Author Topic: 2016 contest questions..  (Read 6355 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
2016 contest questions..
« on: April 01, 2016, 06:21:27 pm »
Hello, I'm new to contests and have no idea what I'm doing..My friend competed last year and we were hoping to both compete this year..But we have 2 questions..
1, Is it possible to do a group walk on entry? As in we both sign up for a walk-on where we are judged on craftsmanship, but we go on together as a group because we are in the same cosplay group. We will both be making our cosplays ourselves, and will be taking progress shots and actually, even video for your group youtube channel as proof that we are each making our own, but I wasn''t sure if this con allowed a group of 2 as one entery.

2, If so, how would we apply? I didn't see the forms so I assume they aren't up yet, but I want to know what I'm doing before they go up so I can submit it asap.

Oh and by "making them ourselves" I mean I will be making mine and he will be making his..But we both will use the same techniques since they are from the same series so they have similar looks to them.

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
Re: 2016 contest questions..
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 10:34:32 am »
Sorry it took so long to respond to you.

1: We totally accept group walk-ons. You can enter together, be judged together, and do your walk-on together.

2: The forms will be up shortly. We appreciate your patience, we have regular lives that sometimes get in the way of convention work.

Majik

Asst. Cosplay Coordinator.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 01:05:55 pm »
Awesome thank you. Do we enter on the same application? or do we do one each but add a note that we are entering together?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 02:03:46 am »
It'll depend on how you want the reward sent out. Do you want to get a reward for a group winning craftsmanship, or going mano a mano no holds bars against each other, and just walk-on together? The second option means, I believe, you'd schedule different time to be judged and would have to have material for both of yourselves.
If you're judged as a group: 1, you go on stage together, 2 the reward is shared, 3 you are judged together, 4 if one of you is better at craftsmanship than the other, you will be put into the highest tier applicable.
So if you're middle-level and your friend is beginner level, your friend will be judged as if they're middle-level.

Majin can clarify for certain if it's changed this year, but that's been the general understanding of the rules in the past few years.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 03:22:34 pm »
Veraca is right, mostly.

For a group walk on, you'd submit one application, there are spaces lower on the form to list all group members.
But, like veraca explained, you'd be judged at your highest skill level. And you'd be treated as one entry.

The only exception for one entry at a time on stage, is very small children. Who can have an adult accompanying or sibling accompanying.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 09:34:46 pm »
It'll depend on how you want the reward sent out. Do you want to get a reward for a group winning craftsmanship, or going mano a mano no holds bars against each other, and just walk-on together? The second option means, I believe, you'd schedule different time to be judged and would have to have material for both of yourselves.
If you're judged as a group: 1, you go on stage together, 2 the reward is shared, 3 you are judged together, 4 if one of you is better at craftsmanship than the other, you will be put into the highest tier applicable.
So if you're middle-level and your friend is beginner level, your friend will be judged as if they're middle-level.

Majin can clarify for certain if it's changed this year, but that's been the general understanding of the rules in the past few years.

Thank you. And yea, we're both about the same as far as what level we'd be at judge-wise, and we are fine with all the stuff you said. We actually assumed all that stuff anyway.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 07:36:40 pm »
I have another question. My friend's asking this time but I'm the one who comes on here more.
So if someone entered the walk on contest with one cosplay, can they re-enter with the same cosplay if they didn't win anything?

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 01:06:20 pm »
I have another question. My friend's asking this time but I'm the one who comes on here more.
So if someone entered the walk on contest with one cosplay, can they re-enter with the same cosplay if they didn't win anything?

• Costumes worn for any previous competition at Kumoricon are ineligible.

• [/size]This is a direct quote from our rules.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • YouTube
    « Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 04:36:08 pm »
    ^That's good to know. Thank you. Not that it matters for us as these are brand new cosplays that we are actually still making lol But he wanted to know for the future. Again, thanks

I have more questions though..lol I know, I have a lot..sorry.
    So we sent the forms in and got an email saying they got the applications. How do we know if we are going to be taking part? It'd be nice to know ASAP if we were too late or not. I also saw the schedule (I applied for a panel so I got the early schedule) and saw the contest stuff. The judging was friday for like 6 hours..Are we going to get a time that we need to show up? And if so, when abouts should I expect that, and how will I be notified? Email? And It's myself and my friend entering as a group, so I assume we would go together, and be in cosplay (obviously, since they have to judge), but do we need to be in costume for the Tech Rehearsal? It'd be nice to not have to put on all the armor and stuff when we have to be there at like 8am..that's a HUGE hassle, and extremely early.
    Thank you.

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
    « Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 01:42:42 am »
    Jei you only need to wear the cosplay during the cosplay judging and the contest, you dont have to wear it to the tech if you don.t want to, also you will be able to get a time slot for cosplay judging at the pre meet and also a tech time slot at the pre meet along with in which number you are to go on stage.
    ~~Kumoricon 2018~~
    ~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
    « Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 01:43:42 am »
    Me and my friend are going to be in the contest to  :D
    ~~Kumoricon 2018~~
    ~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • YouTube
    « Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 03:13:58 pm »
    Jei you only need to wear the cosplay during the cosplay judging and the contest, you dont have to wear it to the tech if you don.t want to, also you will be able to get a time slot for cosplay judging at the pre meet and also a tech time slot at the pre meet along with in which number you are to go on stage.
    Well then I hope they can work around a schedule. Because I have 2 photoshoots to run on friday. One being Nintendo, which I'm cosplaying from, so they better be able to work around that because that's stupid. They should really tell us ahead of time when things are going to happen so we can work the rest of the damn convention around it since literally half of the convention is just hoping I don't clash with literally everything else I'm suppose to be doing.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
    « Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 04:28:11 pm »
    Well then I hope they can work around a schedule. Because I have 2 photoshoots to run on friday. One being Nintendo, which I'm cosplaying from, so they better be able to work around that because that's stupid. They should really tell us ahead of time when things are going to happen so we can work the rest of the damn convention around it since literally half of the convention is just hoping I don't clash with literally everything else I'm suppose to be doing.

Hello Jei,

For Friday pre-judging, we will be assigning times. We understand that people love to do a lot at conventions, but there only a few exceptions to having a judging time moved, those being school, work, or convention work.

We should also be letting people know their times here soon. Both of us have been slammed with work or traveling with work. We do appreciate your patience!

Please send us an email at cosplay@kumoricon.org if you have any further questions.
    « Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:30:05 pm by the_wind_the_sea »

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
    Kumoricon'19 Plans-
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • YouTube
    « Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 10:17:06 pm »
    Thanks, but it turns out we aren't entering. Well i'm not. My cosplay partner wants to still enter. Same costume, but JSUT him. Does he have to re apply? I figure I'd ask here just in case.

Hello Jei,

For Friday pre-judging, we will be assigning times. We understand that people love to do a lot at conventions, but there only a few exceptions to having a judging time moved, those being school, work, or convention work.

We should also be letting people know their times here soon. Both of us have been slammed with work or traveling with work. We do appreciate your patience!

Please send us an email at cosplay@kumoricon.org if you have any further questions.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
    « Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 01:16:51 pm »
    Please have him send us an email at cosplay@kumoricon.org

Thanks

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
    Kumoricon'19 Plans-
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • YouTube
    « Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 07:54:27 pm »
    Please have him send us an email at cosplay@kumoricon.org

Thanks

Alright, I messaged him and told him to email that address. Thank you very much.