Author Topic: BNHA panel anyone?(APPROVED)Super Nerds: a My Hero Academia Panel!!  (Read 3985 times)

Offline HawkeProbably

• Oni
    • Etsy: InnocentStore
Hey all!! I was thinking of trying to do a panel for the first time. I've been cosplaying and going to Kumo for 7 years now, but I've just... never done it?

I'm planning to go as Hawks (he's a recent character from the manga, for those confused) on one of the days, and I just thought it would be great to put something fun together!! (UPDATE: I got most of this costume done before the color reference came out for Hawks, so my costume won't be super canon-compliant. It's mostly just a darker color palette.)

I was thinking an hour or so of games, maybe with an ask-the-panel section? but mostly games!!

Game ideas:
1. "Guess That Super"
  • Pick someone from the audience to give their worst description of one of the characters from the show, and ask someone on the other side of the audience, or the panelists, to guess who it is. The person who guesses right gets a small prize, but if the description stumps the whole room, the person who gave it gets a slightly larger prize!!
2. The classic "In A Fight, Who Would Win?" debate
  • Pick two audience members, each gives the name of a character from the show, and the audience gets to watch the panelists debate over who would win!! Whoever suggested the winner gets a prize, but both get one if it's a stalemate. "Bonus" round would be suggesting tag-teams of characters.
3. "Madlib fanfiction"
  • The panelists would draw up an off-the-wall fanfiction with missing words (names, places, descriptors, you know) that the audience fills in. Once all the blanks are filled, we read it aloud. (Hard rule: it's not going to be shipping fanfiction because I don't want to start discourse/make the audience uncomfortable.)
Feel free to suggest more!! I also know a whole bunch of improv games (namely: Party Quirks, Two-Line Vocabulary, and Weird Newscasters) we could pull audience members into for participation from years of high school drama club, in a pinch. I really just want this panel to be engaging for everyone, and to be fun even for audience members who end up just watching. The idea is to joke around and have a good time in-character for an hour or two.

Any panelists who join me would be part of drawing up the rules for the panel. I'd also like to have a group discord or texting thread of sorts for us to communicate fast and easy.

That's all!! please let me know ASAP if you're at all interested in joining me! Thank you for your time and attention!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:27:18 pm by HawkeProbably »
Ruth, they/them

Lineup: Hawks (bnha), Allen Walker (dgm), Lenalee Lee (dgm)

Offline HawkeProbably

• Oni
Update!!

The panel was approved! I'm excited. Still looking for more panelists to join/help me out, too. I have a very shaky maybe from an Aizawa cosplayer, but I really don't know if they're even going to Kumo this year in the first place, much less if they're committed to joining me on the panel if they do attend the con.

NEW UPDATE: I have a friend lined up to cosplay... someone? and be on the panel with me if I don't get help, but I would still seriously appreciate it if someone could join me on this panel.

I'll put in another update when I know what day the panel will be on, and the general timeframe it'll take place in.

I'd really love to hear any interest in this, even if it's just people saying they'd like to be in the audience.

NEW UPDATE: added the 3 improv games I picked out for the panel that would work well for bnha and are generally fun and PG-13 friendly to the original post.

NEW UPDATE: I plan to make little resin bottlecap safetypins with bnha slogans (all hand-made by myself. I'm going to hand-draw the designs as well) as prizes.

Good luck in these last few weeks before con everyone!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:57:28 pm by HawkeProbably »
Ruth, they/them

Offline Thv_smartist

• Oni
Howdy!

I'm super interested in this panel and I'd love to get on board, if possible! I sent an email a little bit ago! If you have the time, think about looking it over!
Jaiden/Sai 🌹

Kumoricon cosplay plan:

Day 1: Kai Chisaki/Overhaul
Day 2: Hououin Kyouma
Day 3: Yosetsu Awase or Alois Trancy
(Rough lineup)

Offline HawkeProbably

• Oni
Howdy!

I'm super interested in this panel and I'd love to get on board, if possible! I sent an email a little bit ago! If you have the time, think about looking it over!

Great!! I looked it over now and I'm about to reply. Thank you so much!!
Ruth, they/them