Author Topic: Official Kumoricon 2016 Photo Shoot Thread  (Read 10021 times)

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
Official Kumoricon 2016 Photo Shoot Thread
« on: January 04, 2016, 05:58:02 pm »
Let's see if I can keep this thread completely up-to-date.

Since we're in the Oregon Convention Center this year, nailing down the best/easily accessible photo location will be a challenge. That being said, once you've settled on your photo shoot, please submit your series, date, time, and location (if you're overly confident or know something I don't) to this thread.

Day Zero (10/27/2016)

Day One (10/28/2016)
Hetalia - Time & Location TBA
League of Legends - 11:30am (Battle Bunny Group) & 12:00pm (Everyone Else), Pendulum
Sword Art Online - 12:00pm, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.
Boku no Hero Academia - 1:00pm, Park/Courtyard across the street, from the Oregon Convention Center

Day Two (10/29/2016)
Vocaloid - 9:00am, Pendulum
League of Legends - 10:30am, Video Gaming
Death Parade - 10:30am, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.
FullMetal Alchemist - 12:30pm, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.
Pokemon - 1:00pm, Park/Courtyard across the street, from the Oregon Convention Center
Nintendo - 2:00pm, a statue of an old man in front of the max tracks behind some concrete planters
RWBY - 3:00pm, Park/Courtyard across the street, from the Oregon Convention Center
Yu-Gi-Oh! - 6:00pm, Location TBA

Day Three (10/30/2016)
Vocaloid - 10:00am, Pendulum
Attack on Titan - 10:30am, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.
Zero Escape - 12:00pm, Park/Courtyard across the street, from the Oregon Convention Center
One Piece - 12:30pm, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:26:03 am by Otaku_24 »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
Re: Official Kumoricon 2016 Photo Shoot Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:07:00 pm »
Wow. This thread seems to have been forgotten.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 05:04:31 pm »
lol, guess there won't be any photoshoots this year

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 04:33:18 pm »
Fear not! Well, don't panic, sort of.. There are two Hetalia shoots planned for Friday and Saturday, but no one has info on good locations other than the fact that there's an outdoor plaza courtyard at the new con center. And nearby parks. Until there's more concrete info submitting a shoot's final plans wouldn't be very helpful.
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:41:47 pm »

Since we're in the Oregon Convention Center this year, nailing down the best/easily accessible photo location will be a challenge. That being said, once you've settled on your photo shoot, please submit your series, date, time, and location (if you're overly confident or know something I don't) to this thread.

Day Zero (10/27/2016)

Day One (10/28/2016)

Day Two (10/29/2016)

Day Three (10/30/2016)

Post updated. Also, I'm running the Attack on Titan, Death Parade, and Sword Art Online photo shoots. Please consider signing up to be in the photo shoots, if you haven't already done so.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 12:51:26 pm »
There are also more photoshoots listed in the Facebook group.  I created a Photoshoot thread (https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=19434.0) even earlier than this photoshoot thread, but no one replied and it makes it harder that the forum admin's don't seem interested in updating the pinned post either so people can actually find the photoshoot thread(s).  I had titled my thread as "unofficial" since I have no official part of Kumoricon and I didn't want to step on anyone's toes if Kumoricon actually has someone managing/running the photoshoot list.

But given that this is a new location, I think a lot of people won't know where to do the photoshoots until closer to the con itself.
"Well, it's going to look pretty good then, isn't it?  The One Horseman and the Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse." Terry Pratchett

Offline Takamina

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 05:22:05 pm »
Hello! I have a Boku no Hero Academia gathering for Friday/day one at 1:00 PM, located at the park/courtyard across the street right in front of the convention center. If I need to change the location later bc of weather/some other issue I'll let you know, but for now, please put that info down! Here's the gathering post link for easy access if you need to see it: https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=19503.0.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:35:30 pm by Takamina »
IG: @aernyx

Offline Spongeekat

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 08:20:45 pm »
There is a Rwby photoshoot on Day 2 at 3PM, meeting in the park across the street!
https://www.facebook.com/events/804853539657197/
☮♥Kumoricon 2015♥☮
Day 0: Undecided
Day 1: Spain - Hetalia
Day 2: England - Hetalia
Day 3: Makoto - Free
Day 4: Elizabeth - Black Butler

