Author Topic: Candidate Q&A - Chair/President 2019  (Read 2469 times)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Candidate Q&A - Chair/President 2019
« on: November 01, 2018, 08:08:12 pm »
This thread is for questions and answers for the candidates for the 2019 Convention Chair/President of Altonimbus Entertainment.

Please remember the following when participating in the Q&A threads. The normal forum code of conduct applies, except:

There is a partial exemption to the rule that forum discussion cannot be about a person. You may incorporate personal comments, including praise or criticism, into your election questions and answers, and ensuing discussion, but only regarding candidates who are running for a position, or about another person if it is directly entangled with an issue germane to the outcome of the election. In so doing, you must still exercise standard courtesy, and refrain from profanity, disruption of the discussion, excessive vitriol, and irrelevant comments. Please keep in mind that there will be an opportunity for spoken comments at the elections meeting.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Candidate Q&A - Chair/President 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 09:56:26 pm »
Do you have any plans to help with comunication between departments? Both before and at con.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
Re: Candidate Q&A - Chair/President 2019
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:15:11 pm »
First, sorry for the delay in reply.  Second, great question!  Yes.

(Wouldn't that be funny if it were my whole answer?)

Communication, especially cross-departmental communication, is definitely something that can be improved.  It's been getting better, but there's definitely steps we can take to still make it better.   Part of the way to introduce communication is cultural, by encouraging it between groups.  More than once this year, I've ended up playing middleman and, lo and behold, once I actually get them talking to each other, the problem is resolved!

I feel like there are some groups that took some major strides to communicate more this year, and I'm hoping that I can continue to encourage that behavior.  The more we communicate, the more we all know, and the better we're going to work together!