Poll

Which do you prefer?

J-Pop
7 (58.3%)
J-Rock
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: December 11, 2005, 06:31:56 pm

Author Topic: Live Performance?  (Read 9271 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Live Performance?
« on: December 11, 2005, 06:31:56 pm »
I was flipping through the Sakura-Con booklet thingy and they get j-pop artists from japan to put on a live concert at the convention. Could Kumoricon pull that off?? We could have it on one of the days when we dont have the dance or the cosplay contest. So we would have one huge main event each day of the convention!!
If this does happen or is taken into consideration my vote goes for Ayumi Hamasaki.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Live Performance?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 10:16:28 pm »
Just in cocideration, if we were to be able to get Ayumi Hamasaki (which no anime cons has gotten yet), the only way we'd be able to afford her to come, and the equipment neccesary to support one of her shows would be to charge attendees about $150 extra.
Sometimes companies provide support to cover the performance fees and such, but you still have to fly them over, feed them, and house them.  And even 1 singer is never alone, they usually travel with an entourage.
Right now I don't see us as having the capabilities to support a J-pop or J-rock artist from Japan.  Now, in the future, that's definately a possibility if Kumoricon continues to grow.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Shinigami Ryuuku

• Sailor Scout
    • http://Violent-Hatred.deviantart.com
Live Performance?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 08:21:31 pm »
MUST HAVE T_T

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Live Performance?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 04:50:30 am »
Quote from: "EvilMonkey"
Just in cocideration, if we were to be able to get Ayumi Hamasaki (which no anime cons has gotten yet), the only way we'd be able to afford her to come, and the equipment neccesary to support one of her shows would be to charge attendees about $150 extra.
Sometimes companies provide support to cover the performance fees and such, but you still have to fly them over, feed them, and house them.  And even 1 singer is never alone, they usually travel with an entourage.
Right now I don't see us as having the capabilities to support a J-pop or J-rock artist from Japan.  Now, in the future, that's definately a possibility if Kumoricon continues to grow.

Futures Good. ^________^ Wow, no con has ever gotten her yet? Lets go down in HIstory!!! lol.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 07:21:57 am »
You understood the part about the pricetag, right?
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Live Performance?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 09:10:46 am »
Music ain’t my thing at all (deaf in one ear and all my LP from before 1970 were stolen, vinyl was not just for boot wraps) so if there were a concert I’d go take a nap or have lunch with any of the single aunts who came along as chaperones.

But I did go to 2 years of Theater and Video production school (before I started training for EMT school and before I went to Computer science school) and I understand what it does take to put on a show (and how to set up traction).  And I have had to book bands (both kinds of bands; County and Western) they had to be cheap enough for us to get away with yet not so bad that I had to rebuild the furniture or replace windows on Sunday morning.  Why not find a J-Rock band from the northwest either original cover or tribute?   And or have a serious J-Rock band talent contest for the con members, possibly as an opening act for the main band.  By serious I mean not spur of the moment or amateurish they have 10 months to practice and audition before the Con Board.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Live Performance?
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 12:30:09 am »
Quote from: "guspasho"

uh yeah...thats why you wait tell K-con gets bigger in the future so theres more people and we have more money....duh?  It says that above.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 07:35:44 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"

uh yeah...thats why you wait tell K-con gets bigger in the future so theres more people and we have more money....duh?  It says that above.

LOL, you're right. My bad.  :oops:
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Live Performance?
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:15 pm »
Quote from: "kimiski"

LOL, you're right. My bad.  :oops:

AWWWW!!! *glmop* ^_________^

Offline -MiYaVi-

• Catgirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 10:39:40 pm »
Ayumi Hamasaki?
nfiEniejiojiokotniwnklthtrherjyiothl;eth hio WEGHIO
J-ROCK FOOL!!! wefhigrwegjweghio89748783543687365787635hjugfrhukgf5407
and dude-nesss'!!
getting a performance live from them will bring kumoricon thousands of attendees!!!!
do u kno how many peopel ould travel to see sumthing like this!??
MiYaVi

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 11:45:42 pm »
Even so, the fact remains that we would need to be able to support that first.  Right now the convention cannot support that - there simply aren't enough resources.  Unless a LOT of money came in (as in, more than we would make even if we were extremely successful), this is a good dream, but definitely not feasible in the near future (near being next several years)

nfiEniejiojiokotniwnklthtrherjyiothl;eth hio WEGHIO wefhigrwegjweghio89748783543687365787635hjugfrhukgf5407

Also, can we stick to something remotely resembling a lanugage, as opposed to text that more resembles the result of two cats having a fight on a keyboard?

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 08:06:12 am »
Seriously, Miyavi, stop. I really don't want to start moderating this stuff too.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline -MiYaVi-

• Catgirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 04:11:02 pm »
*laughs* awlryte, Sayonara! ^_^ *waves off*
MiYaVi

Offline Yuki-cyan77

• Cabbit
Live Performance?
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 11:37:01 pm »
...this is HARD!!!...can't I just say that I luv both and can't live without the other??!! >_<, My whole CD collection is all JPN music...so I'll leave it as that...true I have more J-pop than J-rock...but I tend to be attracted to up-beat and remix stuff.

If I like the song/music, I like it, if I don't, I don't...I tend not to buy because of a particular genre or person...though there are exceptions.

J-rock that I really luv is X JAPAN...I luv how YOSHIKI added a classical touch to the music...I thought that was very origianl!! XD
(it's still considered J-rock...right?)

J-pop that I really luv is Asakura Daisuke...anything by him.
(like all T.M.Revolution songs, Iceman, ACCESS...you get the idea.)
Yuki-cyan77
KC'06: Staff - on call Sign Language Interpreter
SC'06: Wendy (GUNxSWORD), Aerith (FF7), Inuyasha
Staff - Translator

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 10:10:26 am »
i know what you mean there is this Gackt song call misrablez (i think) that has this strong classical violin in it that i absoulutly love the way it blends in with the stronger rock by almost being stronger then it (don't know if that makes sence meh) but yeah love!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Live Performance?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 02:01:27 pm »
how about that Power Rangers Stage show see if K Con can book that.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Yuki-cyan77

• Cabbit
Live Performance?
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 12:12:28 am »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
i know what you mean there is this Gackt song call misrablez (i think) that has this strong classical violin in it that i absoulutly love the way it blends in with the stronger rock by almost being stronger then it (don't know if that makes sence meh) but yeah love!!

*nodd* Oh yeah!! It's hard to discribe the impact classical + rock has on me unless it's another fellow understander!
I just luv all the X JAPAN stuff!!  I'm starting a small collection. ^-^=
Yuki-cyan77
KC'06: Staff - on call Sign Language Interpreter
SC'06: Wendy (GUNxSWORD), Aerith (FF7), Inuyasha
Staff - Translator

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 08:39:20 am »
Quote from: "Yuki-cyan77"
Quote from: "superjaz3p"

*nodd* Oh yeah!! It's hard to discribe the impact classical + rock has on me unless it's another fellow understander!
I just luv all the X JAPAN stuff!!  I'm starting a small collection. ^-^=

tee hee colecttions are fun when at book off i bought all the Gackt albums they had (the pictures are so pretty) latter a friend went by and saw the empty section and was like "yeah jaz has been here.."

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Live Performance?
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 10:15:05 am »
hey guys, do they have a dance at the end of the con? Because my friends always talk about the dances they go to at the end of cons and they sound like fun!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 01:29:34 pm »
If anyone, I think that the Polysics would be good. They're like... J-... everything. ^_^ They have very good music... I think they were at another convention not a long time ago...

But then again, you guys, not to be a downer, but how big do you honestly think Kcon will get? I'd LOVE it to be as big as Sakura con or any other large con, but... I dunno. x_x OR is not as big as CA or TX or NY, and there aren't alot of other touristsy things to do like Disney land oranything in the Big Apple.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 06:00:59 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
hey guys, do they have a dance at the end of the con? Because my friends always talk about the dances they go to at the end of cons and they sound like fun!

Yes we do.  The dance lasts for several hours, has a dozen tables for people to rest, and it's pretty fun.

Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
But then again, you guys, not to be a downer, but how big do you honestly think Kcon will get?

Personally, I don't think it will get to the same size as SakuraCon (in the same year).  However, I do think KumoriCon will continue to grow for years to come and will be known more for its atmosphere rather than its size.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 10:11:57 am »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
If anyone, I think that the Polysics would be good. They're like... J-... everything. ^_^ They have very good music... I think they were at another convention not a long time ago...

i just got an e-mail from tofu that they have a new album out and are on tour but not anywhere close.
buy yeah i agree with Negima, as having gone to all 3, each one ahs been a bit bigger and a lot better then the last, and i wouldn't want them to be to massive theres somthing nice about walking down the hall and just knowing the people there

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Live Performance?
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 02:44:31 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"

in my opinion, that's the best part!! I luv dancing to things like time warp and the sailor moon remix opening XD fun stuff I tells ya!! I'm so excited!!
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."