Author Topic: We Are X Screening  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Animator_Janel.RN

• Oni
We Are X Screening
« on: July 19, 2017, 03:23:59 pm »

I want to screen the Rock-umentary We Are X, and I'm curious if there was interest in seeing this at Kumoricon. I got the opportunity to watch it at Anime Expo in LA and this is a great introduction to the Japanese band X Japan. It's condensed but precise history of X Japan's success and struggles as the days count down to their show at Madison Square Garden in New York.

X Japan is one of the few Japanese rock bands to have International success, and had their music featured in X/1999 and Buddha (2011).

I also need to know what do I do if the documentary does gain interest? Like do I talk to the director Stephen Kijak to get an ok to screen, are there separate fees to get permission,  along with any additional fees to screen on kumoricon's equipment, etc?

I'm brand new to all this so feedback is much appreciated.  :)

Offline BellDue

• Cabbit
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 03:59:00 pm »
Greetings from the Relations team! Thank you so much for the recommendation and idea! I'm Sam, the Director of Relations for Kumoricon. Typically my team handles coordinating these sort of screenings and would need to work directly with the distributors to get a showing. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at relations@kumoricon.org~

Offline Animator_Janel.RN

• Oni
Re: We Are X Screening
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 11:39:00 am »
Cool thanks Sam!