Author Topic: No Forum Button On Main Page Now?  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
No Forum Button On Main Page Now?
« on: May 04, 2017, 10:53:33 pm »
PFFT! NVM....I'm dumb, ignore this..I realized it was actually moved....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:58:53 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Re: No Forum Button On Main Page Now?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 02:08:28 pm »
Never fear, it's under "Get Involved". Some of the menus were getting crowded so we moved thing a bit.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:08:52 pm by JeffT »
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:02:50 pm »
I think it would be a good idea to put it back in front again. That way it's more noticeable and the way it is now might be a reason why it's gotten less active.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 11:04:37 pm »
I think it would be a good idea to put it back in front again. That way it's more noticeable and the way it is now might be a reason why it's gotten less active.

Yea I feel the same. Though I didn't mention it here in my previous reply because it's likely just talking to a wall (as in me or anyone else saying it will not actually do anything, not that the mods here are bad, they are actually usually very nice lol).
It WOULD be easier, and would let future con goers see that forums are still active, but honestly, who really comes here in the first place anymore? Us where here before that change? lol It's easier to do things in a forum layout, but no one cares about forums anymore..Everything seems to be on facebook now. Not just this stuff but literally everything..Like if the word facebook or twitter isn't a part of it, no know would know where to go because it's all anyone knows anymore haha

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 01:10:29 am »
It is frustrating. I think it'd help to link the forums at front again. I feel that it's easier to notice.
This board used to be more active when the con was approaching and I'd like to see it get that way again.
I used to have an easy time holding Team Haberkorn dinners when I posted topics about them here, but now it's gotten hard just because practically no one comes anymore.
I want to keep doing them because they've been a lot of fun, but even when I posted about it at Facebook, it went under the radar.

A few years ago, I made a topic here asking if message boards were still important and a number of people responded with good reasons that I agree with.
They said that it's much easier to arrange gatherings and share pictures compared to Facebook, because you can find what gets posted a lot more easily.
Hopefully, we can get more people to start posting again at around con time.

Offline Himeno

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 04:25:14 am »
I just came to the site looking for the forum. Couldn't find a link on the main page for it and wondered if it still existed given the silly tread of conventions  moving forums to worse platforms that don't do the job (eg facebook).

Had to do a google search to find it.