Author Topic: Highlights of KumoriCon 2015  (Read 3102 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
Highlights of KumoriCon 2015
« on: October 04, 2015, 06:22:57 pm »
Yep, it's my post-KumoriCon thread that I posted each year, the "Highlights of KumoriCon 2015" thread!
---
-Seeing Erica Mendez and Christine Cabanos really made my con. Having the voices of Ryuko and Mako and getting their autographs made me smile. Thanks, you two.
-Bressler's panels, as always, were fun and amazing, and they always bring their A-game each and every KumoriCon.
-The autism-friendly panel is a great panel. I wish more cons could do this. Maybe I might do a similar panel @ SakuraCon 2016.......

Other than that, this was a good con through and through. Now it's your turn! Tell us your highlights of this con.

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Highlights of KumoriCon 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 07:24:30 pm »
I was really happy this year. This years Kumori takes second place in best con experience out of my time as a cosplayer, thus far. 1st place being Sakuracon 2015, but this is not far behind.

I had some bumps but people seemed to understand (I had a cosplay break and was in pain from not eating when I was suppose to co-run a shoot and the person was mad, but then after I explained, they were very OK with it, and the other time was a shoot I was suppose to run, but the signing before , which was suppose to end at the time of the shoot actually went on another hour and a half and I had to wait, which means i missed the shoot). And the cosplay that broke, turned into another cosplay for the con, so I wasn't upset.

One of the main reasons I go to con is guests.This con had one guest I NEEDED to meet. Christine. I had to get my K-ON! dvd sets signed. I went up to her at her first signing and she got super excited and said "OMG First K-On! of the day!" and was smiling really big. At her session with Erica, I returned but in cosplay. I had the first season and the movie sigened the first time and wanted to get 2 Hyperdimention Neptunia games signed, but then I went into the anime buying area and low and behold they had season 2 of K-On!..Yep, that takes priority..So I picked up the ONLY 2 COPIED LEFT!! (part one and part 2, one copy each was all they had) and went waited at the line right after. When I got up there she obviously didn't recognize me, I idn't expect her to (even more not because I was in cosplay), but she said "Oh! Even MORE K-On! huh?" Yes with the "huh" at the end as to say "I remember you". She remembered me. And I was like "what?" And she said "You where 'the first K-On! of the day' right from the other day.." she also said she over heard me talking about when I brought it before lol I didn't know that, so it surprised me, but it was awesome.

The other guest "making my day" thing was David. I had the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime and the game Hyperdimension Neptunis Re;birth:2, and I went "Ok so I know for sure you do CFW Brave in re;birth:2 because it's the same voice as Senketsu, but did you really voice Anonydeath (it's a gay robot, and it sounds NOTHING like him)" And he laughts a little and goes "yea that was fun" and started doing the voice for me lol I told him "well damn I wish I could get 3 things signed because I have re;birth:3 (which he's also Anonydeath in) and he waves his hand in a "yea give me it anyway, I wanna sign it, I don't care if it's a 3rd thing" and I'm like..Well crap..I left it in the room..Fast Forward to Patrick's signing on Sunday..When I missed the one shoot because it took forever. Well we had to go to another area because it was for the people who couldn't come back for the "secret monday morning signing". I was first in line at that part. Well we moved to the back of the dealer's hall. On the way out, who's sitting at their signing table in the hall? DAVID IS!! I go up to him and I'm like (wearing cosplay this time so I explain who I am) "Hey, I don't know if you remember, I brought the Hyperdimension stuff to the signing.." He says he remembers and I tell him I just got Patrick to sign that same one that I didn't have before. I ask if it was possible to get personal items signed at his table, and he says I gotta buy something, so I'm like "....yea I know..I want this anyway..$20 right?" (pointing at the Senketsu picture). And he's like, oh, then yea I can sign anything you have. THAT was so awesome!

I also made a new friend this year who wants to do group stuff with me (he's on this forum, but he roomed with me this year).

Man..All around good con.

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 08:30:17 pm »
Perhaps my largest highlight was being able to be Tamaki for the OHSHC panel! I adored acting and being a host~ Plus, I loved sitting in the corner and laying on the ground when Haruhi wouldn't love me. All around, this year was a fantastic con, perhaps the best for me so far! I have a panel-bug now, meaning I only want to do more and more! C:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 02:32:12 pm »
My 3 year old becoming bestest best friends with any cosplayer with a tail and fur.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids