Author Topic: The New Site is Officially Here!  (Read 4556 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
The New Site is Officially Here!
« on: November 10, 2005, 05:30:08 pm »
For those of you who come straight to the forums, please take a detour to the new main page. We have expanded the functionality of the site, and info on registration and next year's hotel are neatly accessible. Other info, such as available staff positions, Code of Conduct for the forums, general info, and so forth are also prominently diplayed.

Things to watch for in the future:
Online schedule of at-con events
Year long calendar of meeting dates and events
The Con Chair's Monthly Newsletter
Links to donor and sponsor pages
and much more...

Thanks to all who contributed to the new site, and especially to the publicity team for implementing it so quickly! We're off to a great start!
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Black_night84

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.zoph.net
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 06:09:12 pm »
Also, don't forget to register! The link works and it's only $25 till December 1st!

So register early and register often = )
+--------------------------+
Zac Goodwin
Director of Publicity
publicity@kumoricon.org
AIM: Black Night84

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 08:12:45 am »
small prob with the site.  the link for the forum dosent work or atleast not with firefox. also the menus which im guessing should show up one line under the main menu when highliughted are instead showing up at half line.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 09:16:55 am »
The link that goes Forums > Forums? It works for me, and I'm using Firefox.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 12:38:03 pm »
The Forum link is working for me as well (Firefox User). I think the issue with the menus over-lapping is something wrong with the blog template. It does that no matter what browser I use. They might want to think about choosing a different blog template.

Also, just a general question, but why use a blog template instead of and actual web site (CMS)?

Offline Black_night84

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.zoph.net
Website
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 03:41:54 pm »
Well, the system is baised on Wordpress, a pretty nifty blog software that over time has devloped into not a bad basic CMS system, and Not to mention The templating system and the CSS capabilities that make it a bresze to update the look of our site. When we choose this it meet our requirements with out giving us alot of the extra "Stuff" that we didn't need in a system like PHP nuke.

As for the small issues in the website, those should be resolved when we release the Mascott = )

Thanks!
- Zac Goodwin
+--------------------------+
Zac Goodwin
Director of Publicity
publicity@kumoricon.org
AIM: Black Night84

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
Excellent!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 07:25:31 pm »
I love the new web lay out! The color scheme is much brighter and more inviting. It is definatley a more attractive and user friendly site :)
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
Re: Excellent!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 11:02:41 am »
Quote from: "Darkerlight"
I love the new web lay out! The color scheme is much brighter and more inviting. It is definatley a more attractive and user friendly site :)

Agreed, it's pretty snazzy-looking. Great job to the designer.

Offline The_Dragon_Alchemist

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 10:56:13 am »
can you ppl please say stuff so that the not so computer smart can under stand it please
I Am Col. Rokin Drakonies The Dragon Alchemsit of The Darkseage Alchemist of the State Military now get out of the way ive got people to help, things to blow up, a state to piss off! Were the hell are the rest of my Alchemist

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 03:37:51 pm »
Quote from: "The_Dragon_Alchemist"
can you ppl please say stuff so that the not so computer smart can under stand it please

uh?

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 12:35:40 pm »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"
uh?

"K4N J00 PPl pLEE2 54y LEw7 50 7h47 7Eh N07 50 c0mPU7Er 5m4r7 k4N UNDEr 574nd 17 pLEE2"

Or,

"Can you people please use English for those of us unfamiliar with computer-speak can understand?"

I have to agree with this sentiment. Please use English. While we are capable of being patient toward the efforts made by those whose first language is not English, excessive computer-speak, be it l33t or IM-speak is GOD DAMNED ANNOYING.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Dark-hobo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 09:56:31 pm »
To be fair though this thread has pretty much no engrish or |337 speak

" We must run from this... this hobo, this hobo that is dark" - General Volgun "The hobo Hunter" Opwusa

-goggle squad member

Put your hands on your hi

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 09:59:00 pm »
@ Dark-Hobo

I agree, it pretty much doesn't, at least now (I dunno if it was edited at some point or not).  But the point is valid, though, given some of what's been hitting the board lately.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=