Author Topic: Colored Contacts Advice?  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Michi-chan

• Cabbit
Colored Contacts Advice?
« on: August 04, 2015, 07:01:03 pm »
I want to get colored contacts this year to improve my cosplay, but I've never bought them before.
Any advice? Where's the best place to buy them? Is there a particular site that you've had good experience with? (I'm a little weary of just typing in "colored contact lenses" into Google and ordering off of random websites...)
I want blue ones that I can use for both Sailor Venus and Sailor Moon, btw :)
Thanks!

Kumoricon 2015:
Sailor Venus
....and...
TBA

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Colored Contacts Advice?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »
You are smart for not doing the google thing..That could go bad very easily.

To answer your question, Pinky Paradise is the Go-To for cosplayers everywhere:
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/
However I will give some very good advice BEFORE buying anything. Advice you are likely to get from any other person that would have posted first here lol

Regardless of if you wear contacts or glasses already, go to the eye doctor and tell them what you are doing. From what I've read from people that wear them on a fairly normal basis, they are not the same size as your normal contacts you would use to replace glasses. This means you have to make sure you know the info needed. I don't know the full details, but I'm sure this forum will help you a LOT:
http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82
This forum has a lot of threads on contacts. More so on Pinky because that site advertises for them, so people there already know about them first. You can type in their name in the search part and read up on what others have said to get more information.

Offline Michi-chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 04:28:23 pm »
Ah, thank you SO MUCH, Sailor-Jeimi! I really apprieciate all the tips, esp the eye doctor advice.
Kumoricon 2015:
Sailor Venus
....and...
TBA

Offline QuarianQueen

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 01:37:11 pm »
PinkyParadise has recently changed their method of billing, I found Uniqso to be a good place. They have a good variety, offer prescription lenses, and ship in about 2 weeks!

But I agree with consulting your eye doctor first  ;D  I hope you find what you need!!
Friday: Naruto
Saturday: Kotori Minami (maid) or Naruto again

Offline Michi-chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 06:11:30 pm »
Thanks QuarianQueen :) I'll check out that site too!
Kumoricon 2015:
Sailor Venus
....and...
TBA