Author Topic: 2015 AMV Contest Playlist and Official Results [FINAL]  (Read 7434 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
2015 AMV Contest Playlist and Official Results [FINAL]
« on: September 02, 2015, 09:45:12 am »
Here is the 2015 playlist and OFFICIAL CONTEST RESULTS!

Category -A- THE MELTING POT (6)
1 - The Essence of Life <- WINNER
2 - Mirror of Memories
3 - Come Home
4 - Resonance
5 - RocketPants
6 - RWBY - This is War

Category -B- TECHNICAL EFFECTS (3)
1 - actionmixmusic
2 - Host Club Angel
3 - Cureless <- WINNER

Category -C- TRAILERS (3)
1 - Clash of the Titans
2 - AI Astro Intelligence
3 - Furious Redline <- WINNER

Category -D- COMEDY PARODY (3)
1 - Rien ne va Plus
2 - Rainbow Stalin Saves the World
3 - Anime 404 <- 2X WINNER & BEST of SHOW

Category -E- UPBEAT DANCE (5)
1 - A Salty Stick
2 - Little BAKAdemia
3 - Threshold!
4 - Yeah Dandy
5 - Tell Me Something I Don't Know <- WINNER

Category -F- INTENSITY (4)
1 - FMA Brotherhood AMV <- WINNER
2 - Hypnotic
3 - Between Rage and Serenity
4 - Area 52

PRIZES:
a. A prize awarded for each category.
b. A Best of Show determined by audience ballot.

A total of (7) prizes awarded.

Congratulations to all entrants, and to the winners!

- G

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:57:19 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline jeffry_fisher

• Cabbit
    • Liberating Digital Content
Re: 2015 AMV Contest Playlist and Official Results [FINAL]
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 08:53:28 am »
There seemed to be fewer AMVs in the contest this year. Was that because there were fewer submissions, less quality, longer average running time, less time allowed for the contest...?
"People who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Offline 13Joe

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 10:52:17 am »
There seemed to be fewer AMVs in the contest this year. Was that because there were fewer submissions, less quality, longer average running time, less time allowed for the contest...?

The long answer makes assumptions so I'll stick with the short one.

We had one submission that was replaced with a different one by the editor because of the extreme nature of the "Mature" scenes.

We had a few that did not follow the rules (I did my best to be a bit flexible but rules are rules).

The biggest issue was minimal entries this year AND some catagorys got a LOT of submissions and others had very few.   I hope this will be a non issue next year.

I belive the biggest way we could impove the Contest next year is to pester editors out there to submit thier videos.
--something profound--

Joe Mason
2017 AMV Coordinator
2016 AMV Coordinator
2015 AMV Coordinator

amv13joe@gmail.com

Offline jeffry_fisher

• Cabbit
    • Liberating Digital Content
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 12:45:38 pm »
Aha! I wondered why the ballot had two numbers in one category when there were three titles online and in the contest. Maybe that was it.

There are *always* submissions that transgress the rules. Many AMVs are made for other cons with different rules, and we often get them "as is" (even with another con's bumper -- not against the rules, but some other content might be, or might not fit the category). Part of the judges' work is to make the calls on the marginal cases, with time constraints usually inhibiting leniency.

2014's contest hiccups may have had something to do with lower turnout this year. We can hope that since regular service has been restored, we will get more entries next year.

Uneven distribution among categories is something the judging panel may handle (if they have time). If a category is thin, then it could be merged or even dropped (melting pot helps there if there's an orphan worth keeping). If there are a lot of *good* AMVs in a category, it could be split thematically (e.g. splitting horror out of intensity).

Since I make a lot of suggestions, I suppose I should offer again to help. The one thing I know I can't do is editing, but I can pitch in with most other tasks both before and during the con.
"People who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 01:40:14 pm »
Will there be links to the videos like in past years?
"Well, it's going to look pretty good then, isn't it?  The One Horseman and the Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse." Terry Pratchett

Offline 13Joe

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:58:31 pm »
Will there be links to the videos like in past years?

I am not sure I have Public Links to all of the videos but my plan is too get as many posted as possible.

It will take me a little bit to do, my priority is contacting and shipping prizes to editors.

But stay tuned =).
--something profound--

Joe Mason
2017 AMV Coordinator
2016 AMV Coordinator
2015 AMV Coordinator

amv13joe@gmail.com

Offline icefox94

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 06:50:49 pm »

thanks so much for this list! i've been trying to find these AMVs on youtube since the AMV contest and have only been able to find Essence of Life and Anime 404 so far, and this list will definitely help find the rest! <3

wasn't Anime 404 also the audience choice winner?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:52:51 pm by icefox94 »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Other Places to look for AMVs
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 08:33:36 pm »
You can also get lucky poking around on amvnews.ru and sometimes akross.ru too.
I like these sites better than animemusicvideos.org because you can download
without having to log in to anything.**
(Remember, login + password = you are being watched and tracked much more closely,
by who the heck knows whom? None of their damn business what I want to download.)

The Russian word for 'Download' is 'Скачать' so look for that on pages like these.

- G

**(Plus, after every 10 downloads, animemusicvideos.org nags you for reviews/ratings.)

Offline Meowzrz24

• Oni
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 07:52:11 pm »
I was the creator of the winning trailer, Furious Redline, and though I'm happy I won, I'm a little angry that mine didn't have a number to circle at the contest. I was there and had to write in my number and circle it... Having it not an option to pick made me really nervous as an AMV creator and I'll give advice to make sure this doesn't happen next year.
Thank you everyone that still voted my trailer even without a number! :D

Offline 13Joe

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 10:38:39 am »
No doubt there were a few things that could have been improved upon for the 2015 Contest.   Guy has given me a TON of useful information but trying to make it all fluid my first time "on the bull" was quite difficult.

Look out for a new thread that I will start in the near future titled "2016 Contest Suggestions".

I would like everyone to know that if you have talked/emailed/or otherwise communicated either positive comments or things that need improvement - they have all been written down in one document and will be used to help make the 2016 Contest possibly the most successful one so far 8).

Having said that - it is a large Contest in a large Convention and it is very possible that it will never be "perfect", but I will certainly stive for perfection.
--something profound--

Joe Mason
2017 AMV Coordinator
2016 AMV Coordinator
2015 AMV Coordinator

amv13joe@gmail.com

Offline 13Joe

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 04:18:50 pm »
This Years Contest is Officially Closed.

I mailed out all of the Prizes this morning and emailed all of the Prize Winners personally to let them know the specifics.

Thank-You, to ALL of the Editors, Voters, Staff and all of the great folks that participated and have given their time to help make a Great Contest!!!!

Please, add any helpful ideas or input for next year in the 2016 Suggestions thread.

I will work on adding Links to the Playlist AMV's as I can.
--something profound--

Joe Mason
2017 AMV Coordinator
2016 AMV Coordinator
2015 AMV Coordinator

amv13joe@gmail.com

Offline 13Joe

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 09:59:38 am »
Just heard back from one of the two in Germany that he has received his prize, so Without having had anyone contact me that they did not receive their package - I would call this year a success and concluded!

Hope to see you all next year ;)
--something profound--

Joe Mason
2017 AMV Coordinator
2016 AMV Coordinator
2015 AMV Coordinator

amv13joe@gmail.com