late since we're half done with it. If you really want in progress pics then I can start taking them tho :D Right now we're starting on the first fiber glass layer (which is much more annoying than when we did my fiberglass armor, I think it's 'cuz this is a different type of resin than we're used to).

www.ronime.net

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2004, 12:45:37 pm »
Eeps....

Well, if it's difficult, then machs nix.  ^_^  Id love to see some of it tho, if you do decide it is possible for a picture or two....It blows my mind the depth that people go for authenticity.  Either way, I wouldn't mind. ^__^

-ko

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2004, 09:49:03 pm »
One of my friend is gonna dress up as Miroku :D

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2004, 10:13:45 pm »
And I'll be going as Kagome on one of the days :)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2004, 07:27:14 pm »
I really hate to say this, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go as Miroku  :( .  The reason being that I, well... haven't really started on my costume and don't really have the time to do so in between now and then.  (If you knew my schedule for the next few weeks you'd know why).  At least it sounds like others are going as Miroku.

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
Inu Yasha Cosplay
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2004, 06:15:47 am »
*pouts*

Poor Negima.  You sounded like the nicest Miroku!  Or at least, the one that would do the least groping.  ^_^

-ko