Author Topic: Farewell, Vancouver! (2007, 2011-5)  (Read 2977 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
Farewell, Vancouver! (2007, 2011-5)
« on: October 04, 2015, 06:27:09 pm »
For me, the final day of KumoriCon 2015 was a sad and bittersweet one for me, not just because it was the end of another KumoriCon, but the end of an era as well. After six years @ the Vancouver Hilton/the soon-to-be-closed Red Lion (from 2007 and 2011 to 2015), and being on Labor Day Weekend, it is the end of an era in quite a few ways.

I took the time to thank the Hilton Vancouver staff for their kindness and hospitality for the past several years, without them, the con would not have gone as smoothly as it has been in Vancouver. I know that working @ a hotel can be tough, but I try and be a nice person towards these people; they are hard-working and sometimes do not get enough thanks for what they do.

So, thanks for the memories, Vancouver, WA, and we look forward to the journey ahead @ the Portland Convention Center! Cheers.

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: Farewell, Vancouver! (2007, 2011-5)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 11:10:32 am »
I'm going to really miss the location. It was so nice between I-5, hotels, and the wonderful healthy park. The crowd of people at the fountain, the group from the Market. Not enough nice things to say about this location.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)