Author Topic: Can tickets sell out at the door?  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Galaxithea

• Oni
Can tickets sell out at the door?
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:00:08 pm »
I want to attend Kumoricon but did not order tickets in advance and must buy them at the door, but I am afraid that they will sell out before I can get one. Is it possible for tickets sold at the door to be sold out?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Can tickets sell out at the door?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 09:10:30 pm »
I don't think so..I assume you are coming on friday morning to get yous? I've never heard of a con like this "selling out of tickets" because first of all, there are no tickets. It's badges that they make on the spot (for you guys that didn't pre register) So it's not like "Only 100 tickets left". It's when someone shows up, they print your badge up. Second of all, this is not considered a large convention. It's no San Diego Comic Con..Thy sell out because SO MANY people try to go, that they can't even fit that many people in the building. They don't have a choice.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 12:16:36 am »
Actually, yes. Every con has a max attendance allowed, generally in the hotel space at a time, due to fire-code.

A couple of years back, Kumori actually had to put a cap on the attendance in the line. They had staff running like mad up and down the at-con-registration line counting people and double counting people and making announcements that a cap was in place and if you're after a certain person in line, it was pretty close to a guarantee you wouldn't be able to purchase a badge.

Right now, our largest issue is fire-code capacity. That's why lines for large (or in-demand) events are stuck outside of the building. This has no bearing on whether you can buy the badge or not, but it will affect if you can get in or not. That's also why certain events have the "tickets" to attend (you need both a badge and a ticket to attend those events).
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Galaxithea

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 01:55:26 pm »
Is it likely that I won't get in? If it is then I just prepared a whole lotta time for nothing.

Offline Penguin4478

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 05:52:25 pm »
If you show up on the first day (tomorrow, Friday) in the morning you most likely get in I think.

Considering people do walk-in registration on day 2 as well and they get in as long as you show up day 1 morning it's pretty secure.
2013 Smash Bros. Brawl Champion
2014 League of Legends Top 4 Team
2015 League of Legends 3rd Place Team

Offline Galaxithea

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 11:52:38 pm »
I'm going on day 2... And I better get in before 12 to be in time for the SU photoshoot. This is bad.