Author Topic: parking?  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Outai Tabibito

• Oni
parking?
« on: August 21, 2015, 06:51:31 pm »
so this is my second year attending, my first time for more than one day. i can't afford a hotel, so i'm commuting each day, and i need to know the street address for parking garages that won't charge for parking, or will not charge much. previously, i had parked at a meter, and while the meter was not expensive, having to put in quarters every two hours was annoying. i'd prefer to find a parking garage, but lacking that i can still do meters. any that run for more than two hours?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: parking?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 09:45:58 pm »
The garage directly next to the clocktower isn't too expensive and is gated, which is nice. (If you need in to leave, the Concierge at the Hilton has a key, or a way to get in.)
Parking should be free on Monday due to Labor day.

http://www.cityofvancouver.us/ced/page/parking-downtown-street-and-street-options
Lot #18 .75 per hour
 6:00 am - 6:00 pm weekdays - $6.00
 6:00 am - closing weekdays - $8.50
 6:00 pm - closing weekdays - $2.50
 All day on weekends - $2.50
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Outai Tabibito

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 02:48:37 pm »
what about friday-sunday? that's when i will be there.

Offline Sandstormzach

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 06:20:06 pm »
Related question- since the parking lot by the clocktower is gated, how do we get access to it to begin with? My dad and I did a practice drive today and we saw that lot, but didn't find out how to get in.

Offline Ichiro

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 03:07:31 pm »
Hi, this is the fourth year that I will be attending K-con but my first time getting a hotel. Luckily, I was able to get a room at the Hilton but I was wondering where parking is. Since registration and stuff is usually in the garage, is there another place for guests to park or do I have to park somewhere else?

Offline amdreamer

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 11:58:05 pm »
parking on the street will be free saturday through monday.  Friday parking will only until have to pay until 6 pm

Offline Outai Tabibito

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 02:04:09 pm »
I got a ticket on friday for parking on the street for more than 2 hours, even though there was still time on my meter. (i had added coins to it so I could remain parked. I finally found a park and go near the convention that had metered parking on the first floor, and was free on weekends and after 6pm.