Author Topic: "I'm not really into..."  (Read 23771 times)

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.shinjinrui.cjb.net
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2006, 10:10:21 am »
Quote from: "MistressLegato"
Quote from: "oishiidesuyo"
dislikes ...

- underage anime girls with big breasts. you're **** me, right?

XD

- To add on to that - JAILBAIT @ CONS dressed in really revealing outfits.  I am soooo utterly apalled that parents would allow their young girl to dress like that!  I saw a few at Sakuracon and about DIED.
- anime with boobs that are just SURREAL.  There's this one . . . gah, but the chicks boobs DEAD SERIOUSLY are 3 or 4 times the size of their heads.  It's sOOOOOO gross XP  I appreciate an anime hottie like any other fan,but it's just disgusting to have ridiculous boobs . . .

i'd like to add to this: girls and guys who dont look enough like the charictar they are cosplaying because they are overweight....

if you notice ppl usualy avoid eye contact with these people...

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/allyson_l
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2006, 10:24:41 am »
Quote from: "rasetsutaisho"

i'd like to add to this: girls and guys who dont look enough like the charictar they are cosplaying because they are overweight....

Whoah now, hold on....I can admit that you weren't saying that people shouldn't cosplay when they are overweight, just that you didn't like it when they did....but still, don't you think you're standards are a little high?

I think you could ammend your statement in several ways. Just open your mind a bit.

I have several friends who are overweight and they shouldn't have to refrain from doing things like cosplaying just because of thier size. (I know you weren't saying it should be stopped, but when people are being judged it is the biggest detterent of all, bigger than any rules or laws).

If you start out with the mindset that people over a certain weight are unattractive, your judgement will be conveyed to these people once you encounter them. And encounter overweight cosplayers you will.

Here's a better way to approach this: how about making a predetermined judgement about cosplayers that applies to all areas....for example, you could say that you don't enjoy costumes that are extremely form-fitting or show a good deal of cleavage? I'm sure that costumes like these have added to your distaste for seeing the overweight cosplaying.

I respect that you have your likes and dislikes, but you need to be able to accept other people where they are coming from. Don't post blanket statements like this when you aren't going to give any elaboration on it. If you think your point is justified, explain it better.
I refuse to believe people refuse to believe the truth.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2006, 11:04:16 am »
Quote from: "Xaam"

Whoah now, hold on....I can admit that you weren't saying that people shouldn't cosplay when they are overweight, just that you didn't like it when they did....but still, don't you think you're standards are a little high?

I think you could ammend your statement in several ways. Just open your mind a bit.

I have several friends who are overweight and they shouldn't have to refrain from doing things like cosplaying just because of thier size. (I know you weren't saying it should be stopped, but when people are being judged it is the biggest detterent of all, bigger than any rules or laws).

If you start out with the mindset that people over a certain weight are unattractive, your judgement will be conveyed to these people once you encounter them. And encounter overweight cosplayers you will.

Here's a better way to approach this: how about making a predetermined judgement about cosplayers that applies to all areas....for example, you could say that you don't enjoy costumes that are extremely form-fitting or show a good deal of cleavage? I'm sure that costumes like these have added to your distaste for seeing the overweight cosplaying.

I respect that you have your likes and dislikes, but you need to be able to accept other people where they are coming from. Don't post blanket statements like this when you aren't going to give any elaboration on it. If you think your point is justified, explain it better.

right on!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2006, 11:22:46 am »

Are trying to tell me not to wear a tight polo shirt when I cosplay as Pops Racer
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2006, 12:32:04 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"

Are trying to tell me not to wear a tight polo shirt when I cosplay as Pops Racer

Ooh la la!

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 06:03:05 pm »
Well, I'm not really into

1) Cosplay, (not that I have anything against cosplayers, of course)
2) Hentai
3) Fanfics, (again, no offense meant to anyone)
4) Models or figurines

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 07:23:41 pm »
Quote from: "Penumbra Shade"

2) Hentai
4) Models or figurines

Yeah, I'm not really into fanfics very much!  There are some that are SUPER well-written that I will read, but so much of it just seems ... bad.  

I do, however, love Cosplay and Models!

@ the over-weight cosplay comment: I always just prefer people cosplay as someone with a similar body to their own.  I don't cosplay Naga because I don't have the knockers XD

I've seen some great cosplay from plus-sized ladies, though.  One of the best Selenity cosplays I've seen was a heavy-set gal.  But think about it, there's not WAY with as much as Usagi eats that she would be stick thin!

