Author Topic: Vancouver Video: Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms  (Read 5040 times)

Offline jeffry_fisher

• Cabbit
    • Liberating Digital Content
Vancouver Video: Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms
« on: November 08, 2018, 06:41:30 pm »
14 December 2018, 7:30pm:
Grab your house slippers for HD Video night in Jeff's shoe-free home theater (wall-sized projection plus 5.1 surround-sound). Please bring food and (if you imbibe) a drink to share. Veggies and protein are always more popular than sugar and hollow carbs.
With the dialogue being buttressed by English subtitles, this is a social event where we share our insights (symbolism, performers, Easter-eggs etc), a self-made commentary track. If you need to experience this film "pure" before analyzing it, then you want to do so beforehand so you won't mind the chat. FWIW, I have guest WiFi running for "What movie was s/he in?" type questions.

This month's feature will be the anime "Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms" aka "Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana o Kazarô" (MA-15+). An immortal girl and a normal boy meet and become friends, sharing a bond that lasts throughout the years; presented in original Japanese audio with English subtitles. I'll warm-up with anime music videos while we chat and snack. The main attraction won't start until about 8:30, so Portlanders can out-wait most of the evening commute traffic if need be.
I'm near the Padden exit from I-205. PM me for exact address and directions. Call / Text 702-292-1154 if lost.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:48:17 pm by jeffry_fisher »
"People who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"