Author Topic: Plans for the summer!  (Read 6871 times)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Plans for the summer!
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:15:44 am »
What do you all plan to do to get in preparaion for the convention? And what are your plans for the summer months?
I'm 15, so I can't work anywhere like fast food or grocerys, so I'm cleaning and doing handy work for people, along with Babysitting.

^_^ I soooo can't wait for then convention. Looking back at threads form last year, oouuu, It makes so excited!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 10:16:30 am »
lets see right now, costume project wise i'm planing for kendo boyfriends urahara bleach cosplay, making a pattern for it , after i make that i'm to planning sumomo from chobits
actives aand job wise my hours suck but i'm trying to save what i can for my trip , i leave the 23 of june to la for my boyfriens highschool reunion so we spend a week there and hit magic mountain and disny land and the day we leave we go see hyde in concert!!!!!!!
then i cone back and try to save some change up for k-con
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Pocket Ninja

• Sailor Scout
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 10:40:44 am »
I actually wrote a list on this, lol.  My preparations for the con include making my Tifa and Rikku costumes, working out at the gym, and practicing the karaoke routine my friends and I are doing! (fun!)

I want to do so much over the summer! This will be my first summer off since starting college, so I'm really excited about all the free time I'll have. First, I want to play WoW and get my character to level 60.  then finish some of the games I've bought and haven't played through yet. I'm also going to Canada for my cousin's wedding and my grandpa's 90th birthday, and Newport for some crabbing.  

I think those are the main things I wanna do. Oh, and hang out with friends!
Kumoricon! Wahoo!

(order of cosplay might change)
Saturday- Rikku (FFX)
Sunday- Tifa (FF:AC)
Monday- Mana-sama (maybe)

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 10:45:47 am »
I'm gonna be working at McDonald's, and maybe a computer repair place, saving up for the convention.

I'm also racing saturdays, so yeah, that takes up a day a week.

fun stuff  :roll:

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Ichiro (Nerima Daikon Brothers)
Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)
Possibly more...

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:44:11 am »
Going down to Phoenix, AZ july, then hope to be able to go to the Moi dix Mois concert [canceled T_T] the day I get back (sister's wedding). Otherwise just working on my car (RX-7) and going out for "spirited drives" with it and my monthly car meetup. Oh working at gamestop too... and thats about it, and trying not to melt *nods*
(other than the cosplay costume of course, but thats a given)

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 02:06:09 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
i leave the 23 of june to la for my boyfriens highschool reunion so we spend a week there and hit magic mountain and disny land and the day we leave we go see hyde in concert!!!!!!!
then i cone back and try to save some change up for k-con

You'll be in my neck of the woods. Hey, if you're driving and pass through Bakersfield, wave. I may not see it, but I will sense it O.O.... ^.^

This summer I'm working at Taco Hell, but with out a job I wouldn't be able to do my cosplay which is another of my projects along with getting my college career started and trying to head down to Pasadena whenever possible to visit my BF Yoshitaka Ishida ^.^ He's a smhexy japanese drummer. Kawaii!!
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 05:11:19 pm »
I'll be working 48-56 hours per week until August, maybe more some weeks. I am so not looking forward to coming in 4 early and leaving 4 late. Hopefully that won't happen.

I hope to meet some of you before the Kumoricon.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 07:13:03 pm »
Currently I'm job hunting so hopefully I'll be working somewhere during the summer.  I'm also going to work on my manga and, god willing, be able to submit it to Tokyopop.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 11:51:38 pm »
I'll be trying to find my costumes at goodwill and borrow a video camera to use as both a tool for the con and a prop.

I'll also be running my role playing games, working,  and hopefully getting a few of the Survival Horror Society guys together for a trip to the coast.

....if they'll speak to me. Hello!?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 01:14:07 am »
Spend the next 30 days looking for a job. When I fail and end up being forced to go to school without a grant or a loan and immediately go $1,000+ in debt and filing for bankruptcy at a young age effectively ruining my credit for the rest of the decade and maybe even beyond. By the time of the convention, I should be homeless and slowly rotting in the streets.

The sad part, it's a real possibility... While it's highly unlikely, it's still a possibility.

The only thing I hate about Oregon right now is the employers. As far as I'm concerned, managers and employers don't know a thing, especially when it comes to hiring people. I've been passed over for people with less experience than I have and right now, I've got very little experience *sighs* I love this state, but I HATE the unemployment issue.

