Author Topic: I need to watch more anime  (Read 4282 times)

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
I need to watch more anime
« on: December 15, 2005, 08:58:58 am »
Who lives in or near SE Portland/Clackamas and wants to organize a maybe weekly anime viewing night? Special perks would include getting to hang out with the chair and the personnel manager.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 02:29:04 pm »
i'd be up for somthing i can be in the area as long as its bus/max acesssible,
i dont get to see a lot since i moved out no cable, particaly no tv cept for i i catch at friends houses
my wok scedual varys each week so i dont know how often and weekends i usauly work but yeah ant to see anime!! hang out have fun
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 11:51:44 pm »
I live over here in the area now. Directly one block north of the mall ^-^

I need to see more types of anime too so I'd be up for it.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline The_Dragon_Alchemist

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 01:54:43 pm »
im in sound like fun watch anime and hang out with con goers hell yea when were you thinging about starting this
I Am Col. Rokin Drakonies The Dragon Alchemsit of The Darkseage Alchemist of the State Military now get out of the way ive got people to help, things to blow up, a state to piss off! Were the hell are the rest of my Alchemist

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 08:12:46 am »
Me? I thought someone else would do it for me! Our apartment is a little small, and so is our TV, so I don't know how good of a venue it might be. But we can certainly give it a try.

No, that's okay. At least January. The holidays are too busy. And the first couple weeks of January might be a little too busy too, but I'll see how things simmer down and let you guys know. Anyone else interested?
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 01:51:06 pm »
Would anyone be willing to carpool? I have always wanted to hang out with other anime fans and watch anime (I usually watch by myself in my dark room...I assume that isn't too unfamiliar to some) but I live out in Woodburn (About 1/2 hour from Portland). I wouldn't mind helping with gas money, and I wouldn't mind bringing any of my boxsets upon request.
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 09:36:23 am »
are you guys still doing this.........i just might wanna torture you guys with my presence  :twisted: (i just wanna road-trip somewhere...then again....y'all are only 3 hours away T_T that ain't much of a road-trip distance......)
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 08:24:49 pm »
I'd say we could do it at my apartment...but my apartment is way small (it's only a studio).
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Kasuni

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/kasuni_emily
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 08:48:23 pm »
*raises hand* i might be interested ^^;;;;
if that's ok =)
Everybody needs a hug ^^ Tell me if you haven't had your needs met!!!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 03:18:19 pm »
If you guys wanna watch anime online and dont wanna download try going to www.youtube.com and searching for an anime you wanna see there. Like, because of youtube Im currently watching Bleach, an AWESOME anime. Im 23 epsidoes in.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 06:07:12 pm »
:? Um...is it too early to ask, but Is There Any New Information On This, Gunpasho?
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 10:19:45 am »
No, not really. We've been pretty busy with non-con-related stuff over the holidays. With the meeting coming up, and some catching up to do, as well as this DB corruption problem, we might be pretty busy for a few weeks more before we can think about watching any anime. Plus we have to clean house if we want to host it. ;)

We have a comfy sectional couch that can fit 5 or 6 but our TV is small, a 19 inch, and only has a PS2 attached to it so we can only watch straight DVDs, nothing downloaded unless it's converted to a readable format for the PS2. No cable, no VCR, no computer hooked in. So that's all we have if we were to host.
2008 Facilities Liaison