Author Topic: Dubs are Better than Subs: Change My Mind  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Dubs are Better than Subs: Change My Mind
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:30:06 pm »

This panel will be an opportunity for fun, RESPECTFUL dialogue between anime fans on various topics.  Using a similar (yet simpler) format to that of Steven Crowder, this panel will begin with a point that I believe that many of us disagree with.  This is to exchange ideas and voice opinions that we may not normally feel comfortable sharing.

I would like to encourage people to present their own opinions to discuss, as well.  Perhaps you have something that I or others in attendance hadn't thought of before.  Just in case, I plan on coming with a large selection of talking points, but the one in the title WILL be the one I open with.  (This is of course assuming that the panel gets approved).

I want to have each topic be focused on for no more than ten minutes, but would be willing to go longer if the crowd really wants us to continue.  That said, I would prefer just one presenter per topic, though if they are done quickly enough, we may have a second person chime in, too.  With that in mind, if one of you presents a topic and someone else wants to present a counter argument, I will gladly allow that person to speak, as well (especially if I happen to agree with the person bringing up said topic).

If you do choose to actively get involved, I ask that the topics be anime-specific only.  No real-world politics.  No sports.  No food preferences.  I may be okay with other geeky-oriented fields, like video games or sci-fi shows, but I make no promises.  ;)

The key to all of this: It's supposed to be FUN.  Let's try to keep it that way, shall we?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
Re: Dubs are Better than Subs: Change My Mind
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 02:40:37 pm »
Are you looking for questions or is that what you do at the panel?

Sounds like it could be a fun idea either way! Be fun to argue if an anime is good or just over hyped.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Dubs are Better than Subs: Change My Mind
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:27:11 am »
It's what I'd like to offer others at the panel to do.  I will have a list of several topics (with the Dubs vs. Subs being the opener) in the event that others have nothing to bring up.  It is my hope to get people to share their own, partially because I don't want it to come off as me griping for a couple of hours.  ;D
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh