Author Topic: Questions about scheduling  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Penguin4478

• Cabbit
Questions about scheduling
« on: August 29, 2015, 09:56:58 pm »
So the schedule is pretty much final from what I can tell, but this is kind of a plea to change it a bit.

I noticed that the big tournaments, primarily Sm4sh and League, extend over multiple days in several multi-hour blocks. This I am fine with and think it can be a good change compared to previous years, but one of the main problems I have with it is that I notice the league prelims extend to 1 AM on the 2nd day of the tournament. As I am still a minor and my parents don't want me staying out too late (I get carpooled home with a bunch of other friends then drive back out the next morning), I think it's kind of unreasonable that a tournament for such a popular game extends past midnight. Can anything be done about this?

I understand that schedules are pretty much finalized at this point, but it would really help me out and I'm sure some others as well if this could get changed. If it can't, then please consider my reasoning for future years as I really don't think it's a good idea to host a tournament for such a popular game at very restricted hours of the day. I ran across the same problem last year but was thankfully able to bend the schedule a bit with the staff to get all our rounds completed in the round-robin finals, but extending to midnight and even past it is a bit crazy.

2013 Smash Bros. Brawl Champion
2014 League of Legends Top 4 Team
2015 League of Legends 3rd Place Team