Author Topic: good and bad things at kumoricon 2015,  (Read 6007 times)

Offline derek anthony

• Cabbit
good and bad things at kumoricon 2015,
« on: September 10, 2015, 10:55:15 am »
I had a good time at the show this year and this is one of the best cons I went to, but there were a few downsides too,
1. this has nothing to do with the con, but there was a sidewalk on both the convention center side and right next to the artists alley, that had parts that were sinking, so the other part was sticking up, so people kept tripping over it,  somebody should have put a cone or a sign right next to the  joints that was sticking up
2. due to unforeseen rumors, that the weekend passes were sold out, I had to get a one day pass, and I went to volunteer for the shut down procedures, and the guy at the desk said that would be fine with the pass, (and I also filled out the form) then, I come back the day of the shut down, and there was a lady there that said I could not volunteer since I had the one day pass, I left feeling like I did not do everything I could do, (reminder next year get a weekend pass)
3.  skimpy costumes  , expecially on men, if you are going to wear a body suit, please wear shorts under or over it , there were little kids there that don't need to see that ( this happens at other comic cons too)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: good and bad things at kumoricon 2015,
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 01:33:14 pm »
Good:
Everything except the rain and my costume piece breaking..
Bad:
The rain and my costume piece breaking..

And no, I'm not making a troll post..I'm dead serious..

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 02:51:30 pm »
Good: Rain and cool weather. So awesome for all of my layers. Got the same parking spot all days lolz

Bad: Constantly being stuck under A/C vents and turning into an ice cube. Missing out on late-night panels cause too busy.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:01:04 pm »
good: seeing my friends again
bad: things have happened-- like the hate preacher, etc
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 10:46:23 pm »
Good: I  got all my cosplays done in time and won the cards against humanity game on the last night of con

Bad:Not a thing.

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 11:33:26 pm »
GOOD-making lots of new friends and seeing old ones, also being in my first cosplay contest even though i didn't win anything.
BAD-it took me forever to put on my cosplays every morning, and some probs with my staffing schedule.
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 11:55:45 am »
Good: The VIP management and the convention were absolutely fantastic!

Bad: Nothing that i can really think of.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:42:58 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 06:22:52 pm »
Good: I had tons of fun all weekend, and everyone was really friendly! I got to most of the panels I wanted too

Bad: I wasn't able to find the co-host for my photoshoot, but it turned out okay. I got in line super early for a panel, but then I had to go find a lost friend so I didn't get in. Rain also wasn't awesome, as my spear used paper mache
Kumoricon 2016:
Saturday: Umi Sonoda (cheerleader version)
Sunday: Kyoko Sakura (Halloween version)

Offline PandaPanda

• Cabbit
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 03:52:29 pm »
Good: I. Got. To. Go! XD I got my first kiss (on the cheek) and met a wonderful guy~ Sleep over at my house~! XD We got there super early the first day so we didn't have to stand in line as long this year! Last year we were in line for 5 hours~ This year we got done so fast there was hardly anyone at the park! -^o^-

Bad: I had an anxiety attack day 1 and couldn't stop crying for an hour in the hotel. It rained the day I was Konan so I had to put parchment paper over the wings. It looked ugly and I burned my thumb badly that morning. :/ Also we didn't have a ride so we got there near noon and had to leave early. So con was a lot shorter for us this year which made me sad ;w; Also, I hurt my ankle and tore half of toenail off from tripping on the side walk vvv

Even though there were was so much bad, it was totally worth it!

I had a good time at the show this year and this is one of the best cons I went to, but there were a few downsides too,
1. this has nothing to do with the con, but there was a sidewalk on both the convention center side and right next to the artists alley, that had parts that were sinking, so the other part was sticking up, so people kept tripping over it,  somebody should have put a cone or a sign right next to the  joints that was sticking up
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:53:18 pm by PandaPanda »
2016:
Day 0: Panda kigirumi
Day 1: Konan am, school girl am
Day 2: Lolita
Day 3: Panda kigirumi or normal clothes

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 02:30:44 am »
Good: Pretty much everything, it was very relaxing. (Though, I did do a bunch of walking; lots of places to take photos!)

Bad: The weather - it was very cloudy, and chilly at times. Also, I really didn't appreciate that the board/card games were in the same room as the video games. Of course I love all of them and they were fun to play with people, but it was so noisy that it was hard to hear people in the board/card section of the ballroom. I hope staff can figure out a different arrangement in the future. Also, it's a real shame that the Artist Alley was moved to the outside area, behind the hotel, I passed by it so many times while walking around but I just didn't see it - so I never got to visit it...

-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline Andi

• Oni
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 05:53:36 pm »
Good: I got to have fun with old and new friends before I move away.
Bad: I had an incident with one of the con staff members. I was waiting in line for a panel after the rave and the staff member came up to our group and snapped my bra. It was an elastic cage back sports bra and it hurt really bad. She pulled it so far back I was afraid she was trying to rip it off of me. I was so shocked that all I could do was tell her that it wasn't ok. I had a bruise on my back for a few days. The same staff member would sit outside my groups hotel room for hours listening at the door waiting for us to wake up in the morning. It was really creepy and made us feel really uncomfortable.

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 12:23:50 am »
Bad: I had an incident with one of the con staff members. I was waiting in line for a panel after the rave and the staff member came up to our group and snapped my bra. It was an elastic cage back sports bra and it hurt really bad. She pulled it so far back I was afraid she was trying to rip it off of me. I was so shocked that all I could do was tell her that it wasn't ok. I had a bruise on my back for a few days. The same staff member would sit outside my groups hotel room for hours listening at the door waiting for us to wake up in the morning. It was really creepy and made us feel really uncomfortable.

Do you have the staff person's name, or know what she looks like?

That was really inappropriate, you should report her.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline PandaPanda

• Cabbit
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 03:16:35 pm »

That is absolutely terrifying!!! Did you or someone in your group report her? She shouldn't be allowed back to con, especially as a staff member, with that kind of behavior.
2016:
Day 0: Panda kigirumi
Day 1: Konan am, school girl am
Day 2: Lolita
Day 3: Panda kigirumi or normal clothes

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 06:54:50 pm »
A bad thing in POST con is that I can't get ahold of the fanfic judge. I'm not arguing my placing in the contest because I haven't read what ranked first, but there were some VERY strange notes on my submitted stories and whenever and wherever I've put forth my issues with these, including PMing and email, they've gone ignored. I'd like to get a reply because some of them seemed to show confusion about basic word use.

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 10:01:27 pm »

3.  skimpy costumes  , expecially on men, if you are going to wear a body suit, please wear shorts under or over it , there were little kids there that don't need to see that ( this happens at other comic cons too)

You mean the Kill La Kill cosplay that was defiantly a slip. 

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 11:29:30 pm »
Good: I truly ENJOYED running "Ask on Titan 2015." I loved the turnout for "Ask on Titan 2015," considering it was my first time running a panel. I enjoyed the kinder/gentler glomp circle, which lifted my spirits, after the Vocaloid Photo Shoot I was supposed to run, was a bust.

Bad: Having panelists back out on me, without advance notice (I had other panelists back out on me, but they at least let me know). Failing to keep the "2015 Photo Shoot" thread 100% up-to-date, which caused the Vocaloid Photo Shoot to be a bust. Not being able to return to Vancouver, Washington for 2016. The date change/going from a four day convention to a three day convention.

Shameless Plug Time: Please consider signing up to be a part of "Ask on Titan 2016 -- School's in Session," if you feel up to the challenge of being a panelist. https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=19309.0
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka