Author Topic: Highlights of KumoriCon 2018  (Read 2632 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
Highlights of KumoriCon 2018
« on: October 29, 2018, 05:48:08 pm »

Well, KumoriCon 2018 is in the books now, and we all have our share of highlights. What are yours?

-----

Man, I have quite a few. I took part in the Anime Pub Trivia, Family Feud and 18+ Jeopardy! games, and came out a winner in all three of them.

Meeting the few VAs I could (Monica Rial, Justin Briner, Jad Saxton and Lauren Landa) also made the con wonderful.

Also, watching the World Series at the convention center's bar also had me excited.

But, wow...... so many good things happened to me this KumoriCon. Share your highlights! :D

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Highlights of KumoriCon 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 02:48:55 pm »

This was the first time since 2015 that I staffed.  It was a major improvement on my experience compared to them, although I still felt somewhat left out of the loop.  In this case, though, it was simply due to me not having much of a clue as to how things worked.

It was also nice being on the Bingo board.  I had a few people take my pic with my "Morty" involved, which made things even greater.

While this wasn't DURING the con itself, I attended the annual membership meeting this past Saturday.  I learned that a single painting that was part of the Charity Auction sold for $4,200.  That alone is almost as much as what was the record for most money raised, set back in 2008.  (I don't know how much was raised during the previous years, though).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh