Author Topic: Rules for Flyering?  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Rules for Flyering?
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:39:41 pm »
I was wondering what teh rules for passing out flyers to attendees is? Bare in mind, they are not REAL flyers. They are cor a cosplay. Joke flyers. They do not offer any actual services or anything. It's just a funny idea for a cosplay I am working on.

If you wanna know the details, it's a Haruhi Suzumiya related thing. I'm making flyers about Haruhiism (they have nothing offensive or anything like that in them), and I was gonna walk around decked in Haruhi stuff and hand out the flyers. Kinda like how the people at the festival this year had their jesus flyers..But this would not be real.
Oh and if I can, I would also want to pass out buttons with the flyers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:40:15 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: Rules for Flyering?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 01:58:42 pm »
Might be okay. There was a Doctor walking around handing out 'quest' challenges to attendees to save/make friends with an Elsa and take a picture as proof. The reward was a little pin I believe :) It was a fun idea.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 02:44:09 pm »
Might be okay. There was a Doctor walking around handing out 'quest' challenges to attendees to save/make friends with an Elsa and take a picture as proof. The reward was a little pin I believe :) It was a fun idea.

I thought the quest thing was a real thing. Like an actual Kumoricon thing they did this year. Was that something else?
Anyway, I figured it wouldn't be a problem seeing as it's not actually a real flyer or anything.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 11:25:42 am »
I'm not sure. But I know Kumori was doing a QR code quest or something for people with smartphones.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 01:18:37 pm »
I'm not sure. But I know Kumori was doing a QR code quest or something for people with smartphones.

Oh, then maybe it was different lol Oh well.
Anyway, I DID finish the flyer..
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/art/Haruhiism-Flyer-560114513
I even changed one of the 10 Commandments of Haruhiism to not be offensive.
I figure it's all in good fun so it's no big deal.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 05:12:38 pm »
Not speaking in any official capacity, just pointing out that this is in the con's code of conduct:

Other banned conduct in convention space

• Consumption of alcohol (unless presented at an official convention event), drugs (including marijuana), smoking (including e-cigarettes), or intoxication
  • Lewd conduct
  • Unsafe behavior, including real or play fighting
  • Selling or soliciting items or services
  • Distribution of flyers or literature

If you think this is an exception which should be allowed, I'd recommend waiting until after elections (which will probably be in two weeks) and emailing operations@kumoricon.org to ask about it.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 05:37:59 pm »
Not speaking in any official capacity, just pointing out that this is in the con's code of conduct:

Other banned conduct in convention space

• Consumption of alcohol (unless presented at an official convention event), drugs (including marijuana), smoking (including e-cigarettes), or intoxication
  • Lewd conduct
  • Unsafe behavior, including real or play fighting
  • Selling or soliciting items or services
  • Distribution of flyers or literature

If you think this is an exception which should be allowed, I'd recommend waiting until after elections (which will probably be in two weeks) and emailing operations@kumoricon.org to ask about it.

Yea I thought that rule was pertaining to REAL flyers. Like ones that actually served an actual purpose. Mine don't. I will email them though.