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 06:32:00 pm »

Day Zero (10/27/2016)

Day One (10/28/2016)
Sword Art Online - Time & Location TBA
Boku no Hero Academia - 1:00pm, Park/Courtyard across the street, from the Oregon Convention Center

Day Two (10/29/2016)
Death Parade - Time & Location TBA
RWBY - 3:00pm, Park/Courtyard across the street, from the Oregon Convention Center

Day Three (10/30/2016)
Attack on Titan - Time & Location TBA

Post Updated. Hopefully there aren't any mistakes, considering I only have access to my iPhone (don't ask why).
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline animefan209

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 04:24:02 am »
Yu-Gi-Oh! Photoshoot day 2 at 6 p.m. Location TBA

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 11:54:15 am »

Day Zero (10/27/2016)

Day One (10/28/2016)
Sword Art Online - Time & Location TBA

Day Two (10/29/2016)
Death Parade - Time & Location TBA

Day Three (10/30/2016)
Attack on Titan - Time & Location TBA

Post updated. Do I need to make any corrections?
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline AlyssParadox

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 02:48:52 pm »
Does anyone know if there is going to be a Danganronpa photoshoot? I've heard rumors of one on Sat but I was hoping someone would know if there was something for Friday.
Kumoricon 2016 Lineup:
Nagito Komaeda, Junko Enoshima (maybe), Monokuma.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 12:17:52 pm »
Since this is a new venue for some of us (liek myself who's never been to this venue before), it might be a good idea to have images and labels of each area. That way we can see exactly where a shoot will be held. I'm trying to host the Nintendo shoot again this year, but having never been to this venue, I can't pick an area, because obviously I don't KNOW any of the areas.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 01:40:20 pm »
Since this is a new venue for some of us (liek myself who's never been to this venue before), it might be a good idea to have images and labels of each area. That way we can see exactly where a shoot will be held. I'm trying to host the Nintendo shoot again this year, but having never been to this venue, I can't pick an area, because obviously I don't KNOW any of the areas.
I've been that there's a park/courtyard across the street from the convention center.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 01:58:36 pm »
I've been that there's a park/courtyard across the street from the convention center.
ok....That was not what i was asking of you..Maybe you didn't understand..I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and just assume you read my message wrong..I was not asking you if there was a park across the street, nor does telling me that there is answer my question..Have you ever been to Sakuracon? They are ALSO in a state convention center that has many areas to hold photoshoots at, same as here. Except that unlike your thread, the ones for Sakruacon (both on cosplay.com and on facebook) have each area labeld on a map with a number and/or letter (like area 1, 2, 2a, 2b, 3, 3a, 4, etc.) This way when you say "x photoshoot at x time in area 5) people know exactly were it is.
Like I said, since this is a new location, a TON of us that attend Kumoricon normally, but haven't attended anything in this convention center, we have NO idea where any locations are, because no one has provided any maps or area labels that tell us where the heck any shoot is even taking place.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 02:04:00 pm »
Maybe an example will help..We would have said "at the clock tower in the park across the street from the Hilton" Or something like that.. A landmark. A thing that labels the area. Same with "SMALL gazebo" and LARGE gazebo" as they identify the exact location. We can't simply say "ok we are meeting in the park".."Yea? Where? Which area in the park?" At Sakuracon, there are sections of the park labeled on a map. Are you going to area 2? Ok area 2 is this exact spot. the park is so large there are like 7 spots in it that aren't even connected to one another so that multiple shoots can happen at once and not interfere with each other. I can't just say "ok 1pm in the park"..That doesn't give any actual information on where..Where in the park? Is there a jungle gym? Is there a gazebo? Without landmarks no one has an actual meet up spot. They just go to the park and hope they are standing on the correct side..Maybe half are on the far right, half are on the far left..That would happen because no one made designated spots.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 02:12:50 pm »
ok....That was not what i was asking of you..Maybe you didn't understand..I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and just assume you read my message wrong..I was not asking you if there was a park across the street, nor does telling me that there is answer my question..Have you ever been to Sakuracon? They are ALSO in a state convention center that has many areas to hold photoshoots at, same as here. Except that unlike your thread, the ones for Sakruacon (both on cosplay.com and on facebook) have each area labeld on a map with a number and/or letter (like area 1, 2, 2a, 2b, 3, 3a, 4, etc.) This way when you say "x photoshoot at x time in area 5) people know exactly were it is.
Like I said, since this is a new location, a TON of us that attend Kumoricon normally, but haven't attended anything in this convention center, we have NO idea where any locations are, because no one has provided any maps or area labels that tell us where the heck any shoot is even taking place.
Maybe an example will help..We would have said "at the clock tower in the park across the street from the Hilton" Or something like that.. A landmark. A thing that labels the area. Same with "SMALL gazebo" and LARGE gazebo" as they identify the exact location. We can't simply say "ok we are meeting in the park".."Yea? Where? Which area in the park?" At Sakuracon, there are sections of the park labeled on a map. Are you going to area 2? Ok area 2 is this exact spot. the park is so large there are like 7 spots in it that aren't even connected to one another so that multiple shoots can happen at once and not interfere with each other. I can't just say "ok 1pm in the park"..That doesn't give any actual information on where..Where in the park? Is there a jungle gym? Is there a gazebo? Without landmarks no one has an actual meet up spot. They just go to the park and hope they are standing on the correct side..Maybe half are on the far right, half are on the far left..That would happen because no one made designated spots.
I've been to the Oregon Convention Center, but that was years ago, so I'm pretty much in the dark, like you. And, you're right, it would be nice, if a map (or maps) was posted here.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 04:25:46 pm »
I've been to the Oregon Convention Center, but that was years ago, so I'm pretty much in the dark, like you. And, you're right, it would be nice, if a map (or maps) was posted here.
Yes..And the person making a thread like this? Yea, that's THEIR responsibility to provide..And....That'd be you....If you don't even know where any of these areas are, why start the thread? That makes the task of making sure people know what locations are where, YOUR responsibility. You're the one always making these threads, so it'd be nice if you knew these things.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 06:02:35 pm »
Yes..And the person making a thread like this? Yea, that's THEIR responsibility to provide..And....That'd be you....If you don't even know where any of these areas are, why start the thread? That makes the task of making sure people know what locations are where, YOUR responsibility. You're the one always making these threads, so it'd be nice if you knew these things.
http://oregoncc360.circlescapes.com/ios/iphone.html

