Author Topic: PANEL IDEA - Cosplay Mini-Skit Theater  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Jumelini

• Oni
PANEL IDEA - Cosplay Mini-Skit Theater
« on: April 06, 2016, 10:03:49 am »
Thinking of this for Sakura Con next year, but also possibly Kumori Con. What do you think of the following panel idea?

• Multiple pre-written plays 3-5 minutes where we have a casting/rehearsal panel and then a performance panel?
    • That and/or a panel where you come and see a polished performance of a short play
    [/list]
    Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions!!!

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
      • Hawk222's tumblr
    Re: PANEL IDEA - Cosplay Mini-Skit Theater
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:17:44 pm »
    So, it's a sort of improv-based panel, right? Sounds intriguing.

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
    « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 07:17:15 pm »
    If you can get it in one of the rooms with a stage or a makeshift one; the panel  would be perfect.

Offline Jumelini

• Oni
    « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 06:32:56 pm »
    Sort of improv, but instead of coming up with your lines they would be pre-written and you would just read and act out the skit (no need to memorize lines) - some props would be provided if necessary.

As far as getting a room with a stage, is that just a matter of requesting one and hoping you get it?

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
    « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 06:48:02 pm »
    I think most cons let you request things like that, Sakura con has a lot of good rooms.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
      • Facebook
      • Twitter
      • YouTube
    « Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 07:30:48 pm »
    Sort of improv, but instead of coming up with your lines they would be pre-written and you would just read and act out the skit (no need to memorize lines) - some props would be provided if necessary.

As far as getting a room with a stage, is that just a matter of requesting one and hoping you get it?

I wanna address your second part first. The stage thing. I know because I already applied for my panel.
    Yes you just ask for one and hope..When you submit the application, there's a drop menu asking what kind of room you would like.
    here is the exact list copied from the page:
    Theater (table in front of room, rows of chairs)[/size]Theater with stage (rows of chairs, stage in front)Workshop (rows of chairs with tables)Other
    The one that says "with stage" is the one you'd choose if you want a stage. We do because the panel my friend and I want to host is about prop making and we need to make sure people can see us and the stuff we are showing.

Anyway, I like this idea and would love to come see it.