Author Topic: Any other cons on the western side of Wa/Or that are anime related?  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
I already know about Sakuracon, Kumoricon (obviously right lol) and Chibi Chibi con. I don't want to count Kuronekocon because I can't get there to attend, or anything else going over to eastern Wa. And yes, I know of Akicon, which is not something I want to attend anymore. it's the same weekend as Kumoricon, so I'd rather pick Kumoricon. and Yes, I also know about Newcon and Anime PDX. [Snippet removed per forum rules. -Moderator]
So other than the 3 first ones I mentioned, are there any others in the western side of Wa and Or that have anime as part of the con? I know about the comicons, but those are pretty much comic related only. I mostly go to cons to film, but I do go to panels and other event's like autographs as well as buy anime figures and merch that I unbox on my YouTube channel. I'm not into the comic scene, so I wouldn't have a good of a time because I wouldn't attend any panels or events because they won't interest me, nor would I even bother with the exhibit hall because I don't get comic merch.

If anyone that replies could link the websites for whatever you let me know about, that'd be awesome.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:03:00 pm by JeffT »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Going specifically with anime-oriented cons, I believe that you've covered all of them already.  There are other geeky cons that would welcome anime, such as Rose City Comic Con.  https://rosecitycomiccon.com/  (I know that this year, Brent Spiner will be there).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Going specifically with anime-oriented cons, I believe that you've covered all of them already.  There are other geeky cons that would welcome anime, such as Rose City Comic Con.  https://rosecitycomiccon.com/  (I know that this year, Brent Spiner will be there).

I know anime cosplay and stuff is welcome and whatever, that wasn't the point. The point was there's nothing anime related going on. It caters to the comic scene, which I'm not into. So I won't get any autographs, merch or go to and panels. Thus being a waste of money to go, since I'm not DOING anything that I go to cons for.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Any other cons on the western side of Wa/Or that are anime related?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 09:32:13 am »
Which is a fair point; it's one of the reasons why I've never officially attended RCCC.  I'm only mildly into the comic scene myself, but they do have other things, too; that's why I brought it up.  ;)
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Rurutie8

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 08:24:48 pm »
Consider these anime conventions: 
(1) Miyakocon, Salem, OR, February
(2) Ba-con, Bellingham, WA, May
(3) Kobe-con, Everett, WA, June

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 10:33:59 pm »
Consider these anime conventions: 
(1) Miyakocon, Salem, OR, February
(2) Ba-con, Bellingham, WA, May
(3) Kobe-con, Everett, WA, June

Been seeing that first one around at other cons. Might attend this time. It's VERY close to newcon though, which I get in for free, but still need to pay the hotel cost, which means I might not have the money for this one, newcon and sakuracon (sakuracon I will NOT miss regardless).

Ba-Con doesn't have any info..Site is down and everything.

Don't see Kobe-Con getting far. I can't imagine it will even last a few hours. You can't go into a mall with large weapons and elaborate cosplays and not close off the mall to the public....Anyone there not going for the con will make complaints and the con will be kicked out very fast. That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.