Author Topic: Scheduling questions for this year  (Read 2856 times)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
Scheduling questions for this year
« on: July 11, 2016, 04:46:26 am »
Since Kumoricon is being held at the end of October this year, I had a few things I wanted to ask.

1. When should panelists expect to be notified of their panels being approved?
2. Since the convention has gone back to three days, is the panel scheduling going to be formatted more like it was prior to '14 or the same way it was last year? Regardless of how it's done, I would like to see a higher number of guest panels this time, along with more variety. If I had been there last year, I would've liked to have seen at least a couple of standard Q&As from the voice actors
3. Because the OCC has policies where a convention similar to another can't be held right before or after it, I'm aware that that was why Kumoricon got scheduled for this year. This isn't meant as criticism, but I was wondering why it got scheduled in late October instead of July or early August. Was there too much competition with other conventions? And are there plans to have it held sometime earlier in the summer for next year?

Offline Yanagiba

• Cabbit
Re: Scheduling questions for this year
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:43:47 am »
There isn't a set time that panelists will be notified that their panel has been approved. This is mainly due to multiple factors, including sorting through all the submissions and waiting for confirmations for guest content. My best guess based on timing is that the acceptance emails will go out probably in late August or early September. However, this is only an estimate.

Being in a new location means that the format in general is going to change. Until the schedule is hammered out, there isn't a solid answer to this question either, but after the initial ideas on how to place things at the OCC, I'd say that the formatting will probably be different from any of the other years. More on this will come with the release of the schedule.

As for the date choice, that would probably be best answered by someone else, but I believe the reasoning behind it was said to be overlap with Halloween weekend and less local cons that are similar to conflict with. There could be other reasons, but those were the main reasons given when it was announced as far as I can remember. :)
2011-2016  Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2010  Live Events Manager
2007  Assistant Tech Manager
2006  Programming Grunt
2005  Volunteer (practically staff)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: Scheduling questions for this year
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »
It'll be entertaining if panels are confirmed in September because in years past, it can take a month to solidify the actual schedule, and for panelists to offer fixes & compliants in regards to the the slots they were given (ie: panelist has to leave the con center at 8pm, and their panel was scheduled to start at 8pm, panelist hosts 2 panels and they are scheduled at the same time, ect).
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)