Max 2
5 (31.3%)
Extreme
2 (12.5%)
Extreme 2
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: December 22, 2005, 05:56:07 am

Author Topic: DDR 2006?  (Read 30440 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2006, 12:26:32 pm »
Quote from: "Phylicia"
I've pretty much heard that Kumoricon can afford a DDR machine, but there isn't a supplier around that can rent out the machine, apparently.
How about the Coin-Op Games warehouse in the southern metro area?
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Phylicia

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2006, 01:54:36 pm »
I checked out their site www.coin-opgames.com - they do do rentals, but they have no bemani games listed on their site. I heard they had a dancemaniax at one point though, and noticed a DDR machine near the doorway when I used to commute past there by bus every day. Both those times were well over a year or two ago, though, heh. If someone wants, they can call and ask if they have any bemani/DDR... :P

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2006, 04:36:16 pm »
Quote from: "Phylicia"
I checked out their site www.coin-opgames.com - they do do rentals, but they have no bemani games listed on their site. I heard they had a dancemaniax at one point though, and noticed a DDR machine near the doorway when I used to commute past there by bus every day. Both those times were well over a year or two ago, though, heh. If someone wants, they can call and ask if they have any bemani/DDR... :P
Maybe we could leave a note to the K-con board o' important peeps to look into it then? :o
I think it would probably pay for itself; not many serious DDR players would miss out on an opportunity to play on a machine that hasn't been beaten beyond repair.

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2006, 09:15:58 pm »
*ahem* ebay is always another option. (although the price is high, it would be k-con's for keeps... at about $3000+) uhh... anybody else think that they could charge like 25 cents for double play per game with 3 songs if we get a machine?? after all, it IS a coin-op cabinet. free would be nice, but k-con could get some serious cash doing this.

...btw tofu, at my high school, we have a gamer's club.  we have a ddr player who can pull off a MAXX Unlimited (AA, Heavy, x2 speed) on an Ignition without slipping so much as an inch. so, take that..  >  >

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2006, 09:22:43 pm »
when is the next game gonna come out
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2006, 09:49:38 pm »
September 26th.  27th since they need to ship.  SuperNOVA cabinets are out already though.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2006, 09:34:08 am »
kewl!!

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2006, 03:45:38 pm »
yes, it is very kool.  *ahem* now, for anyone who was at gaming room on monday, and playing ddr (points at tofu), did anyone see a memory card in the PS2? 'cuz i can't find mine... and i'm thinking i might have left it in the DDR PS2.  (yes, i was the one who brought the memory card... PRAISE ME! >=P) anyways, if i did leave it there and someone might've seen it and/or doesn't believe it's mine, it had a Rurouni Kenshin sticker on it... . ='

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2006, 08:55:57 pm »
Quote from: "CaoCao433"
yes, it is very kool.  *ahem* now, for anyone who was at gaming room on monday, and playing ddr (points at tofu), did anyone see a memory card in the PS2? 'cuz i can't find mine... and i'm thinking i might have left it in the DDR PS2.  (yes, i was the one who brought the memory card... PRAISE ME! >=P) anyways, if i did leave it there and someone might've seen it and/or doesn't believe it's mine, it had a Rurouni Kenshin sticker on it... . ='
Wait, were you the one with the Rourouni Kenshin mem card?
That's the only one other than mine that I saw there.
Mine was the one with the blue painters' tape.

..btw tofu, at my high school, we have a gamer's club. we have a ddr player who can pull off a MAXX Unlimited (AA, Heavy, x2 speed) on an Ignition without slipping so much as an inch. so, take that.. > >
Is it on a hard floor? (tile or carpet)
Because an ignition won't slip on a hard floor, but neither will a Cobalt Flux.
Seriously, have you ever gone to an arcade and noticed that the dance platform isn't quite straight?
That's 'cause ANYTHING slides when you play 9's and up on carpet no-bar.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2006, 11:28:59 pm »
they have good mats for ddr at the con but they were heavy to move after they sliped too far from the tv and i think there should be a "sock or shoes" rule, o protect us from ourselfs, i had some sandles i made, and i was afraid of the breaking so i took them off before ddr, but my foot slid a bit after a jump and gouged a pretty good chunk of the pad of my food, it hurt a lot

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2006, 11:50:27 pm »
yup, i had that memory card. was it still there? o.O'
yes, he's done it on both carpet AND tile with the same results...  and no, the pads at my Wunderland are NOT crooked when i play. even when there are teh mad skillzorz people who AA Max songs. it's always straight and on carpet.

uh, a 'socks or shoes' rule is usually common sense to ANY metal pad.  you know, screws sticking out and what not.  mhm, that was another pad problem, slippage. i saw a bit of people slip on that. (including myself... >  >)  i was defernately not used to those pads and thus, i sucked like a baby.

