Author Topic: DR Panel.  (Read 4459 times)

Offline AlyssParadox

• Cabbit
DR Panel.
« on: May 06, 2016, 06:19:12 pm »
HI HI Everyone!

Me and some other con goers are setting up a Dangan Ronpa panel for this upcoming year. But what I need from you guys is some suggestions. We have a general idea: someone dies,  we try to find murderer, Monokuma executes a punishment. But we also want audience participation.

However, having many audience members joining in can get chaotic and we lose control easily and the panel "fun" level can decrease. So although we want participation, I think a few people helping out at a time will be easier. Very much similar to the audience participation way in the Slightly Anime Dating game. But this is NOT a dating game!  It's murder mystery.

So I ask all of you who will hopefully be in the audience,  what would you like to see in this panel that would make it fun for you?

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 09:20:11 pm by AlyssParadox »
Kumoricon 2016 Lineup:
Nagito Komaeda, Junko Enoshima (maybe), Monokuma.

Offline Eli

• Cabbit
Re: Dangan Ronpa Murder Mystery Panel (IDEAS NEEDED)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 07:51:20 pm »
Hey there! This panels looks like a lot of fun, and I hope I can attend it this year if it happens! I think that an important part of a murder mystery is to make the murder interesting but not too complicated it's hard to understand? I adorable murder mysteries, it's cool you guys are making one :P

Offline littletea

• Oni
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 12:37:32 am »
maybe selecting a few people in the audience to participate at a time would work? for instance if you only wanted 5 at a time, just randomly pick those people raising their hands

Offline AlyssParadox

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 02:56:58 pm »
maybe selecting a few people in the audience to participate at a time would work? for instance if you only wanted 5 at a time, just randomly pick those people raising their hands
Yeah I was considering that. But what exactly should they do after we select them?
Kumoricon 2016 Lineup:

Offline LegitamateHapp

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:37:49 am »
Well you want audience participation then you should definitely make a statement before you choose players, something like "to enter you should be confident in your acting skills, and be able to play a character well" and then maybe the contestants you choose could be placed into a scenario with fake aliases,
like for example, you create 5 or so fake characters in the dangan ronpa universe (oc's if you will) then the players can pretend to be them and be a part of the class trial??? i really don't know, there doesn't seem to be a good way to do audience participation in any way other than letting them find out who the murderer is themselves and then convince it the other players. Though if that were the case then you'd need to make up like 10+ scenarios because audience members might spoil stuff if they played before, and people wouldn't take it seriously, and ugh. Man you sure chose a hard idea for a panel.

Offline AlyssParadox

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 06:12:49 pm »
Well you want audience participation then you should definitely make a statement before you choose players, something like "to enter you should be confident in your acting skills, and be able to play a character well" and then maybe the contestants you choose could be placed into a scenario with fake aliases,
like for example, you create 5 or so fake characters in the dangan ronpa universe (oc's if you will) then the players can pretend to be them and be a part of the class trial??? i really don't know, there doesn't seem to be a good way to do audience participation in any way other than letting them find out who the murderer is themselves and then convince it the other players. Though if that were the case then you'd need to make up like 10+ scenarios because audience members might spoil stuff if they played before, and people wouldn't take it seriously, and ugh. Man you sure chose a hard idea for a panel.
Haha ≧∇≦ I'm glad you understand my predicament. But that OC idea is interesting and I like the idea of stating that they should be confident in their acting before coming up. That would make it a lot easier for me and my panelists. We did think about the idea of have some attendees be in the class trial but how to prepare the "evidence bullets" for them is a troublesome idea.... Work in progress indeed,  but your ideas helped me progress more!
Kumoricon 2016 Lineup:

Offline toshiwaki

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 08:02:27 pm »
this sounds really interesting! if you need more panelists, I'll be going as Komaeda, and if I get the wig in time possibly Scene Kid AU Izuru bc I'm trash lol

kumori 2016 lineup
komaeda nagito, horikawa kunihiro, asuramaru, keith kogane