Author Topic: Candidate Q&A - Director of Publicity 2017  (Read 2613 times)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Candidate Q&A - Director of Publicity 2017
« on: November 02, 2016, 10:02:27 pm »
This thread is for questions and answers for the candidates for the 2017 Director of Publicity of Altonimbus Entertainment.

Please remember the following when participating in the Q&A threads. The normal forum code of conduct applies, except:

There is a partial exemption to the rule that forum discussion cannot be about a person. You may incorporate personal comments, including praise or criticism, into your election questions and answers, and ensuing discussion, but only regarding candidates who are running for a position, or about another person if it is directly entangled with an issue germane to the outcome of the election. In so doing, you must still exercise standard courtesy, and refrain from profanity, disruption of the discussion, excessive vitriol, and irrelevant comments. Please keep in mind that there will be an opportunity for spoken comments at the elections meeting.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
Re: Candidate Q&A - Director of Publicity 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 10:06:13 pm »

What are some of the things from this year that you think went really well in this department?
What are some of the things from this year that you think need to be improved on in this department?

What makes you think you're right for this position?

Are then any points that you can help improve in other departments if you're director if this one?

And because I have your attention, who isn't your favorite person?
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
Re: Candidate Q&A - Director of Publicity 2017
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:39:04 am »
Quote from: Dealrith
What are some of the things from this year that you think went really well in this department?

The release of the plushie and a lot of the new things we tried with press went really well.
[/size]
What are some of the things from this year that you think need to be improved on in this department?[/size]

inventory tracking, merchandise management, and at-con social media management.

[/size]
What makes you think you're right for this position?[/size]

I have a lot of experience in all of the fields associated with my department. There are areas I'm less strong on, but I have a solid team and I know enough to direct them in their duties. I have a strong passion for getting the word out about the event and helping it thrive.

[/size]
Are then any points that you can help improve in other departments if you're director if this one?[/size]

I've been working on helping facilitate better communication between the departments as well as starting committees te better facilitate teamwork on projects that should be shared between departments.

[/size]
And because I have your attention, who isn't your favorite person?
you ;) <3
Position history:

2013: Cosplay Staff
2013: Tabletop Staff
2014: Main Events Staff
2014: Outreach Staff
2015: Assistant Director of Publicity