It's hard to post maps from my iPhone, but the link I've provided should allow you to take a 360° virtual tour of Kumoricon's home for 2016. I hope this helps. :)
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 10:22:18 pm »
http://oregoncc360.circlescapes.com/ios/iphone.html

It's hard to post maps from my iPhone, but the link I've provided should allow you to take a 360° virtual tour of Kumoricon's home for 2016. I hope this helps. :)
Not really..It gives me a couple hallways, the lobby and then the rooms which are off limits for photoshoots. That didn't give me a tour in any sense of the word. Have you or have you not been to Sakuracon? If not let me try to explain..For example for that convention center we have doors that lead outside the second floor cafe to some stairs. We call that "area 5b" (area 5 in the cafe that's inside those doors), along with an image or 2 showing the area
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.345236889159571&type=3
This way it's very clearly identified so if someone says "sailormoon photoshoot at area 5" EVERYONE knows where it is because it's clearly labeled on a map made by the person who put this type of list up.
So if I were to say "DBZ shoot in the park" at sakuracon, which has 2 large areas, which are area 1a-1f, and area 2g-2j,
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208450603487127&set=oa.146973588985903&type=3&theater'
how do you think that will pan out? Ya think people will just KNOW that I means area 2h which is at the bottom of the map? How many people are going to be waiting in are 1a all the way on the other side of the park? Without them knowing the exact meeting spot, they will miss out. All because no one made a map.

So I'm trying to host the nintendo shoot..Sure would be nice if i had a guide that told me where the heck photoshoots even COULD be held..I'm also not trying to say you're a bad person or anything for not doing it, but you made the decision to make this thread, so it became your responsibility to provide the information needed so that things go smoothly in this thread. If you can't, then you shouldn't make the thread, and let someone who can do it instead of jumping the gun..I mean, you started this thread in january even though no one had been starting to even think about this con's shoots yet, let alone talk about them. And if I remember correctly, you did the same thing last year, and didn't seem to learn from it. And also if I remember right, you also took forever to update it. If you can't even update it, don't make the thread. I'm sorry for rambling and complaining, but this is a huge mess that could already have been solved by someone that already has the information ready.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:23:18 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 04:59:59 pm »
If anyone is interested in One Punch man, I made an event for Friday. Because I couldnt find one anywhere.

https://www.facebook.com/events/152847445171781/?ti=cl
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 07:44:32 am »
FullMetal Alchemist photoshoot Saturday at TBD, Location TBD

One Piece photoshoot Sunday at 12:30 pm, Location TBD
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:32:44 pm by RobinSena »
"Well, it's going to look pretty good then, isn't it?  The One Horseman and the Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse." Terry Pratchett

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 09:34:01 pm »
Updates to two photoshoots:

FullMetal Alchemist photoshoot - Saturday at 12:30, Location: Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting. (Page 2, upper right side: https://goo.gl/DUwU7B  or Google maps: https://goo.gl/SSx57T)

One Piece photoshoot - Sunday at 12:30 pm, Location: The Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting. (Page 2, upper right side: https://goo.gl/DUwU7B  or Google maps: https://goo.gl/SSx57T)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 12:30:28 pm »
Nintendo photoshoot information:
Day - Saturday
Time - 2PM
Location - Ok this one's hard..We got a suggestion by a user so here's the copy/paste of what they said:
"a statue of an old man in front of the max tracks behind some concrete planters"
So yea..There..I guess..We will give until 2:10pm that day for people to show up and think of a place to move to. If no one offers up a new location by 2:10, we are just going to stay there, but we can Meet up there for sure."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:33:31 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2016, 07:43:38 am »
The One Piece and FullMetal shoots are backwards (the other info is correct):

FullMetal Alchemist photoshoot is on Saturday

One Piece is on Sunday (if it matters, Shingami_lover will be the one running this one)

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:45:45 am by RobinSena »

Offline batts

• Oni
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 09:05:00 pm »
Pokemon shoot @ 1PM Saturday, park across from entrance:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1104617719635930/

Zero Escape shoot @ noon Sunday, park across from entrance:
https://www.facebook.com/events/146540275813000/

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 03:49:16 am »
Vocaloid photoshoot: 9 am on Saturday and 10 am on Sunday meeting at the pendulum.

League of legends photoshoot: Friday 11:30 AM for the battle bunny group. 12 PM Noon for everyone else. Location for initial meet: pendulum. Saturday: 10:30am meet where the league tourney is.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:54:43 am by GregAtlas »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2016, 08:28:45 am »

Day Zero (10/27/2016)

Day One (10/28/2016)
League of Legends - 11:30am (Battle Bunny Group) & 12:00pm (Everyone Else), Pendulum
Sword Art Online - 12:00pm, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.

Day Two (10/29/2016)
Vocaloid - 9:00am, Pendulum
League of Legends - 10:30am, Video Gaming
Death Parade - 10:30am, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.
FullMetal Alchemist - 12:30pm, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.
Pokemon - 1:00pm, Park/Courtyard across the street, from the Oregon Convention Center
Nintendo - 2:00pm, a statue of an old man in front of the max tracks behind some concrete planters

Day Three (10/30/2016)
Vocaloid - 10:00am, Pendulum
Attack on Titan - 10:30am, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.
Zero Escape - 12:00pm, Park/Courtyard across the street, from the Oregon Convention Center
One Piece - 12:30pm, Holladay Lobby, (directly across the street from the center's TriMet MAX train station on Holladay Street) right under/in front of the "River Song" painting.
Post updated. Also, I'm cosplaying as Kirito today. :D
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Vigaman

• Oni
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 12:37:23 pm »
Hello, I am hosting the Persona Photoshoot on Day 2 10/29 at 6pm, location is the park with round stones across the street from the convention center. Here is the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/345045329161750/?ti=icl

You can also see it listed in the event page of Kumoricon Facebook group and in the guidebook app as well.

Thanks.