Author Topic: Kumoriball  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Outai Tabibito

• Oni
Kumoriball
« on: September 07, 2015, 02:35:31 pm »
I don't know where else to put this, but I'm putting it here. Last night my boyfriend and I decided to attend Kumoriball. He was in a panel, so he could not be in line with me, but I had his outfit with me when I went to get a ticket for me and for him. I was able to get a ticket for myself, but they would not give me a ticket for him, a move which I found to be cruel. Rather than going into the ballroom and waiting for him to have a chance to get in, in which I would have waited all night most likely, I gave my ticket to someone else who was by himself and waited in a line outside with my boyfriend so we could both go together.
Once the line finally got inside, all those without a ticket had to step aside while those with a ticket were allowed to enter. We all had the feeling we were being treated like commoners amongst royalty, and that was adding to the stress. Then we all had to wait in a line outside again - the first time was bad enough because of smokers outside, and the second time wasn't any better. Then, when we finally did get to go into the ballroom, it was so crowded we could not move without bumping into someone and it was dark, feeling more like a rave than a masquerade ball. This, combined with the fact that I was standing next to a speaker that was VERY loud, triggered a panic attack for me. Two minutes into being in there and I had to leave or I was going to royally freak out.

Now, I understand the need for tickets - the room only holds so many people, and there were more people than there was room - and I understand needing to have the music loud for people to hear it, but I think a LOT of the problems could have been averted if a second ballroom had been opened up, rather than handing out tickets and making people wait while making them feel like scum.
Secondly, why turn out the lights when you expect us to dress nice and wear a mask? What is the point of making us dress up and wear fancy masks if we cannot see each other? Why was a masquerade ball treated like a rave? Maybe next time they should leave the lights on.

I say all of this because last night was so bad for me that I NEVER EVER EVER want to go to another Kumoriball. Absolutely NEVER. I NEVER want to go through that again, and these are the reasons why, as well as some solutions that could solve it, not only for me, but for many others who were there, too. I was there with them in line, and we agreed that these things should be fixed. I have no way of contacting anyone privately about this, so I'm putting it here.

Kumoristaff, I know you are trying your best, and I thank you for your efforts. However, somewhere the ball got dropped, and it made things miserable for me, and for others. Please do not take this as a personal attack - it is not - but instead take it as some suggestions on making the experience better for other attendees. I hope you can understand how upsetting this was for me - this was one of the events I had looked forward to the MOST - as well as it was for others, and use this to improve on next year.