If you're brave enough to wear a costume, friggin' go for it, man!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2006, 08:15:46 am »

Ok then, if we are supposed to go as characters with the same body types there is a VERY SMALL handful of anime characters that "overweight" people would be able to go as in your theory.  Think about it, for females nearly every anime is chock full of thin tall girls, so for most overweight women who are "ONLY" allowed to go as someone who has the same body type as them, then they can't go as any of their favorite characters.  Overweight men may have a few more options but it still isn't fair.

I think as long as a costume is done tastefully, it should not matter.  For example, if someone is cosplaying a japanese school girl uniform and the skirt is quite possibly showing too much skin, then make it longer, that is what I will probably be doing. We can't all have killer bodies and big boobs.  And personally I am not into anyone wearing super revealing naga/catgirl esque costumes whether overweight or not.

Sorry but don't be cruel.

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2006, 03:32:06 pm »
I forgot to add something, silly me...

I can't stand anthros (sorry Shadow.) I like nekos and all... But full on anthro/furries I don't really like. Blame it on that CSI episode I watched (when I was REALLLLLLY bored.)

As for the overweight subject, I want to say that I am a bit... Mean... When it comes to that issue... I think Strong Bad can easily say my feelings about it with this quote...

STRONG BAD: Oh, hello Rotunda! Your physique certainly merits you wearing that leather bikini and fishnet hose.

Good cosplay knows no gender or size though.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2006, 04:26:44 pm »
Quote from: "MistressLegato"
Quote from: "Penumbra Shade"

2) Hentai
4) Models or figurines

Yeah, I'm not really into fanfics very much!  There are some that are SUPER well-written that I will read, but so much of it just seems ... bad.  

I do, however, love Cosplay and Models!

Meh. I really don't have much interest in either cosplay or model stuff, but then, I've never really looked into it very much--such my opinion is an uneducated one.

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 06:20:04 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
[

im sorry im somewhat of a cruel minded/mouthed person...

now to clarify... i'm not saying larger people...

okay let me clarify larger people... what i mean is the poeple who are seriously trying to do something like gunner yuna and their obviously not anywhere near the same body size... as in like obese...

okay and to continue... im not saying these people shouldnt cosplay im more of the mind that they should use what they have going for them, and cosplay as the larger loveable side charcters... like robo from chrono trigger...

now, one thing i really hate is for ppl to misunderstand me, my cruelty comes from honesty. cause i too have a good amount of large friends, and ppl who are not the stunning image of sexyness and when they ask me what they should cosplay as, i usualy end up telling them "dont go for something you're obviously not, go for something that could be you. its alot cooler that way" you have no idea how many ppl i've talked out of cosplaying ppl they dont even look like. squalls, inu yashas, vashes...

i could image i sound like a jack ass with his foot in his mouth or something like that, but i refuse to curb my opinions just to be nice... i suppose the best thing i could do whould be to say im sorry... but im not.

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2006, 06:20:20 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
[

im sorry im somewhat of a cruel minded/mouthed person on the internet. im only not cruel in person...

now to clarify... i'm not saying larger people...

okay let me clarify larger people... what i mean is the poeple who are seriously trying to do something like gunner yuna and their obviously not anywhere near the same body size... as in like obese...

okay and to continue... im not saying these people shouldnt cosplay im more of the mind that they should use what they have going for them, and cosplay as the larger loveable side charcters... like robo from chrono trigger...

now, one thing i really hate is for ppl to misunderstand me, my cruelty comes from honesty. cause i too have a good amount of large friends, and ppl who are not the stunning image of sexyness and when they ask me what they should cosplay as, i usualy end up telling them "dont go for something you're obviously not, go for something that could be you. its alot cooler that way" you have no idea how many ppl i've talked out of cosplaying ppl they dont even look like. squalls, inu yashas, vashes...

i could image i sound like a jack ass with his foot in his mouth or something like that, but i refuse to curb my opinions just to be nice... i suppose the best thing i could do whould be to say im sorry... but im not.

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2006, 08:04:07 pm »

im sorry im somewhat of a cruel minded/mouthed person on the internet. im only not cruel in person...

Fair enough, I personally never implied that you shouldn't be. I only asked that you clarify yourself more, and that you open your mind to other possibilities.

Reality check, these are fictional characters we are talking about. Their body size does not truly exist. Some females are drawn with boobs physically larger than their heads and waists so small that you would literally need ribs surgically removed to achieve the same size ratio.

