Author Topic: Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift? Sailor Mars from PGSM.  (Read 7231 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift? Sailor Mars from PGSM.
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:57:22 pm »
So anyone interested, see, or is going to see Tokyo Drift? Personally I LOVED it.... They did a good job showing Japanese life to an outsider too.. and if you can understand some japanese too (like most anime fans) then you'll double enjoy it, cause you know what they are saying when everyone else hasnt got a clue.

Oh, and Did you guys know that Keiko (Sailor Mars) from PGSM or Sailor Moon Live has a role in it. She only has three lines though; "What and you cant drive?" "Hurry, Quick, come see this." and "Hey" in english. But she does appear alot on screen. It was weird seeing her in a complete differnt character then Mars and on the big screen.   :shock:

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline AznGalahad

• Cabbit
    • http://myspace.com/chineseboiii
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 03:52:04 pm »
I saw it and I personally didn't think it was that great. Some scenes were good but most of it was just meh, and the plot didn't make much sense and left too many questions and ended with a race-off?

As for showing japanese life to an outsider, it was way too unrealistic to me, except for a few rare instances. its like someone from japan watching fast and the furious I&II and going '**** so thats what americans live like'
Myspace is the new crack.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 05:56:11 pm »
i must admit  when i first saw the ad my thought was plz leave japan out of your movie!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 07:41:28 pm »
Meh... I really enjoyed it.  :P

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 09:07:46 pm »
I'm tempted to see it mostly because they'll be in Tokyo and I want to see what they show.  Yeah, it's one of those "I've been there.  And I've been there." moments.  I did the same thing with "Lost in Translation."

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 11:37:08 am »
^ they didn't film any of it in tokyo, it was all here in america.
However Keiichi Tsuchiya is in it along with Vin Diesel which somewhat suprised me (the Tsuchiya part). Since from all the previews all I saw was them "explaining" how to drift by pulling the e-brake. There is a veilside FD (92-02 Mazda RX-7) in there but no FC (86-91 Mazda RX-7, my car) so I'm not too anxious about seeing it.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 12:59:40 pm »
When I first saw the ad for the movie, I just shook my head. My brother thought that they literally filmed in it Japan. I had to explain to him that there was no way they could film that kind of a movie in Japan. The country is just too crowded. My theory is a green screen.

But, it is really awesome that Mars-PGSM is in it. ^-^ I might just go see it for that reason.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 06:05:37 pm »
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"

But, it is really awesome that Mars-PGSM is in it. ^-^ I might just go see it for that reason.

I will totally see it just for that reason as well.  Kimiski, thanks for posting the lines she says too! =D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 06:57:03 pm »
Quote from: "Kouta"
^ they didn't film any of it in tokyo, it was all here in america.

*Grabs own previous post, crumbles it and tosses it in the garbage.
Well, so much for that idea.  I'll go watch something else then.

You'd think with a title that includes Tokyo in it they would at least film in Tokyo.

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 12:31:21 am »
^ hehe yeah, they just made a portion of LA look like tokyo
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116266

edit: just noted that they have Alec Empire/Atari Teenage Riot in the soundtrack... track is called speed. Digging up some really old music for this film... interesting for sure.

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 09:46:29 pm »
Some parts of it were shot in Tokyo, but mostly for very small bits of scenery and the like (Shibuya, Akiabara, etc). Everything else was very not Tokyo doridori. Or touge doridori.

Either way, it was lots of fun to stare a Kitagawa in the parts she was in.

Offline BakaBishonen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 10:37:44 pm »
was it me or did some of the big groups of japanese people look cg'ed
ohh and i noticed keiichi tsuchia(the guy who was fishing and smoking on that peir) was in it...hes knows as the real drift king in japan hahah i luv usless info^^
zero kiryu - 95% done

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 02:24:36 am »
Quote from: "BakaBishonen"
ohh and i noticed keiichi tsuchia(the guy who was fishing and smoking on that peir) was in it...hes knows as the real drift king in japan hahah i luv usless info^^

Huh... Ill have to go see it again and look.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 04:28:07 pm »
hmmmm, I remember when that movie used to be called INITAL-D.  :P

cool that it was good though.  it looked like it would just be another lame chapter in the F&F franchise.
The trick is not minding.

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 05:00:32 pm »

Yepyep that was Keiichi Tsuchiya, he is amazing I love how corny he is when he gives his analysis of cars and such <3 (and giving the new miata a 3 out of 10... ouch :p)
There is a movie put on best motoring i believe called "The Drift Bible" where Tsuchiya takes out various vehicles and shows how to drift them, and tells about the different ways to drift... its <3
Not like anyone cares, I just think the guy is pretty cool :)

As for the CG'd people, it kinda looks like it, but there is also alot of bad angles of the crowds that kinda has the sameish effect.

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 06:52:52 pm »
Quote from: "rarnom"

cool that it was good though.  it looked like it would just be another lame chapter in the F&F franchise.

Oh man, InitialD never did anything retarded like up-hill parking garage doridori :(

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 07:11:38 pm »

And I remember when INITAL-D was called Speed Racer
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline BakaBishonen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 07:30:57 pm »
speed racer~? ohh wise one pleaze inform me of what that is, ur knowledge is far beyond my age...jk^^
zero kiryu - 95% done

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 04:05:40 pm »

LOL, yeah, but the Initial D movie wasn't even made in Japan, it was made in Hong Kong. Though the production was done jointly by Hong Kong and Japan, it was filmed entirely in Hong Kong. There were some Japanese actors in it though. Having seen the film, the strangest thing about it was watching the Chinese actors speak Japanese. I've never seen that in a movie, so I was kinda like "Wow" at first.

Oh, and the only things Initial D and Speed Racer have in common are cars and racing. Thats it.

Oh, and I have no intentions to ever see this movie. If it was on TV, and I was bored, I'd watch it, but I probably wouldn't be paying any attention to it.

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 05:10:56 pm »
Its a bad fast and the furious movie yes.... but for just something to watch because you are bored or something its not really that horrible well it is for one reason but i wont say it because its kinda  spoiler but yeah. its not great, but i liked it more than fatf1/2. Still no FC in it though >.>

Offline BakaBishonen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 09:59:56 pm »
Its a bad fast and the furious movie yes.... but for just something to watch because you are bored or something its not really that horrible well it is for one reason but i wont say it because its kinda  spoiler but yeah. its not great, but i liked it more than fatf1/2. Still no FC in it though >.>

its not that bad of a movie, i mean it had cars and japanese girls , what else do u need?
and who need an fc when they that had that bad ass FD
zero kiryu - 95% done

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 10:43:42 pm »

its not that bad of a movie, i mean it had cars and japanese girls , what else do u need?

Instead of boring trendy party girls they should have had hot japanese girls like Yomiko Readman
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 10:44:37 am »

Because I really dont like FDs, although the veilside bodykit is nice and all... the cars have to many inherent problems, the interior is very playskool and breaks if not constantly armor-all'd also if the normal 13B-REW with the stock twin turbos is still in it the engine is only going to last about 120k miles, and that brings up that running the twin turbo in sequential sucks and that most people with and fd run them parallel or just drop the twin turbo all together and get a bigger single. After all is said and done, an FC isn't that much less hp for cheaper. My FC has 220rwhp at 7psi boost (still running stock ecu, and 8psi is when it starts the fuel cut/fuel peak), if I were to buy a better turbo and run it at 8-9psi (with piggyback/standalone ecu) I am sure I would get better. Then get the DTSS elimination bushing kit to fix the rear toe-in under hard cornering, and maybe a new suspension setup (though on mine the stock AAS still works :3), and your still under the price of an FD with marginally less/same rwhp. I suppose I am just jaded though, and think that for what I paid my car is the best :3
My new project is building a miata with a 10:1 weight/power ratio :p
and about the japanese females... i really dont care that much, give me some hot asian guys any day though <3

Offline ambergen87

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 01:57:16 pm »
I LOVED IT!!! *screams* I saw it at the Newberg drive-in. *big grin*
*scratches head* But then again I live in Newberg. *sweatdrop*
Randomness is good for the soul.

The swag lady.

Cosplay for Kumoricon 2011:
Saturday: Lolita
Sunday: Seychelles
Monday: Catgirl Schoolgirl

Friday: Random yukata girl
Sat: Don't know
Sun: Don't know