I'll be working out, right now at home and I MIGHT start going to a gym for more thorough workouts... My mind isn't working. Ahem, well, uhm, I'll be playing the new Naruto Card Game and hopefully will become known in that community because Bandai owns the rights to that game and they might still have the rights for an Evangelion card game, which I have one that needs to be picked up by a company, desperately. If it does get picked up, I'll have some cushion money at the very least... I may even have a career but I really don't feel like moving out of state to do so.

Outside of that, if I get a job, get a car and go storm chasing with my other meteorologist/weatherman friend who's coming down from Seattle for the summer (he goes to school in Seattle) which would be the ultimate thrill... Mmm... Chasing severe thunderstorms and hopefully seeing my first tornado... It makes me excited.

Of course, to top it all off, K-Con.

I could go on and on but I've already rambled on long enough.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 06:47:32 am »
I work alot so I imagine that is what I will be doing for most of the summer.  

Hopes for the summer:

1.) I really want to make it to a beach at least once, I haven't been to the coasts over here yet and I want to see if they are any warmer than the Atlantic ocean.

2.) I also want to go to Seattle for a day or two with my boyfriend to meet some friends we met on a forum back in the day and also to just see what it is like.

3.) Flea Markets lots of flea markets.. Can you tell I like to shop?

4.) Learn to sew and either buy or find a friend with a sewing machine and somehow figure out how to make my costume

5.) Get back into physical activity, DDR, volleyball, swimming, Pump it Up

6.) MAKE A LOT OF NEW FRIENDS!

Ok, and I think that is about it =D Not really that ambitious

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 01:37:12 pm »
I'll be taking Masters classes a couple days a week and playing way too much YuGiOh.
The trick is not minding.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 01:39:54 pm »
Graduating on the 10th then 13th going to mexico for a week or so get back get a job(hopefull like construction or something) then in mid july head to santa cruz for a bit see some family come back up here. Play ALOT of Lacrosse and then wait for the con!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 11:05:19 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
1.) I really want to make it to a beach at least once, I haven't been to the coasts over here yet and I want to see if they are any warmer than the Atlantic ocean.

Don't get your hopes up too high.  The Oregon Coast is pretty cold and in the summer it's only mildly warm.  Still there's Old Town, the Aquarium, the dunes, etc.
I'd expect the the East Coasts being warmer given the ocean currents.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 11:40:03 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Quote from: "leashy"

Don't get your hopes up too high.  The Oregon Coast is pretty cold and in the summer it's only mildly warm.  Still there's Old Town , the Aquarium, the dunes, etc.
I'd expect the the East Coasts being warmer given the ocean currents.

and an open dare to any one who can put a pocky box and kumoricon flyer in the pocket of the hobbit in the Riplies Museum in Old Town
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Pocket Ninja

• Sailor Scout
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 12:32:51 am »
Quote from: "Vondan"

and an open dare to any one who can put a pocky box and kumoricon flyer in the pocket of the hobbit in the Riplies Museum in Old Town

Oh, I'm taking it. I'll make sure to get a pic. Any preference as to what flavor? lol
Kumoricon! Wahoo!

Saturday- Rikku (FFX)

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 01:56:57 am »

As the resident meteorologist, just let me say this... Prepare to be very disappointed. Even if you go on a warm day (like the 96 degree day last month) the water temperature tends to be cool to cold all year... Even in Southern California, where water temps rarely raise above 75 degrees and for the most part, stay in the 60s all year (and that's California, lower that number a little bit at the very least for Oregon coastal waters) whereas many Eastern seaboard water temps tend to be warm... Well, warm enough to sustain hurricanes, which waters off of California struggle to do... Since the last (and thus, the only time) a hurricane has directly impacted California was in 1858.

*Coughs* Yes, well, science lecture aside. The water's cold here. So if you're going to go to the beach, wait for a nice and warm day. Just be careful, you don't want to be hanging out in 80 degree+ air and then jump into the relatively frigid waters of the Eastern Pacific ocean, it can be dangerous.

...The more you know.

And now, I'm off to do research on California tropical storms and events.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline spicylemon

• Sailor Scout
    • http://spicylemon.deviantart.com/
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 12:33:22 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
actives aand job wise my hours suck but i'm trying to save what i can for my trip , i leave the 23 of june to la for my boyfriens highschool reunion so we spend a week there and hit magic mountain and disny land and the day we leave we go see hyde in concert!!!!!!!

