Poll

How big of a con go'er ARE you?

I start planning for next years the day I get back from the last one!
21 (87.5%)
I only start planning once it starts to get a little cloer.
3 (12.5%)
Ah, give me a bought cosplay and ill register at the door. Why go through all the hype?
0 (0%)
I just show up if I decide to go. Not in Cosplay.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: November 27, 2005, 04:04:33 am

Author Topic: Back in the Habit  (Read 5014 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Back in the Habit
« on: November 27, 2005, 04:04:33 am »
Well, Kumoricon 2005 is long long gone. T.T I can still remember just arriving to see the Pocky Clubs huge conga line! Then all of a sudden I'm going down the huge see through elevators to put my luggae in the car to go home to Salem. Now, looking forward to Kcon2006, I've already started looking to get my cosplay together, im registered and getting my group together!!!

So what about you guys? Are you already working on your third cosplay or are you guys going to wait tell later in the year? IM to excited to wait!! Im getting everything started now!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
Back in the Habit
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 10:56:21 am »
kcon 05 was great ; it was my first one too! :3

it gets you really hyped up for the next one. i've already decided on my cosplays, and i'm already in a group planning to do a skit. i really need to start making my costume, though ... and get registered. X3
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Back in the Habit
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 12:40:15 pm »
I enjoyed k-con 2005, but i had a much better time at k-con 2004.  I still plan on going to the 2006 con and I am sure I'll preregister by the deadline so I can get the nice price.  I usually don't start getting psyched about it until June/July though...
The trick is not minding.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Back in the Habit
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 02:03:21 pm »
I'm excited for next year but it's more like slight anticipation at the moment.  Wait until June-ish and then you'll see a definite change in me.  (well, online at least)

I already have my cosplay ideas for next year.  I'm still going to bring my Lupin cosplay and I plan on making a Tom Riddle costume.  :twisted:

The Lupin one is basically done already.  Tom Riddle just requires me to make a different cloak (all black); I have to buy one of those Slytherin badges and see if there's a head-boy or prefect badge as well; and then I have to buy a journal/diary, make a tooth or find one, and connect it to or drive it through the journal/diary.

So I guess I have plans already but when I'll do it is the next question.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Back in the Habit
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 02:17:22 pm »
I'm doing my planning for Animeoasis and Sakuracon right now, I'll plan for Kumoricon after I get back from those.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Back in the Habit
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 12:27:49 am »
Quote from: "rarnom"
I enjoyed k-con 2005, but i had a much better time at k-con 2004.  I still plan on going to the 2006 con and I am sure I'll preregister by the deadline so I can get the nice price.  I usually don't start getting psyched about it until June/July though...

Yeah. I enjoyed Kcon04 alot better. And yet, there seemed to be alot more to do at Kcon2005. I probably seem to like Kcon04 more though because it was my first convention so everything was new. I cant wait tell the next one. Im going to the dollar tree and buying a bunch of glow in the dark sticks for the dance, which was AWESOME. The only thing not to look forward to is when the new Kcon starts, that means another school year just a couple days after it ends for me... T.T lol.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Back in the Habit
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 08:01:44 pm »
Last year was my first con. ^^ My friends and I started planning as soon as it was over!

I had such an amazing time! There was so much to do, and so little time to get to see everything. But since it was my first con I wasn't sure what to expect and I wasn't very social. But at KumoriCon 06 I definally plan to be more social and meet a bunch of new people. And this summer I plan to start touching up my cosplay costume and getting it ready. I can't wait!

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Back in the Habit
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 09:23:37 am »
^_^ I'm palnning to go to the con~ I'm soooo excited!!
>.>;;
I already have my cosplay planned out and I /might/ be getting a Baby The Stars Shine Bright (!!!) dress for X-mas, but I don't know... ^^ Either way it'll be good...
I want some pocky! -glomps Kimiski-

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Back in the Habit
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 11:56:48 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
The only thing not to look forward to is when the new Kcon starts, that means another school year just a couple days after it ends for me... T.T lol.

Oh man, tell me about it.  Imagine starting up work after a summer off! :shock:   I was having the WORST post-con blues after the 2004 con and it was so hard for me to be back in the rush and hussle of teaching again...

This year wasn't so bad, but, yeah, the weekend is great, but it is SO hard going back to school/work right afterwards.
The trick is not minding.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Back in the Habit
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 12:52:40 pm »
i've spent the last 3 years saving for k-con and spending my b-days at them super happy fun time!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Back in the Habit
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 07:37:59 pm »
Well I started planning for Sakuracon a couple days after kcon was over. Only semi-planning for kcon at this point.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Back in the Habit
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 07:26:29 pm »
I am now starting my fund for my collar for my Hige collar...I now have *checks stash* $0 out of $25...care to donate?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Back in the Habit
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 08:40:28 am »
it like exept for a miracle i wont be geting back to japan for another year or to next best thing anime con i am keeping my eyes open at the fabric store for materials and patterns that can be modifyed
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline The_Dragon_Alchemist

• Cabbit
Back in the Habit
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 05:34:52 pm »
dude i started planing for kumoricon 2006 before kumori 2005 was over and theng that i was going to bo like getting a big group of pple together to scream out Butternut when chris come on to the stage for the first time

The Dragon Alchemsit
I Am Col. Rokin Drakonies The Dragon Alchemsit of The Darkseage Alchemist of the State Military now get out of the way ive got people to help, things to blow up, a state to piss off! Were the hell are the rest of my Alchemist

Offline ambergen87

• Sailor Scout
Planning. Planning.
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 06:52:31 am »
I started planning after the con ended. I working on my cosplay now. Saving money already.
Randomness is good for the soul.

The swag lady.

Cosplay for Kumoricon 2011:
Saturday: Lolita
Sunday: Seychelles
Monday: Catgirl Schoolgirl

Friday: Random yukata girl
Sat: Don't know
Sun: Don't know
Mon: Raine from Final Fantasy VIII

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Back in the Habit
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2005, 09:02:28 pm »
Me, well... I'm scurrying around for Sakura-Con at the moment. But, come June, I shall be running around like a chicken with my head cut off for Kumori-Con, (and getting ready to go off for college.) I'm more of a last minute planner than anything else.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
Back in the Habit
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 10:26:57 pm »
I started thinking about my cosplay for next year as soon as the con was over! At first I wanted to do Fuu and Lust, but I decided to do Fuu and Rei Ayanami instead. I've had a blue wig sitting in my closet for ages. I figured it's about time I used it.