Author Topic: First time doing all 3 day's need advice.  (Read 2987 times)

Offline KiddeathJR

• Oni
First time doing all 3 day's need advice.
« on: May 15, 2017, 07:03:25 am »
Did the con for on day lats year, This year i am doing all three days. I have booked a room @ the double tree and I was wondering What is the one thing to do besides the Panels? What ar the rooms like and is their any good restrunts near by the hotel? The thing I am looking forward to is the Cosplay contest, Loved last years, I think this is better than Rose city and Wizard world.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:03:53 am by KiddeathJR »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: First time doing all 3 day's need advice.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:57:31 pm »
Panels are a large part, but by far not the only things to do. I personally go to cosplay, and see the other cosplayers for the most part. Ya know, just hang out with like minded people and make new friends. I also go for Autographs when there are guests I have things for them to sign. There are a few eateries in the convention center. There's one on the bottom floor near where they had the vendors hall last year, and while expensive, it was very tasty. I can't say much for anywhere else..There's a little coffee place, but I don't drink coffee so....But their pastries were pretty good. It's basically like a starbucks, but with a different name.

So as far as cosplay goes, if you're a character that is going to get attention (either popular character, or one with lots of detail and sticks out in the crowd), then have fun trying to go anywhere without being stopped for pics. In this case, you won't need to worry about what to do, because you might not have time to do them with all the stopping for pics lol.

Can't say anything about the contest though. I don't enter.

Totally forgot about the hotel..lol That's the hotel we stayed at last year, and at Newcon 4, and Will be for this Kumoricon. Anyway, the rooms aren't much different than any other hotel room. If you've ever stayed in a hotel, they aren't much different. Nothing special.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:01:00 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline BloodyBuTtTerFly

• Cabbit
Re: First time doing all 3 day's need advice.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 06:59:43 pm »
The one thing to do that isn't a panel? How about 6  :)
1. Cosplay, take pictures of cosplayers/have your picture taken, go to a photo shoot of a favorite anime/video game/movie, chat with cosplayers and learn new skills, hug a favorite character
2. Video games they have a whole area you can play em and have contests. Last years Street Fighter was fun, someone played F.A.N.G and no one knew what to do with him as he isn't played because of how low he is. Was super fun to watch, laugh and chat with other players. They even had a working DDR machine and Karaoke with a stage
3. Board games another area FULL of board games with LOTS of players happy to play with you and or teach you how to play.
4. Get Autographs of from favorite stars
5. Merchant Booths its easy to spend hours in there while debating on if you really need that epic shirt. Also gives ya a reason to buy a mystery bag and take what you don't want to the swap meet. I've gotten some nice stuff that way, just last year got a cool Eevee plush.
6. Artist Ally I LOVE going there, seeing what art they come up with for favorite characters and shows, its one of a kind art. I got a great pokemon sushi poster I love that my sushi chief wants a copy of for his restaurant.
Also the video games and board game area are kept open after midnight for events and night owls.

Don't know anything about the Double Tree. You can always look up online reviews, sometimes they help.

As commented before me there is food in the convention center, its pricey and some of it was ok. The nachos made one of my group sick. But they had pizza, salted/chocolate covered nuts and ice cream that was good. There is a Dennys, Burger Vill and Red Robbin like a block away. I cant remember the name but there was this little place about a block away from the motel 6 heading away from the convention center, was nice good teriyaki chicken and quesadilla with chips. If your a picky eater its kinda hard but its portland so its all good. I went out for sushi and VooDoo Donuts  8)

When they release the scheduled in Oct you will be able to see all the stuff and plan what to do when. I'm sure you wont have a bored moment.