Ooh, me too! Are you going to the Anaheim HOB one? I'll be spending a few days at Disneyland, enveloped around the concert date as well. And then a rollercoaster road trip with my mom's best friend and her family, ehehe. And, if I'm really lucky, and my mom is feeling especially nice, I might go to AX. The only reason I really want to go is because Romi Paku will be there! But I have no one to go with, loooooooooool. .____.'''

I'll also be taking a college-prepatory art course at Pacific Northwest College of Art from July 10th to August 4th. Which makes me not want to get a job, because they are from 9am to 5pm every weekday, and I want some freetime this summer. ;____________;

But I'll definitely be spending all of August anticipating the convention. Even now I can't help but giggle madly when I think about it. Ehehehehlaksjfdd!
LAWLIET!! XD

Suoh Tamaki - 2006
~~ yay for pinatas! WHOO!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 12:46:57 pm »
Quote from: "Pocket Ninja"

Oh, I'm taking it. I'll make sure to get a pic. Any preference as to what flavor? lol

Longbottom Leaf Pipe Weed Flavor

Ohhh Ohhh Ohh Mr Carter

I know what the perfect prize for doing this (with Picture)

A Leather Naruto Ninja headband with the Eye of Sauron acid eteched onto the metal plat.  A Mordor Clan Ninja
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 09:23:37 pm »
KUMORICON!!!!! Amvs...Amvs...Amvs... Beach...AMvs... fanfiction.. fanfiction... maybe summer school... don know at the moment... JOB!! and uh.... NO SCHOOL! hopefully... -_-

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Pocket Ninja

• Sailor Scout
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 01:18:13 am »
Quote from: "Pocket Ninja"

Longbottom Leaf Pipe Weed Flavor

Ohhh Ohhh Ohh Mr Carter

I know what the perfect prize for doing this (with Picture)

A Leather Naruto Ninja headband with the Eye of Sauron acid eteched onto the metal plat.  A Mordor Clan Ninja

Sweet. I'm going there with my family late August so you'll have plenty of time to get cracking on that prize!
Kumoricon! Wahoo!

Saturday- Rikku (FFX)

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 02:58:19 pm »
I am hoping at the end of summer just before fall term I will be taking a week in Japan. I plan to do make a project out of it for Japanese class. I can see it now....

And heres pictures of the schoolgirls from shibuya
the schoolgirls of Daiba
the schoolgirls of Narita
the schoolgirls on the train
the... whys everyone staring at me like that? 0.o;

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 05:02:52 pm »
Quote from: "Daxe"
I am hoping at the end of summer just before fall term I will be taking a week in Japan. I plan to do make a project out of it for Japanese class. I can see it now....

the schoolgirls of Daiba

I don't know your schedule but if you can, try going to Harajuku on a Sunday and head for the bridge next to the station.  Why?  Goth girls and J-pop cosplayers.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2006, 08:49:06 am »

the schoolgirls of Daiba

Ouuu, pleeeaasseee take pcitures in Shibuya! ^_^ The Shibuya gals are my super favorite... (Haha, I'm a really big GALS! fan, and I loove ganguro/yamanba girls... yay for loose socks.)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 03:44:50 pm »
Daxe wrote:

the schoolgirls of Daiba

What no maid pics?

No trip to Jinbocho to all the bookstores? R.O.D. the Series.

You could go to Yokusuka, and find out who the head Honcho is. This is the town where we got that word from.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline nonomi_ikari

• Sailor Scout
    • http://fionarea.deviantart.com
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 08:52:35 am »
I Think I'm just gonna go to Rampages and Fandemonium...School starts right before KCon. ;_; Idaho sucks, but...yeah....we get out sooner than you guys! ^^ After this KCon, I won't have school for a while! ~dances around with joy~

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1065989/
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 12:58:14 pm »
EUROPE! I am going to EUROPE! I am so drop dead exited it's amazing I havn't ...uh...dropped dead.

the unfortunate death of Sephiroth

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1065989/
Plans for the summer!
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 12:59:34 pm »

the schoolgirls of Daiba

And post all the pics here so we can look at them.

the unfortunate death of Sephiroth