(btw, tofu, i do believe you met my friend Gio, right? he was the weird one who smelled like his hair looked @ @)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2006, 01:04:52 pm »
yes it is a commen sence but yeah this is a con and it can be checked at the door
me "i'm too good i wont slip off the mat haha
owwwwiiee ITAI!!!!!

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2006, 06:52:33 pm »
i thought we were talking about shoes and socks... not slipping.  slippage on DDR is common. it's gonna happen alot.  shoes and socks, lemme say for anyone going to K-con 07 and gonna play DDR and they're reading this.  MAKE SURE YOU WEAR SOCKS OR SHOES (SHOES PREFFERED) BEFORE PLAYING DDR!!! SANDALS ARE OKAY IF YOU WANNA SLIP.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2006, 04:42:23 pm »
yup, i had that memory card. was it still there? o.O'
yes, he's done it on both carpet AND tile with the same results...  and no, the pads at my Wunderland are NOT crooked when i play. even when there are teh mad skillzorz people who AA Max songs. it's always straight and on carpet.

uh, a 'socks or shoes' rule is usually common sense to ANY metal pad.  you know, screws sticking out and what not.  mhm, that was another pad problem, slippage. i saw a bit of people slip on that. (including myself... >  >)  i was defernately not used to those pads and thus, i sucked like a baby.

(btw, tofu, i do believe you met my friend Gio, right? he was the weird one who smelled like his hair looked @ @)
Okay, I know what one you're talking about, but I don't know where it is.
I think it was there when they closed the game room on Sunday, you might want to ask some of the gameroom staff about it. (thanks for letting us use it by the way; otherwise I wouldn't have gotten a chance to attempt PSMO right before they closed up on Sunday. :)

Protip: never play heavy/oni in socks/barefoot on an unmodded Cobalt Flux.
Those screws are lethal, man. xP
Most people get flat-head screws for theirs.
But yeah, metal pads = shoes.
You'll get better sound, better scores, and your feet will thank you.

Was he the one with the dreads and glasses?

Oh yeah, btw, I think I'm going to get a couple MMB BlueSharks in a couple months and mod them with custom panels and bars, so we might actually have some arcade-quality pads there next year, if I can get someone to help me bring 'em in. (they weigh about 100 lbs each)

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2006, 07:13:08 pm »
heh, you posted on DDRFreak's forum.  *ahem* sure, that's the reason i brought my card. so everyone could play DDR to the fullest. (if no one had brought their card though...) i'm starting to think it just might be somewhere in my house now...

yeah,  i agree.  metal pad + barefeet =

uh, just so everyone knows, this ISN'T an actual picture of what WILL happen, but it IS a picture of what COULD happen.

yeah, Gio's the one with the dreads.

i hope you ARE able to get that good of a pad done by next year... or I WILL MOSTLY LIKELY CRY.

btw, gio and i are working on Sexy Planet (Megamix)  tricks.  ^^  we might have a routine for style next year if all goes well.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2006, 11:16:29 pm »
I post on DDRFreak a lot, actually.
160 posts.

Yipes!
Did you meet mark?
He was the first guy I went up against in the tourney.
Anyway, he cut his finger while moving the pad back at one point.

Haha, I managed to blister my toe playing DDR today.
9 hours.
6 at home, 3 at the arcade.

Ah, okay.
Say hi to him for me.
And feel free to slip in that I B'ed Max 300 on heavy twice today, just to make him feel bad. xD

I've been working on Ordinary World's spins.
When I finish getting that down, I'll see if I can get R&P with spins.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2006, 11:31:42 am »
thingy is if you slip and you not wearing socks = cut foot

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2006, 12:31:10 am »
yes yes, we kinda know that you can cut your foot, thus the picture i put up.  

yea, i'm sure you do considering that i noticed most your post on the gaming forum have to do with DDR.. >.> <.< ^.^ V.V    yea, Mark shared my room 'cuz he's Gio's friend.  heh, i saw you serve him pwnage. i didn't see his cut though. was it bad, or  like a pepeh cut?

blister your toe?  heck, i'm sorry, but i had mine bleed because i played so hard for about 7 hrs. at the arcades. the nail was scratching my toe.  yet, *sniff*, i managed the courage to keep playing!  ...  >   >

anyways. yea, i'll tell him you can own him.
R&P? try Saints Go Marching (Remix) - Hvy, and Daikenkai on Oni.
[/size]

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2006, 06:29:39 pm »
His cut was pretty minor, bled more than a paper cut, but none got on the pad.

Keep in mind that my toe has callouses an inch thick though. (minor exaggeration)
I play DDR 1-4 hours a day, and I do martial arts, so my toes, heels, and balls of my feet are all pretty tough.

Apparently I A'ed it the second time, I must not have noticed because I was madly scrambling for my camera. xD

I don't have Ex2 yet, and I won't be able to until I get money. xP

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2006, 06:06:32 pm »
thank gawd! i woulda screamed like a little school girl if any got on the pad!   i mean..... > >  ouch, paper cuts suck...

i walk 1-2 hrs a day, and i jump around on concrete, so my feet are broken.  ...>  > not really, but i DO walk 1-2hrs a day. hm....ah!  haha! but i do homework, which hurts my head!  >=D ...  =\  too bad 'bout your feet.
are you gonna get  SN? if you can't.... when i get it on wednesday, i'll tell you if EX2 is better or if SN is better.
(btw, i meant 'Saints Go Marching' and 'Daikenkai' at your local DDREX cabinet host place. ^^)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2006, 08:14:39 pm »
thank gawd! i woulda screamed like a little school girl if any got on the pad!   i mean..... > >  ouch, paper cuts suck...

i walk 1-2 hrs a day, and i jump around on concrete, so my feet are broken.  ...>  > not really, but i DO walk 1-2hrs a day. hm....ah!  haha! but i do homework, which hurts my head!  >=D ...  =\  too bad 'bout your feet.
are you gonna get  SN? if you can't.... when i get it on wednesday, i'll tell you if EX2 is better or if SN is better.
(btw, i meant 'Saints Go Marching' and 'Daikenkai' at your local DDREX cabinet host place. ^^)
xD
Likewise!

Ah, I just walk way too much.
I'm the type of guy who goes on 15-mile walks to relax.
That, or I play something easy on DDR. (6-8 footer)
Although now that my bike's working, I'll be doing a lot less walking, but my leg muscles are gonna be huge. (er)

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2006, 04:30:45 pm »
w007, DDRSN is in my game collection now!  ^^ it's pretty good. layout is cool.  SONGS!@!!@!@! OMG, i think they could've gone without some licensed songs.... ESPECIALLY KELLY CLARSON'S 'SINCE JOO BEEN GAWN' T_T poor DDR...  i think i see 12 licensed/english songs from modern pop/rock, to old songs...  the only real decent songs (not english licensed songs) are 'TRUE LOVE' by jun, 'CURUS' by D-Crew, 'No. 13' by Taka respect for J.S.B, 'Xepher' by Tatsh, and (fine, fine, ONE licensed song) Captain Jack's 'CENTERFOLD(130BPM move it remix).  now, the interesting part about DDRSN is the new stuff. the dancer's movements, Stellar Master Mode, the stages, Advanced mode, and SN itself.  while the beeps are cool and stuff, it's kinda annoying too.  now, the dancers and stages are pretty damn cool. i'm an Alice fan, (gosh) and i'm waiting to unlock her, but for now i've seen Emi, and her movement/dancing is pretty smooth and, you know, smooth. kinda realistic, 'cept for the facial expression.  i'm kinda disappointed by Konami unable to realize people have emotions...  *ahem*  as for Stellar Master mode, "woah,  that's just weird =\", were my EXACT words.  unlike Dance Master mode from Ex2, you go around to planets, check a list of things you must do (YES, THEY DON'T JUST HAND YOU A MISSION ANYMORE T_T), complete the list, and BOOM, you completed a thing. so, when someone's completed a planet, tell me. i haven't.  = |  i'll explain more things later as right now i'm busy.  ^^ so ends part 1.

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2006, 04:25:28 pm »
*gosh* i think i see 13 licensed.  *ahem*
now, i was on stellar master mode, no?  okay.  i managed to 100% complete 1 planet. all you get when you clear (not complete) a planet are songs that were in that planet and the planet's Pix (char.).  now, to clear a planet, you need to clear a 'Showdown' when you finish a couple of Trials.  there's 'Showdown', 'EX Showdown', and 'Diamond EX Showdown'. as you might've guessed, each Showdown is harder than the last.  Diamond EX is only unlocked by clearing ALL Trials, EX is unlocked by clearing half the Trials, and Showdown is unlocked by clearing 1 or 2 Trials.  now, Showdowns consist of a couple of 'Drills' (so far 4-5), that improve your skillz as a dance masta' (yo).  for DDR Experts out there, the first planets are going to be EXTREMELY EASY.  and when i say extremely easy, i mean very, very, VERY, easy.  it'll also feel like wasting 50 credits playing nothing but Beginner mode.  it is utter torture...   Diamond EX Showdown is probably the only challenge you'll have on a planet for a while.
now then.  off there, and back to game.  i've had a chance now to see other dancers, and they all have seperate dancing styles now.  it's pretty kool. although, it seems the dancing for Jenny(or jenna. whatever) is a bit 'weird'... =\  she dances like a pole dancer...
some of the dancing is now modern.  you know, shake, move, shake more,  breakdance.
*ahem*  did i explain Advance mode? prolly not. oh well.  advance mode has Survival, Endless, Combo, and *le sigh* Battle.  battle, is by far THE WEIRDESTEST mode i've seen in a while.  you play the same mode, work on your combo, and when your Attack lvl is high enough, you send it to your opponent which then screws with their modifications. =) it not only messes with speed, visiblilty, or color, but it also changes the order of the arrows, move some arrows closer to the bottom of the screen and more.  it is awesomely cool.  very fun for two people, or just yourself.

for now, that's all i've to say about teh new, Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova.  
Overall: 8/10  

(x)good, but it's kinda the same as EX2, but with new songs.  i'd like it if they just kept the Dance Master mode from EX2.
(x)licensed songs... *hurls*  jeez Konami, you hurted me... you hurted me bad.

(+)everything else is awesome.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2006, 09:26:10 pm »
I'm going to have it in a few days but I have to:
Take a $200 check to the bank.
Take $50 in cash, deposit the other $150.
call the Pioneer Place EB games to see if they have any copies in stock.
If they don't, call Fry's and see if they have any.
Supposing one of them has a copy, go there on Saturday and buy a copy.
Get home Sunday and play 'til Midnight, then play some more.

In the meantime, I'll be waiting 2 days for my check to be processed, then go to Paypal and get $30.00 transferred from my checking account, wait 5 days,  then check newegg, ebay, and amazon.com for EMS 2-port usb adaptors. xP
If I can't find any okay ones there, I'll look for an official website. xP

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
DDR 2006?
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2006, 11:03:02 pm »
*ahem* tofu, if you've got the money, get DDREx2 while you're at it.  SN... i thought it would've had more since i only unlocked a couple songs, but a couple songs are about over half the songs. = |  half are licensed, 1/4 are original, and the other 1/4 of the songs are recycled. the only song that'll make the game worthwhile (now) is probably Fascination ~true love mix~ (or something along that)....
*le even more sigh* i also think that some of the old dancers aren't available (like half of them T_T including Alice...)  as PiXs are the only characters that've been available to me so far.  well, at least Emi is awesome ^^.  

to anyone who gets SN, go to option (in game mode) and pick Dancer: Emi, Stage:5 or 6    
it's cool.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR 2006?
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2006, 05:39:35 pm »
I don't really care for dancers, I'm all the dancers they need. xD

Yeah, I actually decided I'm going to try to get $100 cash, then pick up SN, Ex2, and a USB adaptor for my StepMania.

Also, I posted some ideas for DDR next year in the Contests forum, check it out.