Author Topic: Running RPG games and a panel, ideas?  (Read 3213 times)

Offline DiscoSoup

• Oni
Running RPG games and a panel, ideas?
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:39:52 pm »
Hi,

I'm Jake. I write RPGs and since last year Kumoricon is my favorite Portland-based con (with RCCC in second place). I was wondering if this is the place to talk about setting up an RPG table and maybe a panel about writing games. I've got several topics. Which sound most interesting?

-Autism/Aspergers/Bipolar Disorder
-Kickstarting your game (I've done two campaigns, both of which exceeded their goals and are released/on track for release)
-Breaking into the RPG industry (I've worked/work for lots of big companies in the industry, including Alderac, Mongoose and Modiphius)
-Producing your books, from finding writers, editors, artists and layout people to doing any of these yourself

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Running RPG games and a panel, ideas?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:58:16 am »
This sounds like an awesome idea!  If you want to increase the chances of getting noticed in the forums, you may want to try the Panels & et cetera section.

https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?board=50.0
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Worldbridge

• Oni
Re: Running RPG games and a panel, ideas?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 07:24:12 am »
Interesting... I have a deep interest in all of your potential gaming topics, including Anime, Gaming and Neurodiversity. I am more than willing to help with a Neurodiversity / RPG Design panel (as I not only have Asperger's and survived encephalitis, giving me a unique perspective on geekiness & neurodiversity, but am also planning at least one unique anime-based LARP for next Kumoricon).

So, yeah... Do you think we could talk? Cause I was hoping to be part of at least one panel too...

Thanks,
Micah (AKA Worldbridge)