Eyes are disproportioned, hands and feet are tiny, and things that should droop towards the ground are undeniably perky. There is no living human with the body type for certain anime characters.

As for obese people, well, it seems I must make a few things clearer for you. First you say "im not saying these people shouldnt cosplay im more of the mind that they should use what they have going for them".

The point that a few of us were trying to illustrate is that choosing based on body type drastically lowers the amount of characters you can cosplay as. Pleasing other people and looking cool is only a small part of what cosplaying is about. The appeal to dressing up in a costume is to feel cool and to have fun, to show appreciation for a character, to act like a kid, to be a hero. It's gratifying and self-driven. Choosing a character to cosplay as should never be narrowed down by body type. An obese person can cosplay without looking garrish or trashy, and they shouldn't be limited to character that they don't like or know just because the ones they want are skinnier than them.

To kill the fun of cosplaying is to eliminate the heart of cosplaying. You may enjoy seeing large fuzzy and cute characters cosplayed by larger people, but they may not enjoy it themselves. Don't be so imposing in your veiws on this subject.

now, one thing i really hate is for ppl to misunderstand me, my cruelty comes from honesty.

I'm going to go off on a really quick tanget here and explain something to you:

There is no such thing as perfect communication, especially when all communication is in the form of written text without the aid of facial expressions and tones to convey your meaning. You will be misunderstood. Almost always. And you will learn to live with it or you will eventually get frustrated with forums and stop communicating via internet altogether.

We are all trying our best to understand your point. No need to feel attacked, no need to get defensive, no need to feel misunderstood. Be as clear and concise as possible and explain all of your points clearly. Be patient when people take it the wrong way, and come back and explain yourself until you are properly understood. There is no way around this process.

i too have a good amount of large friends, and ppl who are not the stunning image of sexyness and when they ask me what they should cosplay as, i usualy end up telling them "dont go for something you're obviously not, go for something that could be you. its alot cooler that way"

I have never accused you of not knowing what you are talking about, but nevertheless, it is nice to know that you have firsthand experience in this matter.

Concerning your friends and talking them out of doing the cosplays they want to do, I will say only this: I think that you should listen to thier reasons for choosing the characters they cosplay and then consider those reasons before you offer them your own ideas.

Your honesty is very admirable, but don't forgoe the other person's feelings in favor of honesty. In the end, if the message is too harsh the person won't be receptive to what you are saying and neither party will benefit from the interaction. Also keep in mind that if it really isn't hurting anybody, is it wrong that they are cosplaying in the characters of thier choice?

I suppose this is your "cruel" side coming out. Look, I'm not going to pick a fight with you, and I don't know why you seem to feel like you are in a confrontation, but you stated that you didn't like something and now people are stating that they disagree with you. That is all that has happened here.

No one has asked you to curb your opinions. Maybe because the majority of us disagree with you, you are starting to feel outnumbered and attacked. But we just want to tell you that, yes, we understand you don't like it, but we do and we'll tell you why.

You don't sound like a jack-ass, you just sound honest and very defensive.

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2006, 08:10:45 pm »
Hmmm... what do I not like...

1. Pocky. I eat some now and then if my friends make me, but I'm not totally obsessed with it and can only eat a few at a time.

2. Mechs. Like it seems, other people on this thread, I don't really care for Mechs at all.

3. Japanese food. Hmm like the pocky. I don't really have the tastebuds for the food not yet anyways.

4. Fanfiction. People that write these non-stop scare the hell out of me. I use to write some until I discovered what a freaking scary realm it is. Luckily I found AMVs... much better.

5.  Gaming. Other than DDR and Para-Para..... I don't game. At all. It may be because I don't spend money on video games and stuff but I don't play anything. When I do play a video game, I either get bored or frustrated and stop.

6. Dealer's Room. When I come to a convention usually the dealer's room is created like a big fuss and a must-see. But whenever I go I usually don't spend any money at all... and I don't like it I guess. *shrug* Though I did force myself to buy two things at Sakura Con and I'm very happy I did.

7. Cartoony Cosplay. I love cosplay. But I love to create cosplay as if I'm bringing the character into the real world and making them real. So I really don't like it when people have obvious pieces of their outfit that is just pasted on and nothing like it would be if the character was real.

--------------

Moving on to the issue that's becoming a debate on a board it shouldn't be but I want to comment anyways because I'm just that way...

