Author Topic: rants/ rave 2017  (Read 11161 times)

Offline derek anthony

• Cabbit
rants/ rave 2017
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:46:13 pm »
this year was one of the best run cons, so I don't really have much to rant about,
the only flaw was the merchandise booth running out of stuff early in the con, like on Friday we sold out of a couple styles of pins,  other then that , there were not very many issues ,

Offline Blender

• Chibi
Re: rants/ rave 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:51:36 am »
Those were limited edition pins so of course they ran out quickly.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:23:33 pm »
I posted a rant earlier. Where did it go?

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 09:37:55 pm »
One suggestion I have for next year is to bring back the question lines for the guest panels for ones where a large turn-out is expected.
That way, if you have one to ask, you don't have to worry about not being called on.
I also thought the line for Todd Haberkorn's late night panel could've been handled better.
And the next time the Kumoricon website gets a makeover, I'd like both the links for the message board and Facebook page be seen on the main list of links instead of a sub-section. That way, they'll both be much more noticeable.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:39:39 pm by PaladinCecil79 »

Offline BloodyBuTtTerFly

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 08:57:59 am »
My only rant for this year is people cutting in line. I know staff does what they can to stop that its just one of those things that gets under my skin. You wait in line for something and while everyone is entering people pop in who didn't wait the 20 plus mins in line. Maybe more poles with ropes for things if it can be done.

I missed not having the food venders in the exhibit hall. I loved that last year. Was really sad not to see them again. Though it did help my wallet this year as last I just kept eating there noms, so tasty.

Everything seemed really good this year. Was super happy to see the swap meet at a much better time then last year and a GREAT space. I just wish they would add a donation box to it. So things you got in a grab bag that you don't like and didn't want to take home you could donate to something or maybe they could put the donations into a basket and put it in the silent auction the following year.

Offline Xella

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • Crazy Shirt Lady
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 06:22:02 am »
As a creator whose inventory consists pretty equally of original content and fan content, I found the separation of traditional Artist's Alley tables and original content tables confusing (and the greater cost of the more restrictive table type baffling—why would I ever pay more to not be able to sell half my products?).  If there is a difference between them, I feel that difference needs to be more explicitly stated in the future.

Offline KiddeathJR

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 07:42:34 pm »
     Loved the Maid Cafe. Our Made was Wonderful, I do hope you bring that back this up and coming year. The one thing i was not happy about is that the hotel staff keep wanting to take away my plate when i was not done. They keep hovering over me every 5 min to take the plate.

Offline Lyndsie

• Oni
    • Kumoricon
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 12:00:18 pm »
My only rant was that during one of the Raves I got separated with a friend and she didnt have her phone with her. I didnt see her in the room where the rave was so I left to see if she sat down elsewhere. I didn't find her outside of the rave I tried to go back into the rave to look for her but they wouldn't let me back in. I am under 18 and it had just turned 12 am so I understand that side of it but I feel like someone on the staff could have helped me find my friend. I went to more than one staff member to see if they would help and none of them did. A couple tried to kick me out of the con space which I was not willing to leave until I found my friend. I had to ask other con goes over 18 to go and get her out of the rave. I understand that after 12 am anyone under 18 has to leave but I dont think it was okay to try and kick me out when I have already said I have a friend lost in the con space. I hope 2018 will be a better with this.