I agree with rasetsutaisho if I am understanding what he is saying right.

Basically, if a cosplayer is large don't cosplay some girl that wears a tight sexy spandex or bikinis. Understand your body and flatter it with something that looks good on it instead of something that would look good on someone else. For example just browse some gallerys on here... http://catsonmars.com/otaku/cosplay/

And of course if you're someone that takes this offensive... erm... At least try to understand what is being said.
Sweet Times

Offline Fudokage

• Sailor Scout
    • Octodie
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2006, 08:31:16 pm »
I say people just cosplay for fun.Don't worry how close your body looks like the character.anyway things I don't like so much at the cons are I suppose....
1) Mecha Anime
2)Figurines
3)fanfics
4)Most gaming.Don't get me wrong...I love videogames...But most con-goer kids I have played with take the game too seriously...So I just stick to playing with my friends.

Offline Pocket Ninja

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2006, 10:56:17 pm »
Wow, what a heated discussion that whole over-weight topic is turning into.  Not to sound superficial, but I somewhat agree to what rasetsutaisho is saying. The truth of the matter is, many people are overweight. Nothing wrong with that.  I just think that if someone is overweight and wants to cosplay, they should choose to cosplay as a character who doesn't have a costume like, say, Faye Valentine. It reveals too much of the body even for people who have ideal weight.  

It's a matter of principle and moral.  No matter how much you weigh, if you don't cosplay tastefully, you'll look more or less like an idiot.  And I think that's the whole point.  This is all said in the name of good cosplay, which I think every cosplayer should strive for.

So let's not hate. I don't think think anyone on this forum is trying to be a meanie head.  

Anyway, I agree with almost everyone's lists in this thread. I cannot stand Mech anime.  WAY. TOO. MANY.

I also think that Cartoon Network has degraded the novelty of anime fandom by mass-televising anime.  I liked Cowboy Bebop before all of America knew about it and now it's just not as fun anymore.  

I'm getting tired of (and I know I'll probably be ninja'ed from almost everyone) Naruto cosplay. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but when all you see are the Konoha patches swimming in a field of yellow, black, pink, and silver hair...people, it's time to focus on a different anime.  and perferrably not the same one.  Also, I love seeing variety and all the different characters people cosplay as. There are some fantastic and talented people out there but I feel they get lost in the 7 different kakashi's floating around the con.
Kumoricon! Wahoo!

(order of cosplay might change)
Saturday- Rikku (FFX)
Sunday- Tifa (FF:AC)
Monday- Mana-sama (maybe)

Offline Fudokage

• Sailor Scout
    • Octodie
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2006, 11:46:08 pm »
Quote from: "Pocket Ninja"
Wow, what a heated discussion that whole over-weight topic is turning into.  Not to sound superficial, but I somewhat agree to what rasetsutaisho is saying. The truth of the matter is, many people are overweight. Nothing wrong with that.  I just think that if someone is overweight and wants to cosplay, they should choose to cosplay as a character who doesn't have a costume like, say, Faye Valentine. It reveals too much of the body even for people who have ideal weight.  

It's a matter of principle and moral.  No matter how much you weigh, if you don't cosplay tastefully, you'll look more or less like an idiot.  And I think that's the whole point.  This is all said in the name of good cosplay, which I think every cosplayer should strive for.

So let's not hate. I don't think think anyone on this forum is trying to be a meanie head.  

Anyway, I agree with almost everyone's lists in this thread. I cannot stand Mech anime.  WAY. TOO. MANY.

I also think that Cartoon Network has degraded the novelty of anime fandom by mass-televising anime.  I liked Cowboy Bebop before all of America knew about it and now it's just not as fun anymore.  

I'm getting tired of (and I know I'll probably be ninja'ed from almost everyone) Naruto cosplay. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but when all you see are the Konoha patches swimming in a field of yellow, black, pink, and silver hair...people, it's time to focus on a different anime.  and perferrably not the same one.  Also, I love seeing variety and all the different characters people cosplay as. There are some fantastic and talented people out there but I feel they get lost in the 7 different kakashi's floating around the con.
I actually know exactly what you are talking about with the Naruto cosplay...I am actually doing a Naruto cosplay but I am doing only one and for good reason....So I think it's best if people just kindof move on.I think it's an excellent anime but soo many people do it.So I'm gonna move on to different cosplays for a while.

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2006, 07:52:54 am »
I kinda agree with the whole over weight cosplay thing....though it does look better if you're not a stick dressing like choji....

it's really a matter of taste i guess...any one using good judgement should be able to do a decent character for themselves....as well as make a good costume!

Offline Fudokage

• Sailor Scout
    • Octodie
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2006, 03:20:24 pm »
Ya.Although if somebody cosplays and has a good time it doesn't matter.Honestly I really dislike when people are jerks and gotta put others down for how they look. It has happened very few times at a convention for me but it has happened once.Just mean.

Offline Kendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/AirsoftWallabee
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2006, 08:59:48 pm »
I can agree with rasetsutaisho on most levels. For the most part, I would say the point of cosplaying is to look as close to the character as possible. In my opinion not putting forth your best effort into looking like them is almost disrespectful to the character. Such as, if you're not willing to get a wig/dye your hair to look like the character. The same goes for weight, in my book. If your body type doesn't look a thing like the character's you are trying to portray, I view it as a sign of disrespect. In all reality, I don't find excess fat attractive, so I'd rather people keep it covered. Is it biased to think that thin people should be 'allowed' to wear skanky outfits? Yes, and I know that. That's just my personal taste. No, we can't all have bodies like anime characters. But it is my personal belief that if you try hard enough, you can lose the weight/not put it on in the first place. That ties into the 'doing everything you can to look like the character' category for me. But then again, that's kind of another story.

Now, there are some obvious exceptions that can be funny. ex: "Ed from FMA that accidentially transmuted himself into a pocky box" those personally don't bother me.
Saturday, Monday Cosplay: Karen-Soul Link
Sunday Cosplay:"Save Point" Moogle-FFIX

Offline Pocket Ninja

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2006, 09:32:29 pm »
Quote from: "Kendra"
But it is my personal belief that if you try hard enough, you can lose the weight/not put it on in the first place. That ties into the 'doing everything you can to look like the character' category for me. But then again, that's kind of another story.

Right on. For example, I'm dressing up as Tifa from Advent Children, so I've been weight lifting to tone out my arms. I've also been exercising almost everyday to keep myself in shape. It's hard work, but it's worth every minute when you can look that much closer to the character you're cosplaying.
Kumoricon! Wahoo!

Saturday- Rikku (FFX)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2006, 05:56:36 am »
Hmmm. Haven't checked back here in awhile. Quite a debate going, I see. At least it's well-represented, I guess... But I only intend to contribute to it briefly.

Here's the thing. Yes, real people don't have the same body proportions as anime characters. But whenever you put on an outfit -- anime or no -- it will look arguably good or arguably bad on you for different reasons. No two people have the exact same build, even outside of anime. But it isn't necessary to look exactly like the character to know whether or not you look good in a costume. Example: Lulu from Final Fantasy X. Her dress is revealing, but it reveals different parts of the body than other costumes, and larger women look much better in it than skinny beanpoles, in my humble opinion. Even when they don't look like Lulu.

Sure, cosplaying is partially self-gratifying and internal... but seriously, people: when you cosplay at a convention, that means you are creating a colorful costume, and wearing it to a place where thousands of fans congregate, and where you know there will be hundreds who brought their cameras just to take pictures of you.

Thus, you'll be hard-pressed to find a convention cosplayer who TRULY doesn't want any outside attention. If they didn't, they'd quickly get sick of stopping for photographs!! So, what's wrong trying to find your best "look"? It's not really all THAT limiting to try to find costumes that suit you. I don't know about you, but I have dozens of favorite characters to choose from. I disagree, however, with the idea that wigs and hair dyeing are expected... many professional Japanese cosplayers forego coloration entirely for some costumes.

...With that thought, I think I need to point something out to prevent further conflict in this thread, since I feel responsible as the originator of the topic for not pointing this out earlier:

This topic is about what you're "not into." That means personal interests and hobbies, and also how you diverge from the stereotypes about what otaku typically enjoy. It is NOT a thread for peeves about other people's behavior at conventions, unless that behavior involves making presumptions about your hobbies and interests just because you're a fellow otaku.

In short, complain if people assume you are interested in Naruto when you are, in fact, not. Do not complain that there are "too many Naruto cosplayers."
...Even if there are. ;)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2006, 10:20:49 am »
I'm not really into anime in general that much anymore, its not like I don't like it... its just I guess its a slump in what I want to watch right now, and I am more into the whole J-Rock and GothicLolita thing moreso now, but I have respect for what everyone likes.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2006, 11:53:36 am »
Quote from: "Kouta"
I'm not really into anime in general that much anymore, its not like I don't like it... its just I guess its a slump in what I want to watch right now, and I am more into the whole J-Rock and GothicLolita thing moreso now, but I have respect for what everyone likes.

That's always a really funny thing to hear at an anime convention forum.

"What are you not really into?"
"Anime."

... ;)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2006, 12:25:00 pm »
Quote from: "Radien"
Quote from: "Kouta"

That's always a really funny thing to hear at an anime convention forum.

"What are you not really into?"
"Anime."

... ;)

Yeah its pretty odd. Though its not anything against it, its just that there really isn't that much recent stuff that I like much anymore. I am still a fan, just there isn't much I want to watch other than the stuff I have seen already... but there is always series/shows that have fallen through the cracks that are super interesting. Plus anime cons are pretty fun to come and cosplay at and just have a fun time doing stuff that ya normally don't get to do, and they encompass more than just anime normally, including the music.

EDIT:
Like Princess Princess... one that I like right now. Plus alot of animes end really stupid-like *looks at kasimasi*

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2006, 05:50:20 pm »
You know what I'm not into? The 'I love anime' shirts at Hot Topic. I mean, seriously, that just crosses the line into unhealthy amounts of obsession there. I mean, I like anime, but its Hot Topic and everyone goes there! Why would I want to wear a shirt anyone could get their hands on?
But I'm also the type of person that likes garage band music... once everyone else knows about it, my obsession level drops.

I dislike most dubs.

I dislike most Mecha. I mean, its cool to have one robot in a show, like FLCl, but having the whole plot be robots? Nah. Boring.

Also, I don't really like many video games. Especially fighting ones or online ones. I especially think its sooo unattractive when a guy sits there and makes all these inside jokes relating to games that aren't actually funny even if you do get the joke.

I'm not into substaining myself on pocky and ramune for the duration of the con.
Sora - KHII (Regular Outfit, Kingdom Key)
Kaiba - Yugioh (Battle City)

Offline SandPuppeteer

• Sailor Scout
    • @Deviantart
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2006, 01:34:43 pm »
There's a lot I'm not into, so I'll just touch on a few things.

Furries. I have no problem with Anthros in general, but the furry mentality drives me crazy. A friend of mine, who's a mod on an art gallery, was told that furry persecution was racism, because the person was "really a phenic fox inside."

Shota. All you people into little boys? No. Just no.

Fandoms. It's like high school all over again. But rather than clothes, friends and social position, it's about which anime you like. Sub vs. Dub, yaoi vs. yuri vs. het...it goes on.

Typical Shoujo. If I wanted a story about average, every day life, I'd turn on TV. Most of the story conventions in it drive me nuts. Expections are Fruits Basket and Host Club (but only the animes).

Bishounen. Give me broad-shouldered, scruffy, manly men any day. In an actual anime, sure, fine. But when you're looking at art and you turn your nose up at something because it's not a girly-pretty-boy?

...I'll stop there. I could go on for a while.

Offline Pocket Ninja

• Sailor Scout
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2006, 06:17:14 pm »
Quote from: "kekame"

I'm not into substaining myself on pocky and ramune for the duration of the con.

Amen to that! I'd be sick after the first day.
Kumoricon! Wahoo!

Saturday- Rikku (FFX)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2006, 12:06:26 pm »
Quote from: "Pocket Ninja"
Quote from: "kekame"

Amen to that! I'd be sick after the first day.
pocky and ramune are tasty addtions to a diet not the core!, like you drink it with the meal and pocky for desert or a snack yum

Offline TheBlackRider

• Oni
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2006, 08:54:53 pm »
hmm.. well

I guess i'm weird. i LOVE mecha anime and Robots. that's basically all i'm in to

I'm actually not into Japanese or Japan very much

to me, the shows have nothing to do with japan or japanese culture, they're just shows that i happen to like.

I'm more of a Russia-fanatic person. Hahaha i have an obsession with Russian and Russia , for some odd reason.

I also can't stand any Japanese music, just annoys me.

But Robots  are AWESOME.
I'll drop you off in Harlem with zee Black Rider, Out where zee bullets shine!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
"I'm not really into..."
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2006, 09:03:36 pm »
okay i love some anme thens but not all jpop is created equal and some is too frilly for my taste too soft or sweet or not enought but i love gackts stuff